Royal Mail Employee Reviews

Found 3,161 reviews matching the search See all 3,225 reviews
Postman
Postman.Delivering mail/parcels door (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire28 July 2018
Sort and Deliver letters.Deliver parcels in van.Hardest part of the job is Management and colleagues not doing the job to process.Most enjoyable part is getting on with customers.
gone downhill fast !
Postman (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester28 July 2018
Physically too demanding ! Did the job 10 years and ended up with a bad back and knees. Management are the worst I have ever worked for and for such a big organisation this is mbt good enough. Wouldn't work for this company again if it was the only job out there! Rather do anything than work for this horrible company again. ROYAL FAIL
Pros
Good pay and early finishes
Cons
Too many to list now ..
Physical enjoyable
Postman (Former Employee) –  Kent27 July 2018
The job it’s self was easy and straight forward once you got your head around the sorting part of the mail and preparing your delivery. I was working in the company for 5 and half years, I enjoyed it and also kept me fit. It didn’t offer me enough support when I was going through some tough times with my family and that’s the only thing I can fault the company on
Male bullies! Ruin health
Postwoman/Driver (Former Employee) –  Wales26 July 2018
Male dominated bullies. Dont train you then abuse you so that you are doing twice as much work as the men. Horrible company to work for. Left with loads of health problems due to being overloaded and untrained.
Culture is disgusting through its' core. Nothing Royal about it. Bully Fail.
Pros
Meet public
Cons
Ruins your body. Its core value is BULLYING!
Nice job
Postman (Former Employee) –  Hove25 July 2018
There is a nice environment and good coleagues in this place. The job is well-paid and helps to keep you fit as you walk between 3-4 hours every shift, you get to know many people during your delivery duty through your work area.
working outside
Postman (Former Employee) –  Manchester25 July 2018
On a typical Manchester December's day, when it is raining and cold, you take the satisfaction when you deliver a packet or mail that the customer is waiting for.
Staff ignored
Postlady (Former Employee) –  Reading25 July 2018
Staff are not listened to .they say they have a diversity programme but its non existent . managers talk to staff like there slaves. Got worse since it was floated on share market
Just awful
Postman/Driver (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 July 2018
Once was a good job with great colleagues and mangers ! Now the place is very badly run from top to bottom. Constantly putting more and more work on you and treat you bad if you csnt manage the work load. Needs big changes before it gets totally out of control.
Pros
customers, pay
Cons
very demanding on your body, bullying staff
The Post Office
Royal Mail Postman (Former Employee) –  London23 July 2018
When I started in the late 70's this was considered to be a job for life. As they started to mechanise the processes they started making redundancies.It was a good job that went down hill.
horrible
Postman/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  south wales22 July 2018
I been a postman for 24 years. Used to love it but now hate every minute of the job. Have some great colleagues and some are not so great. Royal mail rewards the lazy but punishes the busy with extra work. Management are useless, bullying and only see the company as a bonus scheme. They seem to operate outside employment law like sports direct did expecting only the outdoor workers work past their hours at royal mails convenience meaning you very rarely finish on time. It also has a policy of lapsing deliveries where it deliberately doesnt have a regular postman on a round so you very often are forced into overtime just to satisfy managements figures and bullying. Royal mail management only care about customer service when the postman makes a mistake. To anyone who wants a job at royal mail, don't do it. One good thing about being a postman and shareholder is we now own part of the business and get to use the pros that go with it
Pros
meeting some great customers
Cons
management, bullying, forced overtime
fun
CASUAL WORKER (Former Employee) –  Poole21 July 2018
Easy to use website but redirection is not cheap. I have two names ,one professionally, and to add that made it double the price which seems excessive
Pros
fun
Cons
standing
ambiente lavorativo stimolante e cordiale
Impiegato amministrativo/ Magazziniere (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester21 July 2018
professionali e corretti …. spero che la vostra forza mi dia aiuto nel trovare un lavoro
Harassment, bullying, intimidation and not payed for the hours you work
Postie (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central20 July 2018
Such an awful culture of bullying and harassment in this company. Especially if you stand up for yourself. Managers lack any sort of social skills. Many must be brought in straight from the local kennels. Overtime pay is rarely payed in time or correctly. Keep scrolling if you want a stress free life
Pros
Working outdoors, lovely customers
Cons
Too many to list
n/a
Postman (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City19 July 2018
The job has changed for the worse over the past 10 years. The incentive once upon a time was to go at your own pace (in which my case was fast) and be finished your days work once completed. Now it is van share, if you are paired up with someone who may not be as motivated it can be a long day.
hard working
Mail sorter (Former Employee) –  Leeds18 July 2018
this job is high demanding and need to work very fast to hit targets or deadlines
the staff are some what ok to work with but if you made a simple mistake there not so nice
Pros
wellpay
Busy office environment
Liaison Officer (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire18 July 2018
Fairly typical modern office ie pc's set up on benches, four chairs per bench, lots of stats focus etc. Hours can be awkward through the night and public transport a little limited.
good to out and about
Postman (Former Employee) –  Thirsk, North Yorkshire18 July 2018
I enjoyed this job as I was out doors every day and meeting people along the way.
The team that helped train me and I worked with daily were great and very helpful.
Bullying management
Post person (Former Employee) –  Stocksbridge sheffield18 July 2018
Managers are bullies, employees stab u in the back!! Put pressure of you, forced overtime, my manager thought it was appropriate to wave my sick note and told everyone that I have gone off sick with stress and depression breaching confidentiality, and nothing was done when I complained, I ended up taking months off sick due to bullying and harassment, managers turned up to my house without invitation, if they see your weekends they will single you out and bully you, no dignity or respect and no equality.
Pros
Good money.. but not enough for the way they treat you.
Cons
Bullies/no equality/no dignity and respect.
Good working hours and practice
Postman (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton17 July 2018
Fun job with a great team who were flexible and understanding to individual needs. Meeting new people on a day to day, having the freedom to manage your own round.
Pros
Hours to suit you
Cons
Working in all weathers
a very good place to work
Postman/Driver (Former Employee) –  London17 July 2018
There are lots of opportunities to advance your career. There are lots of training opportunities available to learn new skills. The working environment is very positive and diversity is taken very seriously.
Pros
excellent place to work
Cons
beware of dogs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K