RSPCA Employee Reviews

Would not recommend to work here
Clerical Officer (Apprentice) (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire21 August 2018
I was with RSPCA as an admin assistant, I only lasted there a month, I couldn't build relationships with staff, the manager wasn't that great. eventually I had to quit because I was treat so poorly in the workplace.
Pros
Cons
couldnt build relationships, the manager was awful.
Great atmosphere for animal lovers
Shop Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Aldershot19 August 2018
If you love animals this is the right place. Customers sometimes bring there dogs in to say hi and we just talk non stop about our pets and tell each other rover did this today and rover made me laugh because.... The managers let you work at your own pace and what your happiest with doing
Pros
Lots of animal chat
Cons
Rspca in general has got worse and has now gas bad rep
fun workplace
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warminster, Wiltshire16 August 2018
they are really nice and kind to people and i get on with them so will and they are fun top work with but some people i dont like in there as they tell you what to do when they are not the manger.
Pros
free lunches
Productive and challenging
retail assistant in Northern Quarter (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 August 2018
I had really good time working for RSPCA.
My co-workers and volunteers were nice and polite and I've learnt a lot about how the shop works and how to work as part of a team.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Rude clients
A friendly working environment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire12 August 2018
Even though I had to do work in the Kettering RSPCA charity shop due to college I enjoyed my time there thoroughly as it was always pleasent and the staff were very nice and easy to get along/work with. This was unpaid work experience.
Pros
Staff discount
A friendly place to work.
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  Rochdale2 August 2018
I work in a good working environment, Managers are appreciative, I enjoy the work i do, as it gives me new skills, & work experience. but i get no salary. as it is voluntary work, Hence i am looking for new position. in sales or retail.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No salary
this place was a dream
Helped staff (Former Employee) –  Hillingdon1 August 2018
lovely staff lovely vistors lovely animals lovely area had fun playing with dogs and letting them go was sad you get quite attached to the staff and animals
Pros
eerything
Cons
nothing
Productive and enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chard, Somerset26 July 2018
I love working in the rspca shop it’s a wonderful way of giving back and we get to meet some amazing people each day.
All the staff are great to work with and I know I can trust each of them.
Pros
Giving something back to a good cause
A Great charity
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Totnes16 July 2018
excellent place to work, very rewarding experience,great work life balance, i have learnt valuble life skills and would recremend this jobs for young adults with no work experience
Volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire10 July 2018
Volunteering at the RSPCA involved heading to the site every Friday for 4 hours to feed, clean and play with the the animals that they had. In addition to this I would occasionally have to monitor specific animals health.
volunteer
Animal Care Assistant (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Surrey6 July 2018
I worked as a volunteer in the RSPCA in Chobham. It was nice to be able to work along with the animals, as they needed the company of people. You had the chance to work here as you already knew the job.
Pros
love of animals.
Cons
staff a bit offish
fun and productive
Retail Assistant (voluntary) (Former Employee) –  Halifax4 July 2018
met new people at this place my days working their were fun and enjoyable, everyday was different i learned alot working here and met alot of interesting but fun people
Pros
breaks wen we needed
Hard work but satisfying
Animal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester2 July 2018
Very worthwhile job with great rewards, staff were great and friendly sometimes it’s hard to see animals in distress but u have to be strong and never judge anyone xx
Pros
Caring for animals
Cons
Sometimes can be sad
Not what I expected
Hospital Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 July 2018
A typical day would depend on how many staff turn up for work and of those that do how many want to do any work. Although there was a lot to learn in the early days, advancement is affected by only a few being able to study Veterinary Nursing. The selection for Veterinary Nurse training is unfair and doesn't take account of those that work hard to achieve it, it is first come first served. Management is a joke and needs serious review. There is no respect for management and the lack of respect seems to part of the working culture. The hardest part of the job is accepting how cut throat the decision making is in regards to those animals given a chance and those not. This decision is usually made by a select few and therefore carries their views and beliefs.
Pros
Being able to make some difference to animals lives
Cons
The difference you can make has many limitations
Fun and exciting
Cat Socialier (Former Employee) –  Witham, Essex29 June 2018
A great place to work with very friendly staff. Ideal for gaining confidence, and a calm enviroment to work in. Would recommend for any animal lovers.
Pros
Lots of cuddles
Cons
Remote location
productive and satisfying
volenteer (Former Employee) –  Accrington26 June 2018
we cared for and maintained all animal throughout the charity. we worked close with management as they were very hands on with the running of the charity.
Pros
working with animals
voluntary work
Voluntary Kennel Assistant (Former Employee) –  York25 June 2018
i enjoyed working here as i have a massive love for dogs, i used to cleans the dogs kennels and feed them three times a day . i would take them for walks twice a day too.
Pros
getting to interact with the animals
Cons
cleaning up after the dogs
Productive, fun
Animal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bawtry, South Yorkshire22 June 2018
A really good place to work, very enjoyable job would love to do work experience there even have a full time job. It’s a job you’ve got to love can never get bored of it.
Pros
Care for the animals
Cons
Seeing animals in bad condition
Great way to meet new people
Voluntary Worker (Current Employee) –  Thatcham, Berkshire13 June 2018
I enjoy volunteering here
I've met loads of new people and get to chat to each of them when they come in
The staff are all really nice
It's a really enjoyable experience
"Put up or shut up"
Animal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire11 June 2018
Initially was great fun and colleagues lovely. Management let it down. Rules contradicted each other and they were very picky with what employees could or couldn't do (depending on how staffed they were that day).
Never received formal training and when queried this I was told if I didn't like it, then to leave!
After leaving I discovered that they had been slandering me on my personal files, falsely accusing me of things that never happened and/or discussed with me.
Very sly branch. Would stay clear!