Runwood Homes Employee Reviews in Stevenage

3.1Pay & Benefits
3.6Job Security & Advancement
Do not apply at wisden court stevenage
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire29 October 2018
So much happier as no longer work there. Staff are two faced and there is always Chinese whispers this also includes manger and deputy who also like to get involved with the Gossip. Staff do what they want & if your there favourites you get away with it. Management is absolutely shocking & always covering incidents up and lying. Treat staff badly with there bullying manner never get your say always how mangers like it. Management only be nice if they need you to help them out otherwise no appreciation or respect for any staff only managements favourites. Work place is completely corrupted & would not class this as a professional work place at all as ive seen it for myself and glad i got out when i did!!!!! Always short staffed. Over worked to the extreme & no incentive given for this people just work because put on the spot as pay rate is basic. PLEASE IF YOUR THINKING ABOUT APPLYING HERE JUST STOP THERE ARE MUCH MUCH BETTER CARE HOMES OUT THERE. THAT ARE RUN PROPERLY AND PROFESSIONALLY!
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Very bad management in all aspects. Poor pay, understaffed everyday. Over worked no appreciation
good morale
Senior Home manager (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire27 September 2018
I have worked for Runwood Homes for 10 years. The training for care and ancillary staff is invaluable. the team are supportive and residents are well cared for. i would recommend working for Runwood homes.
Pros
good team work
Enjoyable
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire25 September 2018
I have been with the company now for 3 years. There is not a day I don't like coming in to work.
Everyday is different, good team work and a happy place to work.
All the staff are friendly and always like to please.
The residents are happy and content, if not we deal with the situations and always there to help them.
Pros
Nice people to work with and lovely residents!!
Don't apply here! Wisden court - Stevenage home.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire10 January 2017
Working here was horrible, the manager is a nasty patronising stuck up women and her care managers are no better. You're completely left alone to just get on with things after only 2 shadow shifts, I remember at one point having 18 residents and no help because we were under staffed yet the manager refused to employ somebody new.
You don't get appreciated for all the work you do, in the end i dreaded walking into that place. None of this is to mention how they treat the residents.. I thought this was how all care homes were until I started working in my new loving caring home where we all pull together as a team.

I can not speak for all runwood homes but if you are considering applying for WISDEN COURT STEVENAGE please DO NOT.
Pros
The residents are all amazing.
Cons
Management, payrate (7.20), staff, facilities and much more.
Official response from Runwood Homes
19 October 2017

Thank you for your review, this has been noted by the HR department.