RPS Group Employee Reviews

I would not recommend any to thos job
Csl prover (Current Employee) –  South london13 September 2018
We work along side a company called essential water services. My role is to prove customers have a leak which we then raise a survey so ews can go and repair which more often than not they do not fully repair the pipe which often causes customers to be angry with our service which is embarrassing as we have requested that they fix it first time. Also we find it very difficult to park and the company is unwilling to arrange parking permits I have personally received many parking fines due to this
Pros
Cons
Terrible customer service
Used to be a productive and good place to work....
Admin (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey21 August 2018
Was a productive and good place to work with a fantastic team on all levels.
Good social times.
I learnt a lot, was busy if manic sometimes but thoroughly enjoyed my time and progressed pretty well.
My manager was a 'hands on' manager and was most certainly a 'people person' (sadly no long a manager), something that is sorely lacking now.
The last 3 years have been difficult for the business but most certainly and importantly old and new management seemed to have forgotten about the loyalty their long term staff had given them before the difficult times. Redundancies have been very high.
Understand things happen but the staff were desperately forgotten.
Lack of communication and awareness of what was happening around them, management were not viewed well in recent years.
Is it sad to feel that many years of work appeared to mean very little to the company.
It really isn't the same working culture and social company it used to be.
Pros
Cons
Lack of management
Compromised Integrity
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon16 August 2018
The people were good the but the management was terrible. Without specifics, I left because I could no longer accept the companies faltering integrity in data management.
Marks And Spencer Stores
Insurance Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear19 July 2018
Traveled throughout the north visiting marks and Spencer stores checking the lifts and escalators are in good working order, and being serviced correctly by the incumbent lift company.

Enjoyed working in a team and the culture of the company was progressive.

very early starts sometimes, have to be in stores for mainly the escalators before the store opened , which meant leaving home at 4am.

Marks And Spencer sandwiches
Pros
Travelling and meeting people
eh
Biostratigrapher (Former Employee) –  Woking29 June 2018
Well, whilst they were fun to work with at the time. The fact that a large number of the people there were fired is a bit of a put off, that and the fact that the whole Biostrat department is gone.
Pros
(was) a good working envrionment
Cons
no free lunches
Under appreciated
Principal Ecologist (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh City, City of Edinburgh4 June 2018
Work was varied but this was tempered by the poor (lack of) decent management. Working was very chaotic and close to the bone in terms of health and safety with staff sent out to work in remote areas and there was always a drive to stay even in caravans rather than say hotels or bed and breakfast accommodation.

I would often collate large expenses each month and these would take up to 100 days to reimburse as standard.

Lower grade staff where keen and eager to learn but overall the shoddy management killed it as an enjoyable working environment and lead to a poor working atmosphere and revolving door of staff.
Pros
Central office, Share scheme
Cons
Poor management
Good company for the right candidates
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London20 March 2018
I have spent quite a number of years with RPS and it has been a very enjoyable experience. Please bear in mind that this is a huge company with many different departments and sectors. I can only speak for the side of the business I worked in.

There is no doubt plenty of room to progress for the right candidate. You get out what you put in in my experience. If you want to do well then get your head down and do a good job. Sit back and moan and you will find yourself stuck in a rut!

There are some great people working here. The management have a laid back attitude that allows you to make your own decisions and prove yourself without being bogged down with somebody hawking over your shoulder. Guidance however, has been available when needed.

Safety is at the heart of the business and training has always been provided when needed.

A very secure company.
Pros
Freedom to progress
Cons
Can be a struggle to get a salary increase!
Computer person not prv tech
Prv tech (Former Employee) –  Thames water contract24 February 2018
The company was great to start with .Then a change in management made the job so hard. Work not being sent over .you have to have a degree in IT. .so much computer work then actual manual work always checking trackers to see what time you started and finished work. No chance of climbing the ladder glad I left
Pros
Cons
The lot
Small but well run company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Grangemouth, Falkirk24 January 2018
Very hard working committed to providing an excellent service to its customers good structure through out the business from the top to the bottom everyone treated the same.
Pros
Good md
Good experience
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, Nottinghamshire18 January 2018
I was working on my internship after my first year of university. It was a new experience for me working in an engineering office but everyone was approachable and welcoming. I learnt about Euro codes even before it was taught in 2nd year and it was a positive experience for me
Pros
Social and company sport events
this was a good time
leakage engineer (Former Employee) –  York26 December 2017
good company to work for, good money,a works van and equipment. did do a lot of travel for a period when i went solo. Would love to get back into water leakage.
Avoid
Geotechnician (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 December 2017
Unfortunately changes in the corporate culture and the management have led the company's health to suffer significantly. Would strongly suggest avoiding.
not great
Leakage Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire13 November 2017
not impressed at all. Salary mediocre. Management are more interested in figures and targets rather than helping employees. attitude is awful. Supervisor was probably the worst ive encountered in years. when i eventually left, manager couldnt even be bothered to speak to me
Pros
salary ok
Cons
management attitude
Do not deliver employee wellbeing
Mobile Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  South7 November 2017
Typical day and week would be driving an oversized van/truck/unit to remote locations across a 150 mile radius to provide Health Surveillance not having had the professional provider specific training to carry out the tests.
I learnt that I was over skilled and under utilised.
Management was dictorial, mentorship and support was non existent.
Considering this is an Occupational Health service they do not have the foresight, empathy or understanding to care for the well being of employees who work remotely.Workplace culture was to put up and shut up.
Hardest part of the job was not having a 'buddy.'
Most enjoyable part of the job was the lads I met.
Pros
Independent working. Pay.
Cons
See above.
Social place work
Mains water flushing tech. (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire23 October 2017
Different locations daily or weekly. Working in roads and pavements. In contact with the general public. Using hydrants to flush cedement out of the pipes and also opening or closing values to redirect the flow of water.
Pros
Working on my own initiative
Cons
Travelling far
rewarding work place
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  London29 September 2017
good work life balance
best part of the job is meeting the customers and helping them
Great team work and varied disciplines
Some travel is required, sometime to not so nice places
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
limited advancement
Very little positive to say
Environmental Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol27 June 2017
Below average salary personally and well below average for graduates and junior positions, very hard to attract staff. Benefits non-existent, very poor pension. No support from management, even when working on contracts that only the management thought were a good idea. Avoid.
Pros
Literally can't think of any
Cons
No training or support. Very poor salaries and benefits.
Provide good expirence
Environmental Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol24 June 2017
I am enjoying my time at RPS and I have gained so much valuable experience in just 8 months so far.
The only downside is the temporary contacts they offer and a very basic salary.
Several people have left in the past few months due to low salaries and a lack of benefits
Pros
Expirence, People
Cons
Salary, lack of job security
For me this was only temporary
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke6 April 2017
Independent Safety Auditing within a team of consultants did not suit my creative thinking. It is a good organisation if it is the sort of work you wish to do. The scope of opportunity is much greater than just being an ISA.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
not enough passion
Don't waste your life here if you want a career.
Water (Current Employee) –  England30 March 2017
Extremely poor pay, Hard work and commitment are NEVER rewarded. The company are borderline OBSESSIVE with employee surveylance i.e. Tracking.
You WILL NOT EVER have the chance to progress your career with RPS as there is no career progression structure in existence within the company.

Dear Rps if you are reading,

Please introduce some form of stucture into your employees roles i.e. Training and development with a structured career path "oh ok the money is rubbish at the moment but LOOK where I can be in 2 years...ok, I'm going to keep my head down and progress.
Pros
Better than dole I suppose
Cons
Don't get me started

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RPS Group. Our community is ready to answer.

RPS Group Reviews by Location