RS Components

RS Components Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Featured review
RS Components selected this as a representative review
Having contracted for close on two years for RS I can honestly say it was the most pleasant working environment I have experienced. The staff are all great team players, management good and they believe in their company and forward progression.
repetitive, mundane. do not progress members of staff, workload not evenly spread out amongst colleagues. extremely mentally straining to keep motivation.
The warehouse culture is running behind in today's standards . The communication and understand between team managers and staff is reservedly lacking . The shop floor is under going radical changes unfortunately the long serving members of staff, are not on board. There is a vast culture of home grown managers who do not understand the business side of the production and moving forward to embrace change to improve productivity. Very stressful for staff to follow and adhere to. Great place to make friends, where your able to have the uplifting support from each other to carry on working.
But i dint think there job security anymore no management will give direct answers destinations 2025 is the end rs corby i will be looking for another job
A good solid job but with limited opportunity for progression. Friendly environment and easy to settle with very welcoming and helpful staff. Pressures of working to performance but easy to handle if capable enough.
Job is expected, working in a Warehouse in Nuneaton. Never going to be your dream, but pays the bills for sure. There are targets to hit, but they are achievable. Semi-Relaxed atmosphere. Turn up. Work Hard. Go Home.
I was a packer and a picker. RS gives me a lots of good and best friends. I learn good relationship, respect and many more. I was enjoying with my team everyday while working.
Pros
good team
Cons
I was with an agency
Good job security, ideally located, easily accessible, disabled access, secure site, great parking facilities, recommend to people with a good work ethic
Pros
job security
Cons
lots of stairs
I worked at Rs only for 2 months and had to leave for personal reasons. I have no reasons to say anything negative about the company. Good people and good environment.
Good company to work for, good staff around you who are always there to help. You will learn a lot of team working skills and the management will always help you progress your career.
Pros
bonus
Cons
hours
rs components was a great place to work and the people and management were really nice i enjoyed working there and hopefully one day i will go back to work for them
staff in area I worked was great, came together to help each other when needed in or out of work... had laugh could progress to a point.. pension good, pay good, targets could be bit hard to reach
Pros
good breaks and on time, management approchable, pension good, pay good, overtime pay great
Cons
changes process alot, targets not always reachable
Good place to work strict working practice flexible hours good breaks working conditions management workplace culture the hardest part of the job the most
Pros
15 min break for 4 hour shift
Cons
I worked at this place for 13 months on the nightshift.The team were reliable and we were a good team or working indiviudally. This was a good job.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Different work patterns
i was only there for a week as part of works experience so i cant really comment on a typical days work however when i was there i was pick and packing orders i was putting stock away and replenishing catalogues from out in the shop
All theory & no action. Made a lot of close friends over the years. Clearly knowing what is expected of me when at work. Job security is high.
Pros
security
Cons
Work/life balance poor
A typical day at, RS Components was picking and packing. Picking out of sections that was shown on the invoice and returning it into the box on the conveyor belts. Packing into the correct size box, and making sure the correct labelling was attached particularly if the product stated 'flammable or fragile' etc. Some Co-workers, was nice and i got along with but some were arrogant. Hardest part of the job, was picking but if you had no work coming through it ended up being a long day. I wouldn't say there was a enjoyable part of the job.
Fast paced, great place to establish team work skills. Can be hard work with lots of packing
Whilst working with this company I found they were very good and helpful in all aspects of my job role, a typical day at work would keep me busy and occupied. Whilst I this position I learnt how to load and unload the track to the picking note requirements. The hardest part of my job was ensuring the components where going on to the track with the correct labelling. I can find an exact part of my job that was most enjoyable as I enjoyed all aspects of my role.
a large company with many friendly faces and a nice atmosphere. i learned a number of jobs whilst at rs such as picking, packing, conditioning and the use of hand held scanners. management were always approachable and willing to communicate. i have made many friends at rs and got along with all my co-workers. my job involved a lot of lifting and day in day out would take its toll towards the end of a busy week. i enjoyed seeing my friends at work and the social aspect of the company always got you through any hard shift.
I went into work with a smile on my face, i enjoyed every moment of working with RS. Colleagues were always friendly, breaks weren't too long and the job was fairly easy. All you needed was basic mathematical skills and attention to detail. As long as you followed the rules and guidlines it was a breeze.
Pros
Suitable Hours around College
Cons
N/a