Royal Pharmaceutical Society

Royal Pharmaceutical Society Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my short time at the RPS and learned some new skills such as using a CMS and picture reseach as well as opportunities to use Illustrator. However, there does not seem to be much of a social culture as in Friday or pay day drinks and the location doe mean that places to buy lunch are limited. The staff canteen provides an option but the food is not very good and the very basic kitchen only offers instant coffee! had to buy my own filter coffee and bring in a cafetiere.
Pros
Staff canteen
Cons
Food isn't that good
relaxed and friendly staff good communication spacious office space multicultural work enviroment ...... ................................inclusive mu
I'd say this was the second-worst place I've ever worked. The Pharmpress team in particular was the worst dev team I've ever been on by a mile: if you don't include my manager (oh we'll get to him in a bit!), I had to complain to HR about the conduct of not one, not two but THREE members of the team in the eight months I spent there. I got the impression that the Pharmacists there were doing all right but in Tech there was a horrible bullying culture within which members of staff who screamed misogynistic abuse during MEETINGS and threatened others with assault were tolerated for two years, people who otherwise might have been talented developers became too apathetic to care about improving anything and others (one person in particular who, thankfully, left) just seemed to really hate being challenged. At present there is a production manager there who spends her time physically pushing members of staff so that she can avoid having to deal with her own mediocrity. Of course birds of a feather flock together on that team so naturally she had quite a few supporters who knew about her behaviour and thought her violence was fine. And this was maybe a month after the team had been given a "Dignity in the Workplace" training course by HR. But then this is one of those companies where people who complain about bullying run the risk of being punished by HR for doing so, so no surprises there. On the subject of mediocrity, the codebase was of course complete trash - a lot of it is legacy code riddled with poor choices, poor documentation, pull requests from four years ago that - more...
Enjoyed my 7 years with RPS and established some good life long friends and colleagues but the is no career progression opportunity in the Welsh office other than transferring to London HQ which is not practical for work life balance.
I have learned a lot during my time at the Royal Pharmaceutical Society, but feel there is not a role for me to progress into. Leadership, support and guidance can be lacking and inconsistent. Work life balance is very good in terms of hours and annual leave, but can be a stressful organisation to work for.
Pros
5 weeks holiday
Cons
Poor career development opportunities
RPS is a great place to work, they are good to their staff and encourage development. You normally get a quite a bit travel and a subsidised lunch. The new offices are lovely
When I took this job on I had no experience in administration role. This is a big learning curve I have learnt many things in this role. A typical day in work is doing expenses and invoices for the business. I also manage the petty cash and credit cards. Answering the telephone to members and people from different professionals. Filling and send post. Archiving old invoices and bank statements. Organising events from the venue to the catering and make sure the event runs smoothly. I learnt from scratch how to do minutes and invoices and anything to do with finances.
Pros
Expenses paid for and Lunch paid for
Cons
No work life balance working outside of work hours
A very interesting place to work. Co-workers were lovely, management OK, most enjoyable part of the job was the variety.
Pros
Good pension
Cons
• Extract and analyse data from internal and external systems to produce market and product analysis for the development and reporting of strategic and operational plans. • Measure key therapeutic areas and products and undertake development of market models for forecasting, scenario planning, competitor launch assessment and evaluation of new product opportunities. • Monitoring of performance of products through management of KPI's and other business information to support the global business unit. • Ensuring appropriate cycle reporting of market and performance analysis that will inform and create competitive advantage for the business.
A day at RPS is a multi task and never boring day. I've learned how to work in restaurant and coffee shop service in front of house, a bit of kitchen work and hospitality & events in this beautiful venue.
Pros
food free, great location
Cons
long shifts