RPS Group

RPS Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom70 reviews
Overall a good company
Good company and a pleasure to have worked for. Salary is fair enough, slightly lower than what other companies would offer, however you get all the training and experience you need
Great work place
Very serious place to work - the environment is relaxed and a typical day it's from 9 to 5pm in a classic office environment (i wasn't used to so at times for me was very boring).
The management was good - supportive and always open to new advices regarding the progress of the company.

Colleagues were fine too even if at times, due to my role, i felt a bit out of it because i didn't get to spend/talk enough time with them but quite often we got to organize staff nights out and it was fun.

Regarding a career point of you, this is definitely a company worth to progress with if you are interested on what they doing.
My time at rps
Met some good people learned a new skills and had a decent pay but there was some ridiculous rules like being sent home for not folding in wing mirrors in the depot.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Ridiculous rules outside of thames contract
Flexible hours and travel time paid
There are many job opportunities within RPS depending on your experience and knowledge. Work hours flexible agian depending on your job role. Most work however is sub contracts for bigger company's which means work can slow and thin out meaning you may have to travel or even stay over night for some work periods.
Pros
Travel time included
Cons
Not much progression available
Great Colleagues, poor & undertrained management
The culture, overall workload and direction came from management interpretation of client.

As teams increased in size, managers were chosen for technical ability rather than any leadership qualities.
Fantastic place to work, a lot is expected from you however it can be relaxed but also stressful at times, all employees are great from field staff to office staff - definitely recommend
One of the best companies I've work for
I've work for rps for about 6 years work is good management need to to sort it out most of the time you tell them things but they still don't listen to you
Pros
Easy days not much stress
Cons
No over time
not good
there is no talking between managers they think nothing of the employees only them self so they get paid to the workers when people got a problem they don't answer ther phones
A good place to be
A good place to be. Opportunity to work on diversified projects from various parts of the world. RPS have skilled Professionals in Oil and Gas exploration and production.
The worst company to work for
Don’t bother with them, the Directors are just in this to earn money for themselves. No respect to staff and just want to earn money whilst outsourcing your resources.
I learnt that I would be better off somewhere else, which is what I have done.

No management structure, no training and no chance of advancement within your chosen career path.

I was interviewed over the phone and offered an immediate start date purely so they could fulfil the contractual obligations that they were failing at.

If you are a contractor, then you mean nothing to RPS, you are just a number providing profit and making up the numbers.

I hope that clarifies matters.
Your just there to make money of you. If you have famly problems. You will be asked to leave the company in a nice way thow. And they penny pinch
Vans to small wrong tolls for the job. Lowe wages little paid hoildays and as for training wat a joke that is. I new my job before working for them and that was a good thing as no one I worked with had a clue.
overall average place to work for
staff not very welcoming and always feel like you couldnt havve a day off if you was really very ill because it would effet your workplace rather than putting yourself first .
A very pleasant company to work for. I have learned alot from working with the management and fellow colleagues to help further my career and hope to progress.
Good
Working here was great, lots of work to do.. always kept busy especially when Christmas period is coming up.
Nice people to work with engineers always in and out if the office
Not a real job
No organisation. Very critical of suggestions to improve upon. Very poor relationship with the client they were employing us to work for under contract. Ok for short term but no career.
Cons
They dictate yours as they please, your contact meant nothing
Terrible and Soul-destroying. Avoid!
Horrible company to work; very poisonous environment; very low salary and overloaded with work. Egoistic senior stuff, can't deal with simple things and their behavior with staff is awful. During 1,5 year left job more then 70% of employee, guess why? Training and development is a joke!
Overworked and underpaid
Very poor management, and little options as far as on the job training or career advancement goes. Quite a hostile work environment as RPS will essentially hire anyone that applies if there aren't enough applications. Completely pointless tasks are often given due to poor management who won't listen either. One to avoid at all costs.
Pros
Can't think of any.
Cons
High workload, low pay, low staff morale, poor management
Worst place to work avoid
I worked for rps for just under two year the job started very well managers would look after there team time flys and new people start showing up now this has become a very narsty environment management believe discrimination instead of helping you and drive times what are currently sitting at two hours a day unpaided
So you do 8 hour shift and two hours free on top and drive time is now illegal as mobile worked since 2015 to your door to door the company don’t except this so think of this if the company is willing to break the law with discrimination and bullying. and drive times what are they going to do with you as a employee
Pros
Good money
Cons
Narsty environment
was ok
an ok place to wkr big on HS and got what i needed did have to travel a bit but was ok
managemt was fair and ok people i worked with were nice to.........
Great Company
I have worked alongside and with/for RPS on many occasions and have always held them in high regards.
Professional & Safe

I always felt that I wash an important part of the team even when working alongside RPS as Company Uniforms didn't matter and I like the one for all, all for one attitude.
Interesting
It's a nice company to work for however they don't seem to compensate for moving you around on contracts/projects. However the Company itself is well organised and always helpful.