RSPCA Employee Reviews

Great way to meet new people
Voluntary Worker (Current Employee) –  Thatcham, Berkshire13 June 2018
I enjoy volunteering here
I've met loads of new people and get to chat to each of them when they come in
The staff are all really nice
It's a really enjoyable experience
"Put up or shut up"
Animal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire11 June 2018
Initially was great fun and colleagues lovely. Management let it down. Rules contradicted each other and they were very picky with what employees could or couldn't do (depending on how staffed they were that day).
Never received formal training and when queried this I was told if I didn't like it, then to leave!
After leaving I discovered that they had been slandering me on my personal files, falsely accusing me of things that never happened and/or discussed with me.
Very sly branch. Would stay clear!
I earned some money
Driver/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff8 June 2018
Only worked 2 days a week. It paid a few bills. My immediate Manager was great and other staff likewise...............................................
A great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury2 June 2018
Helping to take care of cats at my local RSPCA centre is both rewarding and enjoyable. I've learned about health and safety, how best to meet the needs of the animals at the centre, and I've also found the staff to be very helpful and welcoming.
excellent work experience
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax29 May 2018
this was my favourite work experience by far .i learnt not only till experience i learnt people skills,floor work experience and it also learnt me how to work around my dyslexia and colour blind problems ,i learnt how to deal with a problem under pressure and i learnt a lot about myself .i am honourably grateful to that staff for my time working with them and i hope they help more people in the future
fun workplace
Retail Assistant (voluntary) (Former Employee) –  Halifax28 May 2018
brilliant to work for the management was exellent if their was a problem it was dealt with immediatly. i got on with everyone in the rspca and it made my working life more enjoyable
Pros
it was enjoyable
Cons
non
Lovely to learn key skills
Store Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shirley18 May 2018
The RSPCA was a great place to work at it helped me see how the charity raises money and all the good it does for animals. And they taught me lots of key skills for retail.
Pros
Great managers
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester17 May 2018
volunteering for the RSPCA was a great experience, i loved visiting the animal up for adoption there. they also had events you could volunteer at which were also a great experiance
I have never worked anywhere that is so badly run
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clitheroe, Lancashire17 May 2018
I have never worked anywhere that is so badly run. It's all about the paid staff and not about the animals! They have no respect for the staff who go above and beyond for the charity but seem to be more interested in playing power games and ignoring any suggestions about improvements etc.
Rspca
cleaning assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham12 May 2018
Cleaning out cat pens and stuff and cleaning the room they was in and going in and stroking the cats and brushing them changing there litter trays over and that

Want to know more about RSPCA?

Ask a question
hardworking place
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham11 May 2018
unpacking donations that people have brought in, stacking the shelf's and making sure all of the shop floor is cleaned.
also putting tags on items so they can be took to shop floor.
Pros
good work experience
Cons
no pay
Horrible place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester5 May 2018
Since i was volunteering with the RSPCA and not working there (thank god). The amount of time that i was there opened my eyes to what actually goes on behind them closed doors. Yes there is good things going on in there, operatons to fix broken bones/castractions etc. But the amount of animals that wre put down and treated i lost count. I did not enjoy working there the only thing i enjoyed was seeing and handling the animals.
Pros
Experince
Cons
Bad Staff
productive and fun
Retail Volunteer (Former Employee) –  barewood26 April 2018
I really enjoyed volunteering for the RSPCA as I'm a big animal lover and have a big passion for them. This also gave me a basic knowledge of charity shops and how they run.
Friendly and Efficient
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby25 April 2018
The Abbey Street RSCPA has a high standard in customer service and animal welfare. All animals are thoroughly cleaned out and fed twice a day in accordance to their specific needs. The ground are tidy and well-kept, and the staff are very friendly and helpful to one another and customers alike.
Chill work
volunteer staff (Current Employee) –  Newport Pagnell25 April 2018
becuase it's voluneered, the system is pretty relax. You come in when you can/want for as long as you can/want. You'' get a lot of skill in stock rotation and mangement, and skills with a till. Going through donations isn't always plesent, but you get used to it.
Fun
Problem Solver (Former Employee) –  Wallasey25 April 2018
A hard working environment. The end of the day is fun, as you are allowed to socialise with the animals.
Was a volunteer/work based learning, working here is much hared than it would appear.
Pros
animals
Cons
hard work
good workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry11 April 2018
very good job. work life balance good. rewarding due to nature of the work. always kept busy. develop skills necessary to succeed in any workplace not just this one.
Interesting place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancashire11 April 2018
I learnt alot about working with people and cash handling, they treat there staff fairly and there are chances to progress to do something else. I would contemplate doing it again.
voluteer
Sales Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  rothwell leeds4 April 2018
enjoy it and learning new skills and meeting new people. and all he staff and other volnteers are nice and helpful all help each other out. manager really friendly.
quiet workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Woking26 March 2018
I only worked here for volunteering for my duke of edinburgh award so it's not much of a review but the shop was mostly quiet, not much to do but again, i only volunteered