RUGBY FOOTBALL LEAGUE

RUGBY FOOTBALL LEAGUE Employee Reviews

It was an amazing opportunity to have worked there and I learnt a lot. I feel like I developed professionally. I gained the confidence I needed in order to reach my potential in my future opportunities.
My department was a great place to work, the management helped me to grow both personally and professionally. It challenged my existing skill set and helped me to see things in a different light.
Have to play the game to get noticed and promoted. Good place if you like/follow rugby. The assumption is that everyone who works there is a rugby fan and knowledge of the game or a willingness to learn is expected
Pros
Free parking
I don't actually think there is a typical day at the Ruby Football League. One day you could be in the office putting together hospitality packages, marketing them and then selling them and then the next day you could be working in some of the biggest stadiums across the United Kingdom
Pros
A great team
Cons
Very long hours
Like any job there are good days and bad days. I am lucky to have a great manager and colleagues who make my time working here worthwhile. My understanding of Rugby League has grown significantly, I joined the organisation not knowing there was a difference between League and Union, and I will leave the organisation a fan of Rugby League.
A typical day at work was not typical. Everyday was different, inspiring and exciting. It was a real pleasure to work with talented people and leaders.
I have been working as a volunteer within the RFL's event delivery team as Head of volunteering, and it has been an extremely rewarding position in terms of experiences and opportunities it has provided. A typical day would include meeting and inducting new volunteers, delivering pre event briefings and safety talks, assigning volunteer roles as per requirements and requests from event management and supervising the volunteers during the day. I have learned a great deal about match day operations, liaising with stadium staff and security, event timings and prioritising jobs, working with different match day teams (schools, army, performers etc) and working to strict timelines. I cannot say there is anything about the role I have not enjoyed (even dealing with problem volunteers has been eye opening) and have enjoyed every aspect of the role.
Pros
Lots of experience opportunities
Cons
Some events involve long distance travel/ overnight stays.
Life as a Match Official at my level meant you had one training session during the week on Wednesday and then would officiate 3/4 times at a weekend
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No Cons
Working with Tynedale Rugby Team is an amazing job which is only seasonal. A typical day with the team will involve working along side the players and coaches to treat any injuries from games or training sessions and ensure no injuries occur during the current game. This uses my degree knowledge and keeps it fresh in my mind. Each week I learn something new either about the players or about the treatment I have given them. The hardest part of my job is to keep my calm when a serious injury occurs. This does not happen very often, but when it does I need to use all the experience I have to ensure the player is safe and act accordingly to the situation I have. The most enjoyable part of my day with the rugby team is knowing that I have done my job correctly, efficiently and professionally and all the players are fit and well after the match or training session.
Pros
Doing something I enjoy
Cons
Seasonal work
A typical day at RFL was desk restricted. I am a social person and prefer more social jobs so my favorite tasks were telephone calls, meetings and just running round for other people. I learnt a lot about myself and what kind of environment I would like to work in, something more relaxed and sociable such as a bar or restaurant. My co-workers were all friendly and I remain in contact with them but my management was very distant as I was a temporary assistant and I feel I wasn't used to my full potential during my time there.
Pros
Sociable, humorous collagues. Good hours.
Cons
Desk Restricted. Short contract.
I learnt a lot about working as team in a a small office, which involved entering data on to a computer as well as filing and other paper work. I also went along to meetings with my co-worker about setting up a new website. The most enjoyable part of this was knowing at the end of the work experience I was liked by other and got the work done to a good standard.