RSK Group Employee Reviews

Arrogant and new-rich senior management
Geophysicist (Former Employee) –  Cheshire17 February 2019
Pay including benefit is terrible. Nepotism is not unheard of (in this day and age). In the geoscience, especially contaminated land, department the more you show in a gimmicky and schmoozy way you're abiding to ridiculous H&S red tapes the more respect you gain regardless of how genuinely you care about H&S, technical quality and commercial viability of a project.

Arrogant senior management who think they can acquire the whole planet on the back of some political links which they have in small rural parts of Cheshire
Pros
Pockets of team camaraderie
Cons
Arrogant senior management
Not recommended
Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 January 2019
A really bad place for people with abilities and will to work. Nepotism, rudeness, non equal opportunities. The more knowledge and the broader aducational background you have, the less chance you have to succeed there. Avoid it!!
Pros
Zero
Cons
Nepotism, rudness, arrogancy
Terrible place to work
Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Hyde, Greater Manchester2 June 2018
Bosses are useless, they have no idea how to run a business. Treat staff like cr*p, terrible pay for what you are expected to do . Avoid at all costs.
Great Company to work for
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire23 May 2018
I worked in the geophysics topographical department for three years and found them to be a great team to work for and with.
there are not many companies that have the security of a big company but have a small company feel. I found them very accommodating to my personal life/requirements and felt a part of a good team of people.
my only reason for leaving was to travel and I would recommend this company to anyone who asked.
Pros
friendly team, good training possibilities, good career progression
Cons
long hours, pay
Avoid at all costs
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hyde, Cheshire20 September 2017
If you can feel the knife in your back, then it is probably in there.

If your face doesn't fit with management then they will find a way to get rid of you.

Ridiculous rate of pay for a job where you are pushed to your limits. Well not everyone is, just the ones who faces don't fit.

There are so many suck ups.

Avoid working here.....................................
Pros
Cons
Poor pay; long hours; no recognition and s**t management
Strange place to work
Laboratory technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol9 June 2017
When I started working for them they put me in the compaction room with this guy which never spoke to me all day(from day one) he made me feel small and stupid he spoke to me only when he needed me to do something for him he spoke to everyone else he showed me what to do once (I haven't done that type of job before) I was their 3 months then I was told that it wasn't working and they had to let me go a very clicky place to work they let u know if u fit in or not I guess in my case I didn't (avoid working their)
Productive, challenging
Geo-Environmental Consultant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands13 March 2017
RSK is a great place to grow and work. Projects are challenging and interesting. Support is always available when required. Staff are open and easily approached. When there is too much on the plate, work will be shared out.
Not a great place to work.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Hyde, Greater Manchester15 December 2016
Not a nice place to be employed at, managers always having a go even though you have not done anything wrong.

Very high turnover of staff says it all, expected to jump through hoops.
Pros
None.
Cons
Poor pay for what your expectected to do workwise.
Too big to be friendly, full of office politics
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, ENG27 September 2014
Well once this company took over the company I worked for we no longer had lovely friendly teams. I was working for the owner's niece, who thought she was above everyone, and she made it too difficult for me to come back to work after maternity leave, by stopping me doing the flexible working I had been doing previously.
Excellent place to work with great people
Associate Site Investigator/Engineering Geologist (Former Employee) –  Bristol1 September 2014
Learned about the application of engineering as well as the business of environmental contracting. Days varied as I worked in different departments from IT to drilling.
Pros
great working environment