Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust

Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Great work experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stanmore, Greater London2 November 2018
During my placement, I was able to participate in a wide range of skills and activities. The staff there was amazing, willing to teach and had amazing teamwork abilities.
Admin
Secretary/Administrator (Former Employee) –  london19 October 2018
busy day and good opportunities for training if you need or want it. Flexible working available for those who want to work earlier or later start. Parking is a nightmare. After 8.30am its virtually impossible to park but it is free!
Good reputation
Clinical support worker (Current Employee) –  London23 August 2018
Good job environment and supportive manger. The organisation has the reputation of being centre of excellence providing quality care to patient with complex spinal problem. Proud to be working here.
Pros
Flexible working time
Cons
Travel time
I was given an opportunity to develop my career
Recovery Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greater London22 August 2018
I was given an opportunity to develop my career by attending courses and being given an opportunity to be promoted. Every institution would have its own culture, this is what you have to learn when you join the company. Overall, patients are kept safe and utmost importance is given to patient care. For career progression, if you are willing to work hard and willing to take courses to progress, it can be given to you.
friendly work environment
Ward Hostess (Current Employee) –  Stanmore, Greater London9 May 2018
as i have been working here so many years i have learned a lot. very friendly workplace and the management is very helpful and supportive. i am enjoying working every single day of my work
fantastic place to work
plaster technician (Former Employee) –  Stanmore21 February 2018
if I could do night shift in the plaster theatre here I would the staff are like a family unit you work closely with all consultant staff and is a close nit unit.
Pros
speciality treatment
I do not recommend it.
Deputy Chief Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Pharmacy Department6 June 2017
I do not recommend the RNOH as a place of work. My personal experience was bad in general. I experienced low quality of management and leadership practice
Interesting
Typist (Former Employee) –  Stanmore, Greater London23 May 2017
The work at Stanmore Hospitl was interesting having worked in medical records/notes in the past. The confidentiality of the patients is of paramount importance. The staff and patients were friendly and and a good understanding of how to deal with sick patients helped me with this position.
Enjoyed the team and location
Events Administrator (Current Employee) –  London22 January 2017
A very interesting job, where you organise the trainee doctors training courses onsite in the hospitals auditorium. This ranges from logistical management to printing notes.
ISS UK Company is not a good agency
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Stanmore, Greater London15 January 2017
This agency is absolutely bad.. They treat workers like animals and as slaves. They should be banned to still recruit.No progression while working, salaries are so bad.
People just gossip about every single thing
Pros
Cons
poor salary, bad managment, abuse of power from the supervisors and they are also incompetents
under staffed
Store Person (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire14 November 2016
Work load too much for one person, the job was a two person appointment I did the job alone without any help for over six months to the best of my ability with no complaints,was trying to help get the new unit up and running only to be told that i would not get any extra help
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Interesting
Receptionist/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stanmore, Middlesex5 March 2016
Making appointments for both new and existing patients.
Consulting with senior consultants and other doctors, making sure they have the correct documents for their clinics to see patients.
Speaking with other departments with regards to arranging other medical appointments - X-rays or scan.
It was very difficult to see people coming in with cancer and how they changed, it was heartbreaking at times.
Cons
Seeing kids with cancer
productive and fun
Student Nurse Placement (Former Employee) –  london16 October 2015
the team was lovely. hospital is very easy to get around although infrastructure needs rebuilding ad remodeling. some wards in winter heaters dont work ect.
Interactive
main gate operator (Current Employee) –  Stanmore, ENG13 November 2014
Working on the switchboard and 1st contact for enquiries face to face. I have learned to be more patient in dealing with people as over the phone many calls received are from patients who aren't quite sure of whom they want to contact. Therefore, listening, comunicating and being patient are vital skills for the role. I get on well with my seniors as well as team members and juniors. Together we have created a fun and comfortable working environment. The most difficult part of the role is to be compassionate when receiving calls from pateint kins that are distressed with an outcome after assessment i.e. cancer, tumour, terminal illness, and trying to provide phone support by giving them the time they need just to have a chat. Sometimes it becomes very emotional and mentally draining. However, whilst working at RNOH, it feels good to know that I've made a difference in someones' day, no matter how small.
Pros
Sense of satisfaction when helping people and working with a wonderful team.
Cons
Night Shifts and no weekends OFF
it is the good place to work
kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  Stanmore, ENG6 June 2013
i like to help people
i like work with NHS
i learned lots of good things
Very busy but fun place to work
OHA (Former Employee) –  London6 September 2012
Gained lot of experience.
enjoyed helping workers back to work and supporting staff with health issues deal with their health conditions and working within their limitations during their rehabilitation period.
Gained great case management experience, health screening pre employment and during employment.
the day starts with booked clients but could go either way with clients turning up with emergencies such as needle stick injuries/ splashes that needed attention.
Pros
planned lunch breaks and away from the desk.
Cons
was quiet a journey away but enjoyed working within the small team
A brilliant hospital in general but not an easy department to work in
Sterile Services Technician (Current Employee) –  london20 July 2012
I work different shift patterns, from 7am starts to 9pm finishes, but currently working nights from 9pm-7am.
When i joined the RNOH i was already fully trained so only had to adapt to their computer systems and workings of W/D and sterilisers.
The management are very nice but find it difficult to mange the staff at times and as they have had many new managers over the years in my opinion the staff tend to run the department rather than the managers, hence my wanting to find a new job as i like to work in a friendly controlled environment where you are listened to and problems dealt with as smooth running of a sterile services department is very important, production wise and happy collegues make an enjoyable days work.
Cons
long travelling
Driven workplace with great learning opportunities
Rotational Physiotherapist (Former Employee) –  London, ENG28 June 2012
Excellent hospital to work for. Teams are well lead with plenty of complex cases to learn from. In many ways this hospital paves the way for the future of orthopaedics.