RPS Group Employee Reviews

Good experience
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, Nottinghamshire18 January 2018
I was working on my internship after my first year of university. It was a new experience for me working in an engineering office but everyone was approachable and welcoming. I learnt about Euro codes even before it was taught in 2nd year and it was a positive experience for me
Pros
Social and company sport events
Very little positive to say
Environmental Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol27 June 2017
Below average salary personally and well below average for graduates and junior positions, very hard to attract staff. Benefits non-existent, very poor pension. No support from management, even when working on contracts that only the management thought were a good idea. Avoid.
Pros
Literally can't think of any
Cons
No training or support. Very poor salaries and benefits.
Provide good expirence
Environmental Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol24 June 2017
I am enjoying my time at RPS and I have gained so much valuable experience in just 8 months so far.
The only downside is the temporary contacts they offer and a very basic salary.
Several people have left in the past few months due to low salaries and a lack of benefits
Pros
Expirence, People
Cons
Salary, lack of job security
For me this was only temporary
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke6 April 2017
Independent Safety Auditing within a team of consultants did not suit my creative thinking. It is a good organisation if it is the sort of work you wish to do. The scope of opportunity is much greater than just being an ISA.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
not enough passion
Don't waste your life here if you want a career.
Water (Current Employee) –  England30 March 2017
Extremely poor pay, Hard work and commitment are NEVER rewarded. The company are borderline OBSESSIVE with employee surveylance i.e. Tracking.
You WILL NOT EVER have the chance to progress your career with RPS as there is no career progression structure in existence within the company.

Dear Rps if you are reading,

Please introduce some form of stucture into your employees roles i.e. Training and development with a structured career path "oh ok the money is rubbish at the moment but LOOK where I can be in 2 years...ok, I'm going to keep my head down and progress.
Pros
Better than dole I suppose
Cons
Don't get me started
Poor management
Leakage Technician (Former Employee) –  North West26 March 2017
worked for RPS for a number of years and found no further training was available. Pay is poor and management were not up to much.
Ive moved on and increased my wages x50% . It seems they have the monopoly over the north west and seem to keep wages low to secure contracts and keep the managers in a job.
Its time to move over RPS and let other companies take control .
Pros
Cons
no training

Comment – 2 April 2017

dont waste your time and efforts with these people..there are other and better companies out there...

Worst management ever
Leakage technician (Former Employee) –  Northumberland28 July 2016
I worked in Northumbria and got no support from the manager who then tried to sack me for poor performance . When I asked them to prove it they couldn't and dismissed me for SOSR(some other substantial reason). I still don't know what that reason was .
Be warned do not work for this company!!!
Pros
Cons
No support
Management Terrible and Salary NOT Competitive as Advertised
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scotland18 June 2016
Management were not supportive and you were never thanked for hard work. Deadlines never met from higher management and poor communication which led to disappointed clients who took it out on the first line employees.
Practical,Frustrating at times
Assistant Water Leakage Technician (Former Employee) –  Rhyl, WLS16 October 2014
The Job in hand was very practical which I enjoyed although the management was poor and frustrating if you needed something and you had to wait and the information you received was poor.
Friendly team, easy to work with
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, England8 May 2013
When office based (not on another contract) my day could consist of collating information brought by other nurses from mobile screening units. This work made me more objective when interpreting results.
I was given an opportunity to work with some council workers to facilitate workshops on reasons for absence. It was very rewarding and stimulating.
Pros
Fun staff, very sociable crowd
Cons
Initially quite boring in the office completing OH surveys