Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust

Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust Employee Review

View all Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust reviews

Interactive
main gate operator (Current Employee) –  Stanmore, ENG13 November 2014
Working on the switchboard and 1st contact for enquiries face to face. I have learned to be more patient in dealing with people as over the phone many calls received are from patients who aren't quite sure of whom they want to contact. Therefore, listening, comunicating and being patient are vital skills for the role. I get on well with my seniors as well as team members and juniors. Together we have created a fun and comfortable working environment. The most difficult part of the role is to be compassionate when receiving calls from pateint kins that are distressed with an outcome after assessment i.e. cancer, tumour, terminal illness, and trying to provide phone support by giving them the time they need just to have a chat. Sometimes it becomes very emotional and mentally draining. However, whilst working at RNOH, it feels good to know that I've made a difference in someones' day, no matter how small.
Pros
Sense of satisfaction when helping people and working with a wonderful team.
Cons
Night Shifts and no weekends OFF

Other Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Very good place to work
Bank staff (Former Employee) –  Middlesex7 April 2019
An excellent and exciting place to work. Always updated on new technology and given training. Staff canteen/facilities always clean and accessible for both able/non able staff. Parking facilities excellent.
Pros
Excellent work and training always given on new products.
Cons
None.
Great work experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stanmore, Greater London2 November 2018
During my placement, I was able to participate in a wide range of skills and activities. The staff there was amazing, willing to teach and had amazing teamwork abilities.