Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust

Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom25 reviews
Nice place to work in. Opportunity for enhancing your career. Nurse education provided.You can easily assess the senior staff. There is flexibility of work
They don’t take time or have time to train you properly and expect you to know how to work systems without being trained. Each department passes the buck saying it’s not their responsibility to train you.
Pros
Car parking free of charge
Cons
Selfish staff with no consideration for newcomers
i don't want to state my opinion
this should be confidential

random stuff just to publish this comment

typical work day very busy

management does what is best for the hospital
Don't waste your time applying for jobs at the RNOH , only people who are friends / family get the jobs or somebody else who is already in the role and it's being made permanent
I enjoyed working here friendly staffs and helpful very organised
Get support whenever needed

Great team

Excellent pay

Approachable management

Safety
Management can make your life a misery. What used to be a fantastic place to work in is no longer. Just remember you're replaceable. Sad very sad. Just watch your back.
An excellent and exciting place to work. Always updated on new technology and given training. Staff canteen/facilities always clean and accessible for both able/non able staff. Parking facilities excellent.
Pros
Excellent work and training always given on new products.
Cons
None.
During my placement, I was able to participate in a wide range of skills and activities. The staff there was amazing, willing to teach and had amazing teamwork abilities.
busy day and good opportunities for training if you need or want it. Flexible working available for those who want to work earlier or later start. Parking is a nightmare. After 8.30am its virtually impossible to park but it is free!
Good job environment and supportive manger. The organisation has the reputation of being centre of excellence providing quality care to patient with complex spinal problem. Proud to be working here.
Pros
Flexible working time
Cons
Travel time
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust?
I was given an opportunity to develop my career by attending courses and being given an opportunity to be promoted. Every institution would have its own culture, this is what you have to learn when you join the company. Overall, patients are kept safe and utmost importance is given to patient care. For career progression, if you are willing to work hard and willing to take courses to progress, it can be given to you.
as i have been working here so many years i have learned a lot. very friendly workplace and the management is very helpful and supportive. i am enjoying working every single day of my work
if I could do night shift in the plaster theatre here I would the staff are like a family unit you work closely with all consultant staff and is a close nit unit.
Pros
speciality treatment
I do not recommend the RNOH as a place of work. My personal experience was bad in general. I experienced low quality of management and leadership practice
The work at Stanmore Hospitl was interesting having worked in medical records/notes in the past. The confidentiality of the patients is of paramount importance. The staff and patients were friendly and and a good understanding of how to deal with sick patients helped me with this position.
A very interesting job, where you organise the trainee doctors training courses onsite in the hospitals auditorium. This ranges from logistical management to printing notes.
This agency is absolutely bad.. They treat workers like animals and as slaves. They should be banned to still recruit.No progression while working, salaries are so bad.
People just gossip about every single thing
Pros
Cons
poor salary, bad managment, abuse of power from the supervisors and they are also incompetents
Work load too much for one person, the job was a two person appointment I did the job alone without any help for over six months to the best of my ability with no complaints,was trying to help get the new unit up and running only to be told that i would not get any extra help
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Making appointments for both new and existing patients.
Consulting with senior consultants and other doctors, making sure they have the correct documents for their clinics to see patients.

Speaking with other departments with regards to arranging other medical appointments - X-rays or scan.

It was very difficult to see people coming in with cancer and how they changed, it was heartbreaking at times.
Cons
Seeing kids with cancer
the team was lovely. hospital is very easy to get around although infrastructure needs rebuilding ad remodeling. some wards in winter heaters dont work ect.
Working on the switchboard and 1st contact for enquiries face to face. I have learned to be more patient in dealing with people as over the phone many calls received are from patients who aren't quite sure of whom they want to contact. Therefore, listening, comunicating and being patient are vital skills for the role. I get on well with my seniors as well as team members and juniors. Together we have created a fun and comfortable working environment. The most difficult part of the role is to be compassionate when receiving calls from pateint kins that are distressed with an outcome after assessment i.e. cancer, tumour, terminal illness, and trying to provide phone support by giving them the time they need just to have a chat. Sometimes it becomes very emotional and mentally draining. However, whilst working at RNOH, it feels good to know that I've made a difference in someones' day, no matter how small.
Pros
Sense of satisfaction when helping people and working with a wonderful team.
Cons
Night Shifts and no weekends OFF