Royal Shakespeare Company Employee Reviews

good place to work...
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon14 March 2018
nice place to work, however walking distance is really big, nice and friendly atmosphere, busy environment to work, the most enjoyable part is a holiday time :)
Pros
free theatre tickets
Cons
zero hour contract
Excellent position working flexible hours
Front of House Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon22 January 2018
My position at the theatre provides an opportunity for my social skills to converse with members of the public and help them including offering advice on what is available to them within the theatre. Helping patrons who attend plays by seating, selling programmes and ice creams. When not on performance duties, the theagre is open to the public for visits to various exhibitions and experiences.
Pros
Opportunity to see plays
Cons
Some anti social hous
Productive and professional
Actor (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire27 April 2017
the people there were nice and caring and made you always feel welcome. It was a great privilege to work amongst professionals who enjoyed acting and theatre as much as I do. It was privilege to work with the RSC.
Pros
Professional
Productive and fun workplace
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 March 2017
The Royal Shakespeare Compny is a diverse and dynamic theatre company. A great working environment, excellent facilities, helpful staff and a general feeling of community.
Supportive and exciting
Sales and Ticketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon23 January 2017
I am yet to have worked for a more supportive company. There are wonderful staff benefits but support in terms of occupational health, chances to develop and constructive feed back is incredible.
Excellent Benefits and Franchise
Waitress/Runner (Former Employee) –  Rooftop27 July 2016
I have had a sound experience working for the RSC, including a short course in customer service which enabled me to understand the processes involved in dealing with complaints or stress. High levels of customer amounts sometimes over thralled the experience as there were shortages of staff, particularly on sundays and saturdays.
The staff are a multi-cultural group of people, therefore a language barrier is prevalent, consequently making interacting or conversing awkward. Resulting in short tempers and disagreements.
Pros
Complimentary ticket
Cons
No man management
productive
senior scenic carpenter (Current Employee) –  Stratford upon avon21 June 2016
Interesting work and very tight dead lines. Good place to work to have the opportunity to work in other theatres and progress with your skills.
Productive but fun workplace
Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, ENG13 October 2015
The work hours were good, the pay was acceptable and the company management was good. The staff were hardworking and conscientious of the job they had to do. Very welcoming well managed company.
very productive and motorvated
Scenic Carpenter / joiner (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, ENG14 April 2015
After I had completed my apprenticeship, I continued at the Royal Shakespeare Company as a fully qualified Scenic Carpenter, where my responsibilities took on new heights. For my current role I have to work from technical CAD drawings from which I build and construct different types of scenery. I also have to fit the sets into different theatres around the country. I learned a lot during my apprenticeship, but I was able to develop and improve my skills and confidence through my Scenic Carpenter role.
I work as part of a team at the Royal Shakespeare Company but also enjoy working alone. I really enjoy being challenged and I am enthusiastic to learn and try new things and gain more experience and skills.
Pros
always wanting to learn new skills and gain experience
productive place to work
Costume Maker (Former Employee) –  London, ENG5 July 2014
Costumier: Worked for several major London theatre companies at this time including The Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC) and the English National Opera. While employed by the RSC I had the opportunity to construct costumes for the original production of Les Miserables. Also in this period, I assisted on various films including the costumes for the Last Emperor of China
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
in the UK