Royal Society for the Protection of Birds Employee Reviews

Fun, enthusiastic and a great place to work.
Corporate Partnerships Officer (Former Employee) –  Brighton23 June 2017
An extremeley fun place to work with a group of very passionate people. Unfortunately, some of the higher management are not of a great standard and keep the organisation from moving in the right direction, but that is slowly changing.
I enjoy being part of RSPB society
Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  London, ENG3 August 2015
Its a good cause and I enjoy doing voluntary work for RSPB. I also hope we could all help the wild birds to have a better life
Informative and educational
Volunteer Warden (Former Employee) –  Goole, ENG12 March 2015
A typical day at work involved the maintenance of the wetland reserve for a posotive visitor experience followed by environmental habitat management tasks. The experiece allowed me to gain an insight into the management of a wetland reserve as well as to observe a number of endangered species of bird in the wild including the iconic marsh and hen harriers.
The other staff and volunteers were hard working and supporitve in their methods to encourage and educate new volunteers about the nature reserve.
The job was very physically demanding and it was easy to injure yourself or get a boot full of water if you were not careful so required constant vigilance and awareness.
Pros
Seeing wetland habbitat management behind the sceens as well a number of endagered species of bird.
Cons
Residential accomodation was poorly insulated and very cold.
Great Employer with Huge Job Diversity
CONFERENCING & EDUCATION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, ENG22 April 2014
Great employer that shows a lot of trust in its employees to complete their role as required. Day to day is usually varied in a visitor services role, I was looking after business and education customers but could be called on to help in any area from events management to catering. During my time at this employer I discovered many things about the natural world and environmental issues, but also much about the business world and its people. It gave me a new outlook on customer bases. Management could be more regular in touching base with staff at the bottom of the ladder with a little more help and encouragement where needed. But on the positive side I was always managed from a place with a good level of respect and friendship. Colleagues and co-workers were excellent and willing to help and spend time where needed. Always willing to give explanations and share knowledge about their field of work. Prioritising what management wanted most from your time could be difficult at times, but the variety within the role was amazing and made each day exciting.
Pros
Huge variety of duties and great colleagues to work with
Cons
Losing my job due to redundancy