Royal Mail Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly
Royal Mail Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon28 June 2018
Good temporary seasonal temporary contracts over Christmas for data entry. Offer around 5 weeks contract with very rewarding pay if you are over 18-21.
Pros
Ten minute breaks every hour, listen to music
Cons
Not much opportunity for permanent job
Great place with colleagues, but need to be mentally prepared and stable
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bangor, Gwynedd26 June 2018
typical day is being on the phones talking with customers about enquiries and complaints about royal mail services. I have learnt to stand up and be more confident within my self (as i used to be very shy and nervous). Management will try their best to help you out when they can, but there is regularly miss-communications between them and this causes issues with staff down the line (when one promises leave then the other say you cant have it).work culture is pretty good within the office, between colleagues you get along well with the office, there is hardly any concerns in this area. Hardest part of the job is when you get a customer who is not prepared to listen to you or take your advise and makes you feel victimised by shouting and swearing, this is why you need to be mentally prepared and have thick skin to realise that it should not be aimed directly at you but the company you are working for, also sometimes its hard to hit expected targets. The most enjoyable part of the day is the laughs you have with your colleagues, and the fun and games the managers sometimes set up to make you feel like part of the team and appreciated.
Pros
benefits (discounts and offers)
Cons
shouting customers
Good company to work for
Government Account Director (Current Employee) –  Location independent25 June 2018
Good variety of roles available in Operations, Admin or Sales, Well know company seen in positive light by customers and public, Parcel market is growing hugely so more opportunities to work in growing sector. Quite a few employee benefits.
Pros
Good employee relationship
Cons
A little slow to move with market demands
will always go back
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Filton25 June 2018
Loved working here Always been part of a good team.
varied job roles. really good work hours suited me well.
good atmosphere in work, especially towards Christmas eve and new years eve.
Fun Place
Delivery Officer (Former Employee) –  bitterne25 June 2018
Loved my time at royal mail great work place culture management very helpful great benefits thought i retire there till i picked up shoulder injury and got ill heath retirement
friendly workplace
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Nottingham25 June 2018
we had to sort mail, we would be assigned a place to work and we would stand there all day sorting mail, doing the same thing for 8 hours, staff and management were friendl.
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Shirley, West Midlands24 June 2018
This is hands on job with its rewards and it has very well structured. If you have your team motivated then you can run an effective and efficient office.
Good job colleagues drove me out
Postman (Former Employee) –  Essex24 June 2018
Worked for Royal mail for 19years. Had good time there wages good lots of overtime. Had a lot of ups and downs there over the years, if you was not in with the groups of colleges working there you become singled out for bullying and harrsment. When I started you go in at 5am get your walk together and go out on your bike. Then 2011 they brought out sheard van then I found myself carrying the other postman I was working with after 5 years struggling I managed to get a single round working on my own, But unfortunately for me was again bullying and harassed which became to much for me to cope and snapped.
Managment wasn't helpful speaking to you like dirt and other colleagues need thick skin or be a favourite.
Colleges spreading gossip, felt like someone trying to trip you up all the time.
Pros
Wages over time
Cons
Bullying management
good place to work with good staff
Christmas Casual Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Normanton23 June 2018
Staff are nice and polite and many have a lot of experience of working for the company. The job was a good challenge and I would do it again if i was offered the post.
Pros
easy to get to
Cons
N/a
Busy and testing experience
POSTAL WORKER (Former Employee) –  Strood, Kent20 June 2018
Plenty to do and not much time to rest, the jobs can be menial and a bit on the tedious side but it is a good way for a young worker to make money in hard times.
good teamwork, good comradeship
Postman (Former Employee) –  Middlebank Doncaster - delivery19 June 2018
i was taught to value mail, value customers and the priority of the job.i enjoyed walking in the fresh air, meeting customers and all walks of life. i learnt alot of Royal Mail, group work - comradeship, working as a unit, help people if in difficulty. good terms with leadership. good or bad ? workplace was zero tolerance across the board, respect each other.
Pros
being included in your team
Cons
bad weather, if mail volume was heavy.
Management have not a clue
Parcelforce Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 June 2018
The management go by what a computer says that tells them how your route should be run , not by a very experienced human !! They say the computer says it’ll take you 45 minutes to your first drop , yes I say on a quiet Sunday morning !! Parcel force tells you off even if your one single drop off your target, you have no breaks yet they tell you to have your break ?? If you took your break you would be very late back so you fail and guess what ? You get told off for failing, you have no free life , it’s get up early work non stop for ten hours go home shattered then bed then up early then work ..... get the picture
Pros
being out of the depot
Cons
Having a manager talk to you like he’s the headmaster and your a pupil
Productive workplace
Sorting office and warehouse staff (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh18 June 2018
Productive working environment were everyone is treated well and is given plenty of opportunities to progress within the royal mail. Staff are friendly and everyone and welcoming
Very poor management structure
Postman Delivery (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire13 June 2018
Not forthcoming in telling you what you are entitled to, especially when it comes to expenses , breaks etc..Expectation that you should be at 100 mph all the time.
Pros
Secure employment
Cons
No enhancement for working saturdays. Very poor attitude towards staff
Overrated
Postman (Current Employee) –  Rickmansworth13 June 2018
Good job with good hours but high pressure from management and difficult work environment and reluctant overtime, poor pension, lack of clarity on future of company
productive workplace
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Sheffield12 June 2018
In the work place we would be constantly doing work at the same time it was fun because you see new people, and you can make friends and talk to them,the managers are quite kind and nice.
Pros
constant work but fun as well
Cons
sometimes you stand to work
Brillant company to work for
Postman (Current Employee) –  Derbyshire11 June 2018
Loved my time at royal mail I have not a bad word to say about them I am just looking for something more exciting and new I am looking for a new challenge
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Port Talbot Town11 June 2018
I enjoyed working here as there was always work to be done. Staff were always helpful and I enjoyed my time at the Royal mail sorting office in port talbot
Postal assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea11 June 2018
Friendly staff always something to do work is easy to carry out and don't really need any special skills, working hours are ok even on nights, decent cafeteria serving hot and cold food,
An interesting place too work.
Postal Sorter (Former Employee) –  Ipswich10 June 2018
Royal Mail is generally a good place to work . Bonuses and shift allowances
Plus overtime make the earning potential very rewarding. A generous holiday
Entitlement is allocated according too length of service. extra leave can also be
Purchased with a small deduction from your weekly pay. Advancement into
Management is also encouraged with training and support available too those who wish to do this.
Pros
Extra earning potential. Generous holiday entitlement.
Cons
Long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K