RSPCA

RSPCA Employee Reviews

United Kingdom632 reviews
Great place to work. Felt supported, praised and encouraged. Lots of opportunities to train and improve skills. Good pension scheme. Great teamwork and great atmosphere.
Pros
Great team of people
Cons
Hard work. Tiring.
Busy little veterinary clinic in Llandudno junction that relies heavily on volunteers and public donations. This is a small frontline practice with non invasive surgery
I am very pleased to have the opportunity to be with friends and a good job and to be out and about, bank and shopping and put out clothes and till work
Managers inexperienced in using accepted processes. Can Create undue pressure on staff. Long busy demanding hours. Finances always a pressure within the organisation .
I enjoyed volunteering at RSPCA. The staff were very helpful and friendly. It was a calm and relaxed atmosphere. I enjoyed helping customers and liked that the proceeds went to a good charity. I excelled in my customer service experience. If the opportunity arose to undertake paid work, i would love the opportunity to do so.
O.k company to work for i was in trading, had problems when i left with pay and pesions though, finance guy had attitude, apart from that, fine, nice work colleaugs
Loved my experience here everyones so fun to work with, a lot of communication is needed everyones friendly the animals are so loving and you just grow a bond with them, its all just amazing.
I learnt how to care for animals properly, you really feel like you are making a difference to the animals every day you work there. The job roles were not challenging and were very enjoyable .
A very rewarding job but very physically and emotionally draining at times. Seeing the animals progress from when they come in to them going home is highly rewarding.
Management are bullies, worked in a charity shop as assistant manager, left on your own to do 3 peoples work, found volunteers to help but was told they couldnt stay. The manager had plenty of volunteers on her days so that she didnt have much to do. Overwhelming amount of work with no support
Cons
Management are bullies
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at RSPCA?
voluntary job therefor no pay but it is incredibly enjoyable and rewarding to help the cats and dogs in need in their care. I enjoyed every moment working with them.
RSPCA Title with reordering work style, each day different dealing with emotional cruelty cases and wanting the best for the animals. The RPSCA is the flagship of animal charity and is an honor to have the RSPCA title.
I absolutely loved my time volunteering walking the dogs at RSPCA. The dogs dont have a forever home yet so I loved spending time with them as it isnt fair that their owners didnt want them for one reason or another
You get along with all of the volunteers who work there with you sometimes I go on the till or do other jobs around the shop. Management is great. The hardest part is dealing with customers who are rude. The most enjoyable part of the job is having good work friends to make the day go quicker.
Good place to work enjoyed my time there
Interesting varied work

Metnew people

Always chalkenging

But rewarding

Good job satisfaction

And learnt lots of new skills
Unpaid but got bus fare refund tea and biscuits chats fun preferred to be paid though has we worked hard meeting people doing the till sorting out donations helping customers
Overall, the experience of working for RSPCA is a rewarding one. You really are on the frontline helping animals and making a real difference of you work in their hospitals. Also the salary is very good, better then most of other charity vets in London.
However their are multiple shifts and often long hours where you easily get worn out and the workload is very heavy at times. You need to be a very driven individual capable of working without supervision to be able to perform effectively.
On a daily basis donations are left outside the shop
allocate tasks to sort donations

tidy the shop floor before we open

involved in window dressing

greet all customers when they enter the shop

always a busy day from start to finish
Cons
not paid
The work is fabulous and very rewarding when you get to see the animals being adopted. Management can have favourite members of staff so you have to make yourself noticed to get anywhere or you just get lost and pushed from pillar to post however they choose to work you till you reach breaking point
Volunteering for RSPCA was an amazing experience. You never have a dull day and all of the people are really nice. Really recommend going there just as a volunteer or for a paid job. It was so fun!
Volunteering with a great team of people and lovely animals.
Great to see animals re-homed in a loving environment. The fundraising was great fun and so worthwhile to see the animals given a second chance.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at RSPCA. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2