Royal Veterinary College Employee Reviews

Not ideal for me
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  London1 January 2019
I have worked for several years now to gain qualifications related to animal husbundary and I ended up cleaning up after students without being able to work with live animals and this affected my overall work attitude. Although I didn't slack in my duties, I didn't look forward to going to work day after day
Internship
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden17 October 2018
Really friendly, would be room for advancement and support with this in a more permanent job role. For internships very helpful as focus on providing experience.
Work Experience
IT and Library assistant (Former Employee) –  Potters Bar, Hertfordshire7 July 2018
The employers there are extremely helpful in the work place and there is a calm working atmosphere.
The students in the university are extremely polite aswell.
Easy going
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Mimms, Hertfordshire13 September 2017
Good place to work and good progression possibilities
Colleagues are fun to be around and everyone is very welcoming towards new comers.
Lots of team building opportunities.
Good working environment
Cleaner porter (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire22 July 2017
I enjoyed working there I left due to having children my children are now at school but three are no jobs at the moment I worked I. A team cleaning the students residential premises
a fun and exciting place to work
Cleaner/Porter (Former Employee) –  Brookmans Park31 May 2017
while working for the RVC i went out on first aid courses and many other courses i enjoyed working for the company however i am young and enthusiastic and would love to further my career elsewhere.
Overall a safe and inviting work environment
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Herts, AL9 7TA14 March 2017
Overall safe and inviting work environment. A very diverse workplace which was very supportive and welcoming to me.
The business is very organised and management was very effective.
Pros
Free lunches
Flexible
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Potters Bar10 August 2016
Great student job, Extremely flexible working hours and plenty of rewards offered for working. Allows you to represent the university which is great for a CV and have fun whilst doing so!
Pros
Fun and enjoyable
Cons
not enough work
A very fun and supporting environment
Student representative (Current Employee) –  London27 July 2016
RVC gives me great opportunities every day, ranging from roles that develop me as a leader and ones that allow me to be a great team member. I work with fellow students which allows me to develop my friendships to new levels and enjoy my time whenever i need to work for a longer period. The hardest part of my job is to be able to funnel all the requests students have and translate them into a few goals, such as areas for improvement, to the staff and then feedback the results back to the students. This is challenging as some requests need to be presented in a different manner to staff in order for them to be seen as appropriate and worthwhile. I really enjoy my job as it makes me push myself to be my best, and better, every day while allowing me to really make a change for the better for both students' and staff's experience in college.
Pros
Student's opinion matters
Cons
Sometimes I do not know who to contact when certain problems occur
My Master Thesis Project
Master Project student (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Camden9 March 2016
The project of my master thesis was the investigation of the purinergic P2Y2 receptor in bone forming cells to clarify its role in bone mineralisation. The experiments were performed independently with consultation and guidance of my supervisor.
A mouse knockout model was examine for this purpose in order to obtain stem cells capable to differentiate towards the osteoblastogenic lineage. Previous data of microcomputed tomography was confirmed using histology to show the difference in bone matrix between wild-type and knockout mice femora. Wild-type and knockout bone forming cells were compared for their bone nodule formation, alkaline phosphatase activity, ATP release in presence of P2Y2 agonists, determination of cell viability and number, and gene expression. In addition bone-marrow derived hematopoietic stem cells were used for examine the phenotype of osteoclasts upon deletion of the P2Y2 receptor.