Rsm Employee Reviews

Fantastic environment to work in with training opportunities to increase your skills. Great development opportunities. Wide ranging work which is both challenging and enjoyable. RSM genuinely cares about its employees and their professional development.
At first the job was great but as management changed, admin staff were treated so badly that I’ve seen them in tears and many have left because of it. Admin typically burn out in a year due to heavy workloads & bad admin & upper management. As staff leave they’re not replaced, we’re all doing 2+ peoples jobs & no overtime’s allowed for admin staff to complete workloads anymore. If your not liked & don’t fit in they force you out.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Cons
Awful Management
It may be a good fit for others, but personally I found the firm incredibly unfair, two-faced management, lack of care for support or junior roles and overall an awful place to work. However, the team that I worked with were incredibly supportive of one another and made the time I spent there bearable enough to stay for as long as I did.
RSM is a great company to work for. Fantastic office environment, wonderful people and professional atmosphere but also very supportive and inclusive culture. The company encourages professional growth towards management and leadership and also offers an alternative technical career path for those who do not wish to pursue a senior managerial position.
Supportive managers are dependent on pure luck, and progress is dependent on many factors which makes promotions very challenging. The consulting department are under resourced which makes work quite stressful
Fabulous place to work. Nice people. Only bad thing is parking tickets from MK. Sometimes no paring available. Really wonderful management. They listen and treat staff fair. Opportunity are really good. The work is hard and sometimes pressured, but do-able .
I did a months placement filing and the workers were very friendly and the social events made me settle in very quickly for the short time that I was there.
Pros
coffee machine
the day is long due to commuting and the job is fast pace. Pressure of deadlines and client meetings. Working closely with two departments to met deadline. Intense working enviroment
Pros
free parking
Cons
Long day
There is a lot of team interaction and depending on the department you don't have to stay in the office all day. Everyone is friendly with yearly activities to keep the company cohesive.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rsm?
Budgets too small, pressure constant, work in evenings constant and on own time not paid. Mental health awareness even for 'mental health champions' extremely poor and discriminatory as told not able to make reasonable adjustments as the work doesn't allow for that and would be seen as favouritism. Pushed me to my extreme and are the source of my current depression and anxiety even though they are meant to be focusing on this area.
Pros
Cons
Long unpaid hours, no mental health awareness, no understanding, all about profit for the company
I have learnt to manage a large portfolio of clients. I have worked with a range of business from solicitors, agents, banks to local government from which I have gained a vast experience of dealing with individuals and building very good relationships. There can be high levels of stress. The team are very helpful and all work well together.
Pros
A nice modern office, flexible hours, friendly staff, free car park
Cons
Pay
Unpredictable employer. Not very good experience. One day notice was asked to leave. Mysterious surroundings. Was asked to join them again. Had very good experience in working in practices before.
Pros
Opportunity to work on different projects
Cons
Unpredictable
Would avoid like the plague, they treat staff poorly, when you don't fit their very specific mould they push you out, and make you feel awful. Given me permanent mental health illness working here.
Senior Partners will blame more junior members of staff and offer minimal support - not nice people to work for if something goes wrong. The employees are excellent and these people and the offices offer a very pleasant working environment. Some great clients.
Pros
Working offices and environment and pleasant staff and junior management
Cons
Poor senior management, not supportive, blame culture
Whilst this what a fun and interesting role the audit systems that were in place were more of a hinderance than a help to myself and my team. I enjoyed meeting a diverse range of clients and forging close relationships with them. The staff were always friendly and went over and above with regards to traveling for several hours top reach our clients and maintained a very professional approach at all times.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
Systems
One of the worst places I’ve worked. The IT infrastructure is appalling, managers would literally ignore staff on their team for weeks on end (not even a hello in the morning), upper management would discuss members of staff, apraisals and pay increases (or lack there of) in ear shot of lower staff, supervisors did not supervise and direct managers would make it known to the entire work force when they were in a bad mood and make it a thoroughly unpleasant place to work. Certain departments were definitely seen as the poor relation. Could not wait to get out of there.
Pros
Very few
Cons
Unapproachable managers, no pay rise for 3 years, low wages and unappreciative.
not very supportive through life and work. Working long hours with little support, doing ridiculous amounts of work. No time for anyone struggling it seems.
A close and caring office space with welcoming staff. The managers are respectful and considerate. The salaries are generous and the work is fair but occasionally demanding
Unless your face fits you won’t make it anywhere in this company, no matter how hard you work. Management are a disaster, never taking responsibility for issues. Not pleasant to work for and made to feel not worth their time. Awful.
I was only there for a week, but in that week I got a good feeling that the company cared abouts its employees, and were committed to helping them grow and develop in whatever role they were in.
An opportunity lost. Great staff led by weak management. Focused on timesheet management rather than the commercial world. Should make more of the international network.
  1. Employee reviews