Runwood Homes

Runwood Homes Employee Reviews in Harlow

Harlow7 reviews
On the whole a good place to work staff and residents all friendly .all though I feel they could have extra domestics as a lot of work for one person however i enjoyed the challenge of getting finished on time .
Pros
Holidays weekly wage
Cons
Not looked after if off sick just basic government sick pay
The management is disgusting. They try to force you to do over time if they are low on staff and try to make you feel bad when you can’t or don’t want to do the overtime. The management are rude and I called in sick one day and called them the following day to tell them I would be in and they told me that I’m unreliable and and they can’t have me work for them any more. Then they said why don’t you come into work and we might be able to sort this out I told them I get a lift to work and I would be paying for travel to come and see them as it was lunch time they asked me to come in. When I get there they said sorry but we can’t have you here any more your unreliable which they already said on the phone wasted my time coming to see them they are just a joke of a company and don’t care about there staff at all
Malnush patents due to keep lowering the food costs. Hygiene of patients is lacking due to staff shortages machines frequently brake down. Giving rooms to mental health patient which we are not qualifyed to do. Allowing them to roam freely around our elderly patients. This isn't what we signed up for. Highly recommend you don't apply here.
Cons
No brakes due to staff shortage
Got told by the carehome to get signed off by a doctor and have not been paid a penny for being off sick. When asked about it they ignore me. Disgusting.
Pros
Getting to know the residents
Cons
Everything is rubbish!
Runwood homes is one of the most awful places I have worked.
Staff are over worked and underpaid

Never once did staff get thanked

Being ill or having immidite dangerous circumstances are treated as an inconvienevence

Management are terrible show no support to staff

Are more concerned with how they appear to onlookers then actually the care they are providing have seen awful situations happen within this workplace staff shout at eachother completley unprofessional unhappy environment to be in with awful money. Never again would I work for this company

Residents are treated as if they are inconvienevence

The amount of staff members that I look residents requests is unbelievable tarnished my whole outlook on the caring profession
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Not very well run as not enough experienced staff. Extremely busy role non stop from shift begin time to shift end time which i enjoyed as love to be busy i didn't find the job hard as i love to care for people and make a persons life better as best i can nothing is too much and everything is enjoyable.
runwood homes was a caring home but could of done more benefits for staff was extremely hard to get annual leave. i learned many different skills which will benefit me throughout my life. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that the residents were happy and felt safe in my care.
Pros
helping people