Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom63 reviews
Rsch
Working within A&E. Having worked there for over 3 years, we’re now developing a strong and happy team. There is a good work/life balance and management are supportive.
Shocking place to work
Absolutely shocker of a place to work.

Racism/bullying...shocking management with zero management abilities. absolutely avoid this place if you are from a minority.
Overall it’s a good hospital and department but for the consultants
I think since I am working on the LAS post so my pay is not concordant with the qualifications and experience that I possess. I would like to relocate in London and around as my family lives in Barking.
An excellent place to work
Professional and rewarding environment. Excellent Leadership team and strong staff engagement.
Highly motivated HR team and strong sense of commitment among team members.
Unprofessional management in lab
Deputy manager racist and could not train properly. In training of band7 he tells band 5 to train band 7 .
Wanted to run 24x7 and forced staff to do night duty
RSCH compass-group
Worked for compass group at the RSCH, as a deputy catering manager, unprofessional management, never again avoid them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional
Nice hospital
Good hospital but they do overwork their staff
Did not enjoy working on the orthopedic ward.

Tbe ward was too busy and bot enough staff.

Needed a chnage.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Bad management
Acute general hospital

Out patients

Adult

Children

Private patients

Variety of medical / surgical conditions

Specialities include oncology, urology and hepto- gastrointestinal.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Car parking
Rsch
would recommend for experience

This role involved hospital discharge, care plans, decision support tool, best interest decisions, assessments, multi disciplinary meetings
Pros
experience
Cons
hours
Friendly place to work
I worked from two busy Consultant Paediatricians. Typing clinic letters took up a lot of my time which was frequently interrupted by phone calls from parents wanting investigation results or to change their appointments. I arranged scans/x-rays. I arranged weekly food allergy clinics.
I worked in an office with the two Consultant who were often away from their desks working on the wards or in clinics so I was on my own a lot of the time but had the opportunity of joining the other secretaries in the Paediatric Department at lunch times etc.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with angry parents who wanted earlier appointments or who were upset after receiving bad news regarding investigation results for their children.

On the whole I enjoyed my job and felt that I was working in a caring environment and was pleased that I was a part of it and was able to help people in a small way.
Pros
Close to home so I was able to walk to and from work
Royal Surrey
Currently working here an okay position just long hours and travel factor, as well as paying for parking. Looking for part time work main reason for leaving
Nhs
Management and culture is grown mostly from inside, a good work life balance with the ability to work flexible hours. I work as a PA band 5 dealing with all aspect of admin and project work.
A fast-paced exciting place to work.
It's been a long time since I worked there - the hospital itself was great, but the staff weren't always friendly. I enjoyed the pop-up shops in the foyer every week.
Workload forever increasing
After 14 years of working with an ever increasing workload and pressure to reach all targets, with very little recognition, I felt it was time to expand my horizon and challenge myself.

I am grateful to the knowledge and experience I have gathered whilst working in my present role but believe I am ready to help others reach their potential and use my people skills and personal ethos to reach others in a more managerial/team leadership role.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
no recogntition for your hard work
Fantastic people to work with.
My role was extremely busy and varied. I worked with a fantastic team, everyone was so willing to help each other. I worked with people who "saved lives" - such an inspiring group of people.
Pros
varied role
Cons
sometimes full on so no time to break for lunch
I'm sure it has changed now.
It wasn't great when I worked there but that was a long time ago and I'm sure it has changed a lot. there were great training opportunities but sadly I kept getting new bosses which meant I was constantly having to train them.
Good team spirit
Training for roles and good team work. Supportive staff. Chance to build on knowledge and staff relationships. Great hospital to work for. Spent 10 years here and would return
Pension is the only thing worthwhile
Would never work for the NHS again. Long hours, no thanks, just day after day grind. Only worthwhile thing is the pension and the holiday entitlement.
Pros
Pension, holiday entitlement
Cons
Long hours, no thanks
Variety and learning environment
Taught me a lot in how to talk to different patients and learn how to be an attentive and caring employee as some situations are extremely sensitive for the patient
Pros
variation in job hours
Cons
long night shifts
Excellent learning possibilities
Excellent learning possibilities with the team of surgeons I worked with, allowing me to watch robotic surgery. Very team oriented, caring and nurturing environment.
great teamwork
A typical day on emergency assessment unit is normally very busy from admitting and assessing each individual patient, taking blood, drug rounds, wound care, preparing for theatre. As I am in a management role if I was nurse in charge I would be attending ward rounds, communicating within the multi disciplinary team, or I would be attending bed meetings amongst other managers and matrons. The workplace has some great enthusiastic people amongst us which is one of the most enjoyable part of the job as well as learning and gaining a wide variety of nursing skills.
Pros
the staff
Cons
shift pattern
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Reviews by Location