Royal Mail Employee Reviews

Found 3,254 reviews matching the search See all 3,325 reviews
Bad management full of lies
postie (Current Employee) –  Cambridgeshire1 November 2018
Got told i would be guaranteed overtime but I barely get any when I banked n it for bills. Never in same route. Staff morale so low they bring you down. Don't get petrol paid when cover other sites. Management headless chickens and bullies
Pros
No late nights
Cons
work every saturday. Management. Lack of hours. No training.
Worked as seasonal worker
Seasonal worker (Former Employee) –  Ipswich1 November 2018
I have worked for Royal Mail as seasonal worker. It was an excellent job with good reward. I am still looking for seasonal job as this was suitable for me.
Interesting place
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  London1 November 2018
Worked in a team-oriented environment where I was able to work in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team. It was an amazing and helpful experience.
Good job to start with no experiance and good pay rates in the future.
Angard agency casual (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire31 October 2018
I have been working there for about a year now through the angard. So far the experiance has been pretty good to me and I can't complain about the pay after 12 weeks.

The management and staff are pretty friendly with little to no inconvenience.

I have received at least 1 shift per week almost except the odd few either on evening or night shift. I have 43 out of 49 pay slips so far for working as we get our pay slips weekly.

Offering of shifts does get a bit light during February to July but that's understandable.

I am greatful for the job and it's nice to hear the managers say thank you at the end of the night for the hard work unlike some other places I have worked in.
Pros
Higher Rate pay after 12 weeks
Cons
less work in some parts of the year as it is agency work.
Professional and Secure job.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire29 October 2018
I have worked for the Royal Mail twice. Once in 2007 and last year 2017.

Both times were very good. I was part of the agency staff but i knew that Royal Mail did have overall better benefits and a lot more efficient. There is no time wasting and people have to work hard.

I felt a bit let down last year with the amount of excessive volume from other workers on the night shift.

At times it was hard to focus due to the noise volume. However, they were never really warned about it. Which as a mature worker, i didn't like and felt disrespectful.

However, were these noisy individuals able to do their work? yes, they were. Which is the reason they were never fired. However, i do think management as a whole need to step in and do more on the issue. It cannot be just one sided because you are having good results. Results like that don't last forever and surely at some point the gloves will come off!
Pros
Pay, job security, overtime
Cons
noise volume on night shift, lacking a leader.
Bad for anyone wanting the job that is advertised, Good for anyone wanting to improve their fitness and work very long hours
Driver/Postman (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire27 October 2018
I worked as a P/T postman......
The job description was nothing like what I experienced.
Training is minimal/help from management is virtually non existent.
The 'structure' of what's going on ranges from clueless to chaotic.
All staff are under pressure which creates a very poor work atmosphere.
The management are poorly trained and uninterested in making the job more organised, it's all about getting the mail out of the doors in the mornings - some staff bring lots back, some stay out way past their actual hours.

I did enjoy the actual job once I was out and about away from the mess that was the main depot, but from day to day you have no idea where you'll be or what time you'll work too.

Training and support is very poor.

Such a shame that this company has been left to rot, the job could be so much better.........

If you don't mind all the problems and like the idea of lots of overtime you'll fit in, but just don't expect to be doing what the job description leads you to believe.
Pros
Uniform/some good co workers/decent wage
Cons
very unorganised/ poor management/long hours/high pressure/very little training
Dedicated workforce.
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Cardiff26 October 2018
Very goid organisation to work for. Very good staff deveopment and training. Committed and ftriendly workforce. Very good rates of pay with plenty of overtime.
Pros
Good rates of pay.
Cons
Unsocial hours.
fantastic company to work for
post women (Former Employee) –  Bridgend25 October 2018
I worked at royalmail on a temporary contract, I would go to the sorting office and sort the mail for my areas then pack up the posts & small parcels.
I learned the tecnic they use for sorting mail,parcels and how the business worked.
The management where a nice people and fair, the other workers were polite and friendly.
The hardest part of the job I would say are the dogs in peoples gardens or homes.
I enjoyed going into a nice atmosphere, then sorting my mail then you where outside delivering mail whislt keeping fit and getting fresh air, meeting new people. As soon as the mail was delivered you returned to mail office that was your day over as quick as you delivered your mail.
Pros
Great pay & bonuses
Cons
Temporary contract
good workplace
night driver temp christmas cover (Former Employee) –  chelmsford RDC25 October 2018
good place to work treated same as full time staff all equipment and vehicles well maintained and all routes planned and maps given. a very laid back and good company to work for
Pros
good facilitys
Cons
Royal Mail, still one of the better employers
Temporary Christmas Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire25 October 2018
Good clean environment. Pleasant place to work. Staff are friendly enough and the job rotates enough to keep things from getting stale.

Overall I would recommend work from this employer. There is always a chance to be contacted by Angard after the work has ended (e.g christmas). Good rate of pay too.

Fairly good canteen facilities. Pool tables and tv are also available if that takes your fancy.
Pros
Good pay, clean work area
Depression is guaranteed
Postman (Current Employee) –  East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire24 October 2018
Do not work for this company. It's a hellish awful place to work. Management are bullys and will always stab each other in the back. Your body and mind will suffer and if you think you'll ever have any energy outside of work then think again.
preston
Scanner Operator (Former Employee) –  Preston23 October 2018
good team and enjoyable work it can be a nice experience looking at how we got or parcels from around the world and how that people work so hard to deliver all the parcels to the receivers
Productive place to work
Delivery Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cumbria22 October 2018
Working early mornings with a mid afternoon finish gives more family time. Good work colleges, management often worked their way up so I feel they had a really good understanding of the work place.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Mid afternoon finish times.
Energetic and fast-paced workplace
postwoman/driver (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex16 October 2018
Working on the early shift gave plenty of freedom around studying. Supportive environment to work within in the right office, with plenty of training provided
Fun workplace
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Plymstock, Devon16 October 2018
Great place to work in, facilities are great snooker tables, darts boards and fruit machines etc. Canteen great for all types of food vending machines always full.
Pros
Snooker at snack
Workplace environment
Postman (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh14 October 2018
Horrible place to work.
Arguments with management are a daily occurrence, they constantly undermine you and treat you as a number.
Uniform provided is poor ( “stormproof jacket” isn’t fully waterproof)
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Delivery office management
Place
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset12 October 2018
It was a welcoming place to be at and the staff were great and the management was great and the people were great and it was jist great overall and yeah.
work place
mail sorter (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central12 October 2018
Seasonal worker at Manchester sorting centre in Oldham road. working for an employment agency Angard. The job was not secured and they use to call me when the need me.
Very Challenging
Postman (Current Employee) –  Earl Shilton, Leicestershire11 October 2018
Its good place to work as everyday brings a different challenges. It a good job that keeps you fit as well while your working. Colleges are always there to help you when you need help.
Pros
Outdoor work
Cons
Varied hours
fast work place
Christmas Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 October 2018
temp job, work levels vary sometimes you end up finishing the work early and get sent home. supervisors go around telling you to work at unsustainable rate so that they can send you home early.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K