RSM Employee Reviews

Varied work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farringdon, Greater London8 October 2019
I work for 3 different departments but mainly within the management team.

My typical day at work is mainly diary management, arranging meetings, lunches, dinners, team events. I am involved in formatting letters/reports and finalising to a high standard. I am also the gatekeeper for all calls which enables me to liaise with clients and other staff within the firm.

Working for 3 different departments can be very challenging at times but is also rewarding when you are able to prioritise and everything runs to plan.

I am a very organised person and give 100% to my job and am not afraid to go the extra mile when required.
Pros
4 day week / Share incentive plan
Cons
I have more to give but unfortunately there are no opportunities
Month placement
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 August 2019
I did a months placement filing and the workers were very friendly and the social events made me settle in very quickly for the short time that I was there.
Pros
coffee machine
day at work
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chandlers Ford, Hampshire23 June 2019
the day is long due to commuting and the job is fast pace. Pressure of deadlines and client meetings. Working closely with two departments to met deadline. Intense working enviroment
Pros
free parking
Cons
Long day
Fun work place with plenty of opportunities to move up
Intern (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 May 2019
There is a lot of team interaction and depending on the department you don't have to stay in the office all day. Everyone is friendly with yearly activities to keep the company cohesive.
Poor Mental Health Awareness and Expect Work done at home not paid
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire7 May 2019
Budgets too small, pressure constant, work in evenings constant and on own time not paid. Mental health awareness even for 'mental health champions' extremely poor and discriminatory as told not able to make reasonable adjustments as the work doesn't allow for that and would be seen as favouritism. Pushed me to my extreme and are the source of my current depression and anxiety even though they are meant to be focusing on this area.
Pros
Cons
Long unpaid hours, no mental health awareness, no understanding, all about profit for the company
great place to work
Baker Tilly (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire24 April 2019
worked n a variety of roles from office cashier to business recovery administrator.

Very busy environment and could be quite stressful at times but this was the nature of the job. Great place to work with great staff
Productive workplace
Senior Insolvency Administrator (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire15 February 2019
I have learnt to manage a large portfolio of clients.
I have worked with a range of business from solicitors, agents, banks to local government from which I have gained a vast experience of dealing with individuals and building very good relationships.
There can be high levels of stress.
The team are very helpful and all work well together.
Pros
A nice modern office, flexible hours, friendly staff, free car park
Cons
Pay
Unpredictable
Manager Risk Advisory (Former Employee) –  London16 January 2019
Unpredictable employer. Not very good experience. One day notice was asked to leave. Mysterious surroundings. Was asked to join them again. Had very good experience in working in practices before.
Pros
Opportunity to work on different projects
Cons
Unpredictable
fun workplace
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent10 January 2019
it is a very fun place to work provided that you dont mind getting up at 6.00 am and dont mind working till 5.00pm long hours and youll hardly see the boss of the burton area
Pros
free tea
Treat staff like animals
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Surrey8 December 2018
Would avoid like the plague, they treat staff poorly, when you don't fit their very specific mould they push you out, and make you feel awful. Given me permanent mental health illness working here.
Blame Culture
Associate Director Debt Recovery (Former Employee) –  Birmingham5 November 2018
Senior Partners will blame more junior members of staff and offer minimal support - not nice people to work for if something goes wrong. The employees are excellent and these people and the offices offer a very pleasant working environment. Some great clients.
Pros
Working offices and environment and pleasant staff and junior management
Cons
Poor senior management, not supportive, blame culture
Really refreshing environment so much opportunity to progress
Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 September 2018
This was my first move into a professional services environment and I've really enjoyed working at RSM. I've found it a really refreshing and collaborative environment Any of the partners/senior management that I've worked with have been helpful and approachable.

Within 6 months, I've already been promoted and have been really impressed with the learning and development resources/training opportunities. Excellent life/work balance too!
Pros
Training and development opportunities
Might be the wrong RSM
VP Technical design (Former Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire31 August 2018
There are a few RSMs out there. This refers to the Irish one. It appears to wound down in the last few day. no longer work here. An excellent team, and good management now let go.
Good place to work with restrictive systems
Risk Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  London18 July 2018
Whilst this what a fun and interesting role the audit systems that were in place were more of a hinderance than a help to myself and my team. I enjoyed meeting a diverse range of clients and forging close relationships with them.

The staff were always friendly and went over and above with regards to traveling for several hours top reach our clients and maintained a very professional approach at all times.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
Systems
Awful management from the top down, totally unappreciative of their staff
Payroll Executive (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, Essex17 July 2018
One of the worst places I’ve worked. The IT infrastructure is appalling, managers would literally ignore staff on their team for weeks on end (not even a hello in the morning), upper management would discuss members of staff, apraisals and pay increases (or lack there of) in ear shot of lower staff, supervisors did not supervise and direct managers would make it known to the entire work force when they were in a bad mood and make it a thoroughly unpleasant place to work. Certain departments were definitely seen as the poor relation. Could not wait to get out of there.
Pros
Very few
Cons
Unapproachable managers, no pay rise for 3 years, low wages and unappreciative.
not really a good place
Accounts Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne11 June 2018
not very supportive through life and work. Working long hours with little support, doing ridiculous amounts of work. No time for anyone struggling it seems.
Work experience placement - useful and fun
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh8 June 2018
I was doing a work experience placement at RSM. The placement was well structured, spreading my working time between different departments. The employees were very nice and helpful.
Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire2 May 2018
A close and caring office space with welcoming staff. The managers are respectful and considerate. The salaries are generous and the work is fair but occasionally demanding
Waste of time.
Pay & Bill Executive (Former Employee) –  Grangemouth26 April 2018
Unless your face fits you won’t make it anywhere in this company, no matter how hard you work. Management are a disaster, never taking responsibility for issues. Not pleasant to work for and made to feel not worth their time. Awful.
Great people to work with - not too corporate
marketing (Former Employee) –  London12 April 2018
Enjoyed the job, but very high turn around of staff in marketing department. Great colleagues in the team but one would leave every week - down to bad management from the top, no internal promotions, very hierarchical and little change of progression if you go in at the bottom.
Pros
people
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RSM. Our community is ready to answer.