Runnymede Borough Council Employee Reviews

good experience
loader (Former Employee) –  Chertsey22 October 2018
There is no opportunity for a career growth,salary is not high enough for the work done.Its was good experience for the language skills.After 7 years of working there’s no opportunity to learn something new
Pros
good time shift
Cons
bad management
Productive and Fun Team
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Addlestone, Surrey24 August 2017
Having recently returned to the council, I thought I would add my thoughts to the reviews.

I have to say I am now currently working in a very friendly environment and a lovely section with a great team of hard working staff who support each other but make each day fun.

With a forward thinking and extremely supportive Management team who are extremely approachable and encourage all staff with training needs, communication and leadership.

We have a flexible and interesting work load each day and also interact with other departments and the general public so each caller has a new set of challenges. We offer all callers a professional and informative personal experience thanks to the excellent on-going training offered.

The only down side are the negative and aggressive callers who we try to assist but who sometimes, just need to vent before we can offer a solution to their problems.
Pros
Flexi time and excellent annual leave allowance
Cons
Extremely busy department
Job details
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Addlestone, Surrey13 August 2017
There was no such thing as a typical day, it would vary from helping an elderly lady pay her rent, to being verbally abused and threatened by a homeless person. I enjoyed this though, as it made for a variety of tasks and situations for you to put in practice a life's experience in the customer service field. I worked with a great team, always willing to help each other, good team building events and the ability to adapt ourselves. The easiest part of the job was meeting and chatting to people, helping the public is the best part of a job for me, and the worst in red tape and an unappreciative management, who preferred to save money to the detriment of service.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Unappreciative management
Friendly working environment
Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Addlestone23 September 2016
RBC is an excellent place to work for people with commitments such as young children. It has a relaxed, though productive working environment with many friendly and happy colleagues.
As it is a small authority you are provided with many opportunities to make your mark and take responsibility.
Pros
flexible
Cons
small