Royal Mail Employee Reviews

Active and productive
Postal Sorting Worker (Current Employee) –  Fulwood22 January 2018
Each time I attend the sorting office I leave with a sense of achievement and having done a good job.Being an agency worker, I have no fixed job area and consequently move around the sorting area doing various jobs. This varied approach results in an interesting understanding of the postal process.
Pros
Opportunity to accept or decline shifts
Cons
Cannot think of any
parcel sorter
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands22 January 2018
was friendly staff, job was easy to learn and do, no hard part of the job, as i like to constantly be active to get the parcels sent out to the correct location on time.
A great place and environment to work
Post person/ delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Halesowen, West Midlands22 January 2018
A great place to work, friendly and a fantastic bunch to work with. A job that keeps you fit and as a great customer base. You get to meet a variety of people and the job can become very rewarding.
Pros
Great people..
Cons
Walking is a little long
Productive and fun workplace
Postman (Former Employee) –  Berkshire22 January 2018
I would start work at 6am...which I did not mind as I loved the job.The work routine was very regular... which I like....ie a general sorting of postal mail,then preparing the mail into bundles and pouches for delivery.Obviously the workload would vary...this is all part of the job requirement.The working atmosphere was good and fun at that time.
Pros
Early start Early finish
Cons
Delivering mail in heavy rain.... difficult to keep it dry
Challenging role in period of transformation
External Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 January 2018
Was part of the consultation team working on the reorganisation of UK post Office provisions so lots of public engagement and political meetings. These were often challenging while working under time pressure.
Life at Royal Mail
Royal Mail Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Bathgate, West Lothian21 January 2018
Working for the Royal Mail allowed me to try many new things and learn new experiences within this line of work. The pay was a day later than expected sometimes, but over all a good experience.
Pros
Free sweets on Fridays
Cons
Productive and fun to work for
Mail sorter (Former Employee) –  Bathgatr21 January 2018
It is easy work all you are doing is sorting the Mail in to the right post code. The Managment are good if you need if you need more training You work at your own pace
Well paying job
Postman (Current Employee) –  Wisbech, Cambridgeshire20 January 2018
The job is perfect for someone who wants to put as many hours as possible per week into it, in the last 5 years the workload has become around 40% higher and the time and equipment given to compleat your tasks have not been changed to adjust to this sadly hence i am seeking other employment
nice place to work
sorting letters (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire20 January 2018
sometimes they gave hardwork like lifting parcels..the mangers were very friendly..the security is very good..they gace sufficient breaktime.the permanent employee were helping
Customer Serives /Complaints Adviser (Former Employee) –  Doxford19 January 2018
Long hours which I allways seemed to be on the late shift, No oppertunity for advancement as they only use agency staff. Very high turn over of staff.
Versatile
MDEC Data handler (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent19 January 2018
The job doesn't require a lot of skills and is beneficial for those seeking for experience. The pay was good and didn't demand much - and were willing to further extend your position with the Royal Mail if they deemed you to be a credit to the team. It was a quiet job however It's only a temporary position.
Pros
Easily accessible
Cons
Only a month's partnership
Productive, Repetitive, Fast
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Newtownabbey19 January 2018
I worked at Royal Mail as a Christmas Casual from 1st December 2017- 22nd December 2017. Monday - Friday 17:00 - 22:00. Working here aloud me to gain independent and teamwork skills. Working long hours (overtime) with different managers and other colleagues. Working here aloud me to work under pressure with a fast pace with the Christmas load meeting time deadlines.
Pros
Salary, friendly colleagues
Cons
Repetitive
Mail Sorter
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 January 2018
I undertake mail sorting duties on an ad-hoc basis for this organisation and often attend at short notice.
Duties include:
• Sorting mail by hand, into address order on a sorting frame
• Operating automated mail handling equipment, known as integrated mail processors (IMPs)
Review summary
Postman/Driver (Former Employee) –  Cricklewood18 January 2018
Sorting and delivering mail by van, trolley and foot.
Working in all weather conditions, from 6am to 2 or 3pm.
5 days a week, Sunday and another day on rotation off.
Job Role various Job roles Manager/Postman (Former Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex18 January 2018
My typical day would be delivering letters or collecting from companies, I would also be driving around the country delivering mail, I would also work inside the building sorting post ready for dispaatching
Exellent
Royal mail platform operator (Former Employee) –  Cardiff17 January 2018
I enjoyed the Royal mail so much i was gutted when my time came to an end as a casual on the platform. All the managers we great and friendly towards me. I was asked to continue for 2 extra weeks during my time as a casual and had people who work there full time ask me to defiantly apply when a job comes up
Fun and easy to get along with
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear17 January 2018
They had little perks that made the day fun and all the staff and management were easy to talk to if u had any problems. The staff also would help if u had any difficulties outside of work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Atherstone17 January 2018
Royal Mail is a great and hard working place to work, as everyone knows what they need to do and get their job done.
A typical day at work was great but still got the job done.
Pros
Friendly staff
christmas casual
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon17 January 2018
good to work with the royal mail over the Christmas period
and pay well over the busy time of the year and friendly and confident staff..............
Management of driving transport is not ok
HGV Driver class 1 (Former Employee) –  COVENTRY HUB16 January 2018
Money is ok but start times ar not ok.Not happy whit that .But so is whwn you working for royal mail true agencies.But if you like afternoon and night shift is ok.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K