Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust

Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom42 reviews
Can be stressful at times.
Work colleagues helpful

HR and management can be challenging.

Not the hospitals fault but can be very challenging having to meet targets
It is a friendly place to work though this depends on the location of your assignment. Some departments are more friendly than others. The induction process is good.
Worked in the oncology pharmacy department with a small team of highly skilled pharmacists. I liaised with the main pharmacy and the Lloyds pharmacy departments on a daily basis. I would take in, label, dispense and hand out prescriptions for the chemotherapy and radiotherapy departments. Communicate with the specialist nurses in all areas within oncology and take phone calls from patients. I would also order stock from suppliers and liaise with the procurement team on any issues.

I really enjoyed my time here and made new friends both at the hospital and in the city of Bath. The workplace was friendly and the management exceptional.
Pros
free lunch on occasion, good management, small team, friendly
Some wards very fast pace and stressful. Manegment not very supportive. Work is hard but rewarding ,staff are very welcoming and friendly. Good training for staff .
I love working as a ward clerk everyone is so friendly and helpful it is hard work and yes the salary could be better but after working in a gp surgery this job is a doddle compared.
Great management team would definitely recommend working for the hospital love it .
Pros
Great work balance
Cons
Better pay would be good
I got sucked in. The parking situation is awful, you have to pay for a permit even if you are unable to park. Understaffed and well underpaid. Too many things are swept under the rug when CQC turn up.
A typical day of a Health care Assistant:
AM - finish breakfast, get patients up, assist them with a wash,toileting patients help the nurses with dressings, observations, sitting patients up for meals, pre-meal blood sugars, serving meals, feeding patients if necessary

PM - toileting, getting patients back to bed, afternoon teas, observations, regular two-hourly turning of patients,assisting nurses with jobs they may need doing, prepare patients for tea time, getting them up and out of bed, serve tea, putting patients back to bed after tea, doing evening teas,

During the day- answer calls, deliver messages, assist family members if needed, taken patients to appointments, completing documentation that is required,

During my time in the trust i have learned many skills including computer systems, using the bleep system/ phone, and good communication skills. I also have learned to respect and to be open mined about others and their beliefs/ life choice.

The management system reasonable and understanding situations that may occur in daily life.

The workplace culture is very sociable and friendly. This reflects on the quality of care we give to our patients and this is noted by the patients.

The hardest part of the job is that we don't have enough staff. this means we are rushed with time and us a s nurses dot feel we have enough time to spend with out patients to give exceptional care. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is everything. There is not one bit i don't like about it. i love spending time with people.
Pros
Pension, Social life and Job security
Cons
Paying for parking, Limited staff and Salary
Joined RUH a few years ago as Health Care Assistant. You must fight really hard to be able to help patients. Close group of people guards their salaries, sitting in the offices and sipping tea all the time.
The worst place I had ever worked and I have been working in Health and Social Care sector for 20 years.

Doctors and office workers no morale at all.

Against few nurses and assisting them staff.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Bullying, harassment, patients crying for help
awful workign environemnt and immensely strsssufl and disorganised. would not recommednas NHS is close to collapse. very harsh working environemnt for admin staff.
Employees feel valued and they have a voice.
Patients also have a voice and RUH listen and learn and, change what could be done better.

A leading NHS Employer

Drives change and the staff and patients being the key leaders to inform and influence
Pros
Driven by targets
Cons
We all have a voice that they listen to.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust?
I found working for the RUH was a very fast paced and busy place to work, I enjoyed that it was different nearly every day and i enjoyed caring for others and being part of both a wider and closer team. I learned how to apply individualised care to each patient and the procedures to follow should a problem arise. I found end of life care to be the hardest part but i also found it to be highly rewarding.
Pros
Rewarding feeling
Cons
Stressful environment
Job mainly a hand holding exercise with generally an excellent quality of staff who in the main had been with the Trust for many years, but un-typically were still open to ways to improve.
Liaison with senior finance executives did prove problematic but this was due mainly to problems in negotiating 2018/19 contracts.
Pros
Third time as the RUH
Cons
Travelling in poor road conditions in Februaryand March
In a nutshell I felt under payed, used and abused ...
Policies are undermined by management to suit own agenda's, there was a strong sense of isolation and exclusion. Bullying does occur and is kept under wraps and within closed circles.

Power and influence seem to be common politics at the hospital.

Overall, it's good for some and not for others.
Pros
Helping people can be rewarding
Cons
Workplace politics and bullying
Supportive trust to work for, continually striving for excellence on a daily basis. Training and development that is provided is beyond exceptional for your career development
Pros
flexible working and supportive
Cons
travelling personal thing
Too much responsibility for the salary.
Learn to deal with very specific item, only available in this sector.

Totally lack of management. A clinical person can NOT handle a business operation.
Pros
long holidays
Cons
payment
Staff are under constant pressure they need more staff being trained rather having to many chiefs and no Indians over managed and under staffed. I think there are to many people in high salaries and the people who work the hardest are on minimum wage...
Can be a good trust to work for most of management want to help you get the. Eat out of your role, you have a lot of opportunities to work towards higher qualifications and the trust offer you good benefits outside of work!
Pros
Lots of opportunities and benefits offered to staff
Cons
the shift hours are hard with family the start time could be more flexible
Great place to work around other people and learn new expirerences.
I worked 11-7pm monday - friday where i cleaned and worked along side nurses, doctors, healthcare assisants and paitients.
Pros
New expirecences
Cons
Long Hours
Limited occupational therapists when i worked there resulting in a heavy caseload therefore it did feel like you were always playing catch up which was not a nice feeling
Pros
good experience
Cons
stressful
There are too many changes taking place that don't have a positive outcome for the staff. Nursing numbers are too low. The RUH is a nice place to work but I feel I require a change.
Worked 6-2, Monday to Friday on one ward, overtime always available as well, co workers I always got along with too. the day is set out so it's a routine everyday, never finished later then 2pm.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust Reviews by Job Title