RS Components

RS Components Employee Reviews for Packer

Packer14 reviews
United Kingdom14 reviews
Featured review
RS Components selected this as a representative review
Having contracted for close on two years for RS I can honestly say it was the most pleasant working environment I have experienced. The staff are all great team players, management good and they believe in their company and forward progression.
Great place to work, very welcoming team and easy work. Great company to grow with in and work towards the top. Very well run business and it shows with in the work space
This company makes many claims of support but doesn't care about the welfare of it's employees. They have several gimics to make working conditions more acceptable, whilst failing to offer minimum levels of support.
Very good place to work very relaxed excellent pay for the hours worked only worked 20 hours per week part time was nearly £200 and that was over 15 years ago
Pros
Pay, hours
Cons
A typical day at work was collecting your target sheet, picking the product and packing it correctly, you were trained how to bpack properly to rs standards. There was often a lot of work so you never had a moment to not be busy, which is what I enjoyed. The most enjoyable part was scanning products and making sure they're on the system.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Hard going
great place to work, the people are lovely and very welcoming towards new people. Good money and easy money for people who need money, overtime was good.
i found working at RS very enjoyable and welcoming, the hours are very flexible and the money able to be earned is exceptional, i wish to return to RS in the future.
A typical day is rather slow paced with a standard amount of work to keep you occupied. I learned how to pick and pack with many different materials and equipment. Management is borderline average. There are no particular hard jobs in the workplace and the most enjoyable part is being able to socialise to a certain degree during work.
Pros
Flexible work choices
Cons
Minimal breaks
I had a good work relationship with the workers and managers,
The work was good, i worked along time in this company

The company could give hours you needed, alot of overtime,

Office was a nice place to work in too. They trained me well

So i could do the job, which i loved.
Pros
Good for hours
Cons
Hard work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at RS Components?
the hard part is making sure you pick the right amount of products to be packed and making sure you have packed it to the best of you ability people are always there if you need help and people are really nice and easy to get on with
Hated every minute of being there the boss's treat you like your a nobody, they never listened, but always quick to judge. They give out unfair dissapline and not the right warnings.
The managers/boss's would treat you indecently they wouldn't take on what you would say to them.
left to work to your own accord as long as targets are met. learned to work to time constraints. management are fine and helpful if you require anything. co-workers were helpful and friendly. job can be slightly repetitive from time to time. best part of the job was the staff were helpful and a good bunch of people to work alongside.
Pros
good workplace with benefits
Cons
job being repetitive
A typical day at work at RS Components is getting to work and then having a brief for a few minutes, normally about safety, targets and what the company expects from us. Then we are told what we are going to do, for example, picking or packing and do this until the end of the shift.
One thing I have learned whilst working at RS is the attention to detail when picking, you have to be accurate and not under or over pick. If you do get it wrong then you are made aware of your mistake and politely told to be more careful.

The co-workers at RS are really nice; everybody is friendly and always smiles when they see you.

The hardest part of the job is when packing. For me this is the hardest part of the job because I find it really boring and the time feels like it has stopped. I feel like I am not being challenged and maybe this is why I find it boring.

Sadly there is no enjoyable part of the job for me, because I work for an agency, I do not know what shift I am on the next day or feel like I am going to get anywhere in life, the only thing I would say I enjoy is going to work to see the people I have made friends with.
Pros
Get to see co-workers.
Cons
Boring and don't know what shift you are on the next day.
my job entailed packing components and wrapping components
Pros
good money
Cons
short contract