RS Components

RS Components Employee Reviews for Account Manager

Account Manager10 reviews
United Kingdom10 reviews
Featured review
RS Components selected this as a representative review
Having contracted for close on two years for RS I can honestly say it was the most pleasant working environment I have experienced. The staff are all great team players, management good and they believe in their company and forward progression.
The team and company were supportive, salary was average for the role these days and could be better. Great choices for company cars, life balance was a bit off balance some times as you have a lot of crm and contract work to do and that ends up being done once you're home in the evening. That aside the culture is pretty positive at Rd with some good people there. I did leave along with some others because our new line manager was a bully and a liar out to cover his own flaws by taking it out on others. I do believe an HR case was raised later on so hopefully he's not there anymore.
Pros
Culture, good support
Cons
Salary a bit low, balance sometimes a bit off
I hope you like being micromanaged, underpaids and not promoted unless you come from Brammer because that's what you will get.
The brammer leadership (that company that went into admin) have come in and hired their mates.

You have to put a code in if you want to go to the toilet, as a sales person who can go elsewhere and make better commision, why would you put up with this?

Glad I left, now I get paid for my growth.
Pros
Pto, work life balance.
Cons
Micromanagement, clueless middle management by in large.
A great place to work and grow as long as your willing to work for it! RS is willing to make needed changes to improve and grow as a company to property support their customers.
A typical day is outbound calling customers you talk to on a daily basis, keeping up relationships and winning orders. I learnt a lot about phone manner, what services work and different customer types. Management are supportive and want the best for you, always around to help and understand what would make your job easier. Hardest part is getting hold of some customer, most enjoyable is winning a large order.
Pros
free tea and coffee, pension, company perks
This role is not a 9-5 job, it requires several hours working from home due to the high level of admin.
Be prepared to be constantly challenged and tested.

Feedback is encouraged however it is not well received.

A typical day involves visiting around 5 customers, generating opportunities and presenting the value proposition using a laptop, regular interaction with the Internal Key Account Manager, Supplier engagement is a KPI.

The most enjoyable part of the job is developing relationships and sales, the hardest part is the constant change, level of admin and politics.
Pros
People within the Team
Cons
During my time I've spent in RS, I have never had a terrible experience. Each employee is looked after, recognised & make to feel like a part of the global team.
Good place to work, just need a change. Not been able to utilise technical skills and want a career change. RS were very good to me and gave lots of support.
RS is a very fun place to work that feels like a big family, which can be good and bad!
The company looks after you and there's always something there. If you want a job for life you can find it and you'll get help here.
Pros
Good Pension
Cons
RS is a good company to work for. The induction process it long but gives you the knowledge for B2B consumption you need if you have not gained it from elsewhere.
The people that work for the business are friendly and helpful.
I have learnt a lot about myself and have been challenged whilst working at RS. It is a company with a clear strategy that is doing it's best to make it work.
Pros
Excellent work/life balance
Cons
Needs to be more flexible in its approach.