Runwood Homes Employee Reviews for Caregiver

Poor pay and management
Carer (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex8 December 2019
Never enough staff for the amount of work your doing. Management would rather see staff struggle then call agency as they would lose their bonus. Low pay for the hours you work and the work quantity
Con artists
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex3 April 2019
I got offered a job and then got told that the position is not yet available until the lady who's job they were advertising hands in her resignation. Three weeks go by and the lady has still not resigned and I was told would have to wait another 2 weeks for her to return off holiday to make a decision. Naturally I declined the non existent position.
Pros
Nice workers
Cons
Badly managed.
Too many fingers in pies back stabbing
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire25 January 2019
No one listens management bad favourites all the way. Never any sheets towels or flannels at any time of the day. Alot of very lazy people here not cleaning up after themselves always running low on cleaning products do not waste your time on applying to work here
Pros
Residents
Cons
Do not apply at wisden court stevenage
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire29 October 2018
So much happier as no longer work there. Staff are two faced and there is always Chinese whispers this also includes manger and deputy who also like to get involved with the Gossip. Staff do what they want & if your there favourites you get away with it. Management is absolutely shocking & always covering incidents up and lying. Treat staff badly with there bullying manner never get your say always how mangers like it. Management only be nice if they need you to help them out otherwise no appreciation or respect for any staff only managements favourites. Work place is completely corrupted & would not class this as a professional work place at all as ive seen it for myself and glad i got out when i did!!!!! Always short staffed. Over worked to the extreme & no incentive given for this people just work because put on the spot as pay rate is basic. PLEASE IF YOUR THINKING ABOUT APPLYING HERE JUST STOP THERE ARE MUCH MUCH BETTER CARE HOMES OUT THERE. THAT ARE RUN PROPERLY AND PROFESSIONALLY!
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Very bad management in all aspects. Poor pay, understaffed everyday. Over worked no appreciation
Carer (Current Employee) –  Atherstone, Warwickshire18 October 2018
I have worked for Runwood Homes as a carer for 6 months. I am new to care and love my job. The work is hard but so very rewarding to see a smile on a residents face after i have done something for them is wonderful. The management is very caring and supportive. I had a good induction and hope to work here a long time.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Pay could be better.
Don't apply in caring !
Carer (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire6 October 2018
I have work as a carer night part-time it was the horrible experience I have ever experienced I would not recommend anyone to work in care home unless is the end of your job line very unorganised no professional training hand to hand in real life the whole care home stinks.
And the worst part of the gut mental patients living there is half the staff and other residents people with mental illness should not be in normal care home I will not recommend anyone to work in Luton care home at runwood home Mulberry Court
Pros
Non
Cons
To much
Awful
Carer (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex7 February 2018
dreadful place to work. Management were repeatedly informed of staff concerns that the slings were fraying, and they did nothing and did not have them serviced (as is required) in order to reduce costs. It was an accident waiting to happen... Oh, I really could go on. The company is interested in money. End of!
Carers and CTM's work extremely hard and deserve every back breaking penny of their extremely poor wage. Understandably, many would rather work somewhere else. Despite this, most make the best of their lot and work above and beyond the demands of a normal job. They do this with kindness and a smile.
Lots of hours
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hadleigh, Essex6 June 2017
Not the best company to work for. The people you look after are lovely. They just don't no how to look after there staff. But was there a very long time
Find somewhere else to work
Carer (Former Employee) –  Hadleigh, Suffolk24 February 2017
The residential care home where I worked was chaos, with people rushing to get jobs done all the time. Too many residents and not enough staff, for this reason carers didn’t always get lunch breaks on long shifts. The manager was unpleasant and either invisible or unavailable. No training on how to deal with aggression from residents with dementia was given. The place was totally disorganised.
There were some lovely residents who gave very positive feedback about my caring skills, which is just as well, as my confidence was at a fairly low ebb by the time I left.
Pros
Nice residents and free lunches
Cons
Stressful enviroment
?
Life Carer (Former Employee) –  Harlow, ENG12 October 2014
Not very well run as not enough experienced staff. Extremely busy role non stop from shift begin time to shift end time which i enjoyed as love to be busy i didn't find the job hard as i love to care for people and make a persons life better as best i can nothing is too much and everything is enjoyable.