RSK Group

RSK Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews
Pros: Not necessary to wear corporate attire to work, if you don’t want to.

Cons: Hemel Hempstead wage has no London weighting, and is considered the same as living in the cheaper to rent, northern based office locations. Only 23 days annual leave excluding public holidays (competitors get at least 25). Enquiring about flexible working is pretty frowned upon, and you get questioned why you want it. Career progression has to be when they see fit, even if you’ve been working at the level above for years, as. Frustrating barrier to progression.
Great place top work and to develop your skills, Top management are very health and safety conscience which is great to see.
If you want to develop your career progression join this company. Great friendly people and lots of charity and out of work socialising
Highly recomend that you don not work here, no support from management, they call you nasty names behind your back, give you work loads that is out of your comfort zone with no training or any support. I could write alot more but there not enough space.
As with a lot of companies, the majority of the staff that work at RSK are great people. Unfortunately, the management lets them down. Their reputation for not paying contractors on time is a continual joke in the industry that puts unfair pressure on their suppliers and is an embarrassment as an employee. They show little regard to their staff, with poor pay, lack of training and unpaid overtime expected as a standard. A boys club that rewards the upper tiers and neglects the really good staff they have. A real shame about the companies they are buying up and ruining with their poor management.
Very dynamic company, currently growing at a fairly rapid rate. Day-to-day the work is varied and enjoyable. The projects I work on are interesting and the people are great.

The best part about working here is new opportunities. With so many services across the business there are endless opportunities to develop new skills, work with new people and learn about different sectors.

The salary and benefits are below average for a business this size but flexible working and the option to purchase additional annual leave are good perks.

Management is very approachable and seem to value the opinions of staff.
Pros
approachable management, relaxed culture, opportunities to learn new skills
benefits
Worked here for just under a year. you have to really push if you want to try anything new, you are just a factory worker there and they want you to do as much as possible for a terrible wage. Can be very unfriendly at times and can not always be a fun place to work at. Its very much keep it in the family vibe and if your not part of that then it can be a bit of an unhappy place to work.
Not much talk of advancing skills and professional development barr the minimum needed for you to pump out as many tests as possible.
Pay including benefit is terrible. Nepotism is not unheard of (in this day and age). In the geoscience, especially contaminated land, department the more you show in a gimmicky and schmoozy way you're abiding to ridiculous H&S red tapes the more respect you gain regardless of how genuinely you care about H&S, technical quality and commercial viability of a project.

Arrogant senior management who think they can acquire the whole planet on the back of some political links which they have in small rural parts of Cheshire
Pros
Pockets of team camaraderie
Cons
Arrogant senior management
A really bad place for people with abilities and will to work. Nepotism, rudeness, non equal opportunities. The more knowledge and the broader aducational background you have, the less chance you have to succeed there. Avoid it!!
Pros
Zero
Cons
Nepotism, rudness, arrogancy
Bosses are useless, they have no idea how to run a business. Treat staff like cr*p, terrible pay for what you are expected to do . Avoid at all costs.
I worked in the geophysics topographical department for three years and found them to be a great team to work for and with.
there are not many companies that have the security of a big company but have a small company feel. I found them very accommodating to my personal life/requirements and felt a part of a good team of people.

my only reason for leaving was to travel and I would recommend this company to anyone who asked.
Pros
friendly team, good training possibilities, good career progression
Cons
long hours, pay
If you can feel the knife in your back, then it is probably in there.

If your face doesn't fit with management then they will find a way to get rid of you.

Ridiculous rate of pay for a job where you are pushed to your limits. Well not everyone is, just the ones who faces don't fit.

There are so many suck ups.

Avoid working here.....................................
Pros
Cons
Poor pay; long hours; no recognition and s**t management
When I started working for them they put me in the compaction room with this guy which never spoke to me all day(from day one) he made me feel small and stupid he spoke to me only when he needed me to do something for him he spoke to everyone else he showed me what to do once (I haven't done that type of job before) I was their 3 months then I was told that it wasn't working and they had to let me go a very clicky place to work they let u know if u fit in or not I guess in my case I didn't (avoid working their)
RSK is a great place to grow and work. Projects are challenging and interesting. Support is always available when required. Staff are open and easily approached. When there is too much on the plate, work will be shared out.
Not a nice place to be employed at, managers always having a go even though you have not done anything wrong.

Very high turnover of staff says it all, expected to jump through hoops.
Pros
None.
Cons
Poor pay for what your expectected to do workwise.
Well once this company took over the company I worked for we no longer had lovely friendly teams. I was working for the owner's niece, who thought she was above everyone, and she made it too difficult for me to come back to work after maternity leave, by stopping me doing the flexible working I had been doing previously.
Learned about the application of engineering as well as the business of environmental contracting. Days varied as I worked in different departments from IT to drilling.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at RSK Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.2