Royal Shakespeare Company Employee Review

View all Royal Shakespeare Company reviews

very productive and motorvated
Scenic Carpenter / joiner (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, ENG14 April 2015
After I had completed my apprenticeship, I continued at the Royal Shakespeare Company as a fully qualified Scenic Carpenter, where my responsibilities took on new heights. For my current role I have to work from technical CAD drawings from which I build and construct different types of scenery. I also have to fit the sets into different theatres around the country. I learned a lot during my apprenticeship, but I was able to develop and improve my skills and confidence through my Scenic Carpenter role.
I work as part of a team at the Royal Shakespeare Company but also enjoy working alone. I really enjoy being challenged and I am enthusiastic to learn and try new things and gain more experience and skills.
Pros
always wanting to learn new skills and gain experience

Other Royal Shakespeare Company Employee Reviews

excellent learning period
Theatre Dresser (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire10 April 2018
put the effort in and benefit from the rewards
hard work - good company - nice staff- great contacts
wonderful setting - essential experience - valuable in any ones life -
good place to work...
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon14 March 2018
nice place to work, however walking distance is really big, nice and friendly atmosphere, busy environment to work, the most enjoyable part is a holiday time :)
Pros
free theatre tickets
Cons
zero hour contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Shakespeare Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5