RSPCA Employee Reviews

heavy lifting and out and about most of the time
donation collecter volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oldham15 January 2018
I didn't mind working hear and being on the van I enjoyed having a laugh and no one being to strict on you all day and getting to go to RSPCA shelter seeing the dogs. benefits was sometimes good as if I seen anything first that I liked I could grab first.
Pros
not stuck in the shop all day
Cons
hours was quick
Loved this job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Axminster11 January 2018
Was in charge of shop on my days i worked
Interacting with customers, had brilliant volunteers
Checking all stock donated, and replenishing shop
Cashing up at end of day, and security of monies
Locking up
Pros
Was the boss
Fun and productive workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Margate11 January 2018
Everybody is hardworking, yet casual and fun. Caring for the animals is the main objective of the job, but other roles include cleaning out animal enclosures, giving them food and water, socialising with animals, mopping floors, cleaning windows, and other general errands. I learned how to work to a time schedule, and how to treat different animals based on their needs and personality. I also learned how to work in a team with the people around me. The most enjoyable part of the job would have been socialising with animals such as kittens; getting to hold them and getting them used to human interactions.
fun work placement
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire9 January 2018
i worked here for couple months i think things could of been better
i looked after the small animals, helped people pick a pet, give them informalion how to look after the pet they wanted. i played with the animals made sure they had food and water
Hard working
Rspca (Former Employee) –  Patcham, East Sussex9 January 2018
Some very nice people. Everyone cares about the animals. The hardest thing about the job is that you can’t take them all home unfortunately 😂 but I really enjoyed myself
Pros
Get to help the animals
Cons
Long days
great job for those that love animals (and most people)!
Animal Carer (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 January 2018
hard work, cleaning out kennels and cattery, walking dogs, socialising and paperwork
Must be passionate, caring and hard working
Hardest part is having animals returned when an adoption hasn't worked and also euthanasia
Most enjoyable is seeing animals get better with some TLC and also find their forever home.
Fun workplace
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Clayton le Moors, Lancashire3 January 2018
Helped with the cleaning and feeding of the animals, i.e cleaned out the kennels, reasured frightened animals, restocking the food bowls. Enjoyed my voluntary work there but not needed regulary as the kennels was not full.
Pros
friendly staff
Volunteering Dog Walker (Former Employee) –  Poynton, Cheshire2 January 2018
Friendly staff and manager
Very helpful with any problems you may have
Involve and ask questions about situations that you have been in
Lots of experience with different type of dogs
Volunteer
Retail Assistant - Voluntary (Former Employee) –  Hartlepool2 January 2018
I work there with the amazing staff which was surprising, because i thought it was going to be boring everyday. I stayed there for 1 month on a job centre training course but stayed on in my own time because of the freedom i had to interact with customers every day.
Pros
interacting with customers, friends
Educational workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull29 December 2017
Worked mainly with rabbits, was expected to clean enclosures, prepare food and feed the animals, socialise, note any problems. Learned how to monitor animals and detect any problems and how to adapt how I worked with them to keep them calm and happy. Worked mainly independently. Best part of the job was seeing the animals rehomed.
Pros
Hands on animal work
Cons
Voluntary
good
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Home Based21 December 2017
volunteer work was not within the practice. it was through a veterinary nurse and I worked for them from home raising ducklings which had been abandoned.
Very friendly place to work, and for a good cause
Volunteer Charity Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rothbury, Northumberland2 December 2017
This is a charity for animals, which is something I am passionate about. The managers at this store are lovely and very helpful. However, it is now time for me to start earning some money for myself.
Fun work place
Stocking shelves and till operative (Former Employee) –  Southport, Merseyside29 November 2017
RSPCA is an amazing charity working long hours to ensure the protection of one the most vulnerable groups. I love the work everybody does at the shop and at the sanctuary
fun and active
Volunteer Helper (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire25 November 2017
enjoyable, fun and rewarding. the balance between work and home life is great. The hours are great. staff are lovely. no two days are the same. if you love animals this is the place for you
Fun workplace and friendly people
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowestoft17 November 2017
Having done work experience and also worked there afterwards I enjoy working there as I do a variety of things and get on well with the rest of the staff.
Pros
get good cheap clothes and items.
Cons
Not being paid as doing voluntary work.
veterinary practice
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yagoona NSW8 November 2017
I wanted to continue my veterinary study and this was the place to be. To get full licence I needed so much money so had to get something to keep me going.
Assistant
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bolton6 November 2017
I completed my work experience in July 2012 my duties included:
cleaning out the cages and the baskets
creating posters to advertise services
creating a spread sheet to keep records of the stock and the animals on site.

And general customer services.
Good
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 November 2017
Full of caring people doing their best for animals and pets, some of whom have been badly treated by their owners. If I was an abandoned pet, it would be the place for me!
Pros
Lovely people
(voluntary experience)
Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton2 November 2017
This was a job which I volunteered for, I therefore apologize for the unreliable rating above. The experience is great for retail as my role for team assistant covered the majority of tasks that could be possible towards the industry. Staff were friendly and it was an enjoyable experience working alongside them. You can learn a majority of different skills such as organisation, presentation towards the shop's display, customer care/service and many more.
Pros
a great boost of improvement
Cons
voluntary
Challenging
Hospital Assistant (Former Employee) –  London22 October 2017
Very interesting and challenging work place, you need to have a thick skin to work in this environment due to the cruelty encountered and the customers that frequent the practice. Excellent learning experience and if you have a passion for animals this is an amazing company to work for.
Pros
Frequent breaks, ample learning oppertunities
Cons
antisocial hours