Royal Mail Employee Reviews

Found 3,161 reviews matching the search See all 3,225 reviews
great job
Postman (Former Employee) –  letters, UK17 September 2018
great place to work with benefits of a good workout. early mornings with lots of walking involved, great if you want to keep fit whilst being paid for it.
Excellent working place
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Cardiff14 September 2018
In the mail centre I had to cover various indoor roles in a warehouse environment, moving York trolleys around safely, sorting parcels and letters manually and even operating machinery. It was a fast paced environment and I had to be working up to efficient methods to meet royal mail's business performance targets, at such a critical time of the year. The mail centre can process over a million items in a shift, which means that teamwork is vital in this work environment in order to make that happen.
Amazing short term job
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon14 September 2018
This short term Christmas casual employment was not only well payed and professional but also enjoyable as the people there are very welcoming and converstational. Overall a great work opportunity.
Pros
Hours are available for all types of people
Nice steady job
Postman (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon14 September 2018
Royal Mail pay well for what you do and when I was there it was job and knock, so sooner you had delivered your mail you could go home. I believe this has changed recently. All in all a nice place to work and keeps you fit.
Pros
Good pay, keeps you fit
Cons
fun and a great worklife balance
Postman (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands13 September 2018
Great job with great benefits. Ideal for people who want part time hours to work around children and families. Would highly recommend. Pension and working facilities are 10/10
Liars
Postal Worker (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Highland12 September 2018
Poor training.

Dishonest culture.

Arrogant management

Red tape galour.

No support in development of staff.

No problem under paying and demotivating staff but expecting far more in return. It's all take with them.
Organised workplace
Warehouse operator (Former Employee) –  London, UK12 September 2018
The place of work is organised in professional way every one knows what to do by guiding of managers.
I have learned that working as a team makes the impossible happen.
More difficult than it sounds
Postman (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent11 September 2018
A typical day at Royal Mail includes preparing and delivering mail and packages - preparation typically takes 2 - 3 hours, delivery and other related tasks typically takes about 5 hours. As Royal Mail has now been privatised, the focus within the company is primarily to cut down on costs, so the job is slowly becoming more efficient, and thus more challenging. It is also surprisingly physically taxing - some deliveries involve walking 10 - 12 miles each day. Many new employees leave quickly as a result of this.
Same old Royal Snail
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester11 September 2018
Learn nothing but boring repetitive processes, waiting to be automated by computer software. Management clueless - everybody is grumbling all the time and convinced the place is shutting down. One rule for posties and management and another rule for everybody else. Culture of "this is the way it's always been done". Hardest part of the job is not blowing your brains out. Most enjoyable clocking off at 4 o'clock.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Dead end
Financial service Assistant
Financial Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire11 September 2018
This was a very busy place to work, ever changing and very exciting.
I dealt with customers all day and colleagues as well.
It was a 7 am start, and it was a constant stream of work, no day was the same, which I found exciting.
Pros
Cons
Non
Forced over time lack of support
post person (Current Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire10 September 2018
Alot of being told what you can and can't manage.
Bullied into over time by management made to feel bad if you can't. Forced over time on large untested walks.
No breaks of you want to finish in time and then you have to to be paid the money for over time
Pros
Get fit
Cons
No full time, no breaks every day is a fight with management
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kirkby, Merseyside8 September 2018
Looking for a change 37 years time for me to do summit simarlar for a new company.like to drive an deliver around not just the same route day day out so hopefully someone can give me a job av got tons of exspearance.
Job like a workout
Postman (Current Employee) –  Swansea8 September 2018
I go into work at 6am. Sort the mail and parcels out until around 8.30am. Then get our delivery ready and out we go. My delivery is a 10 mile walk 6 days a week come rain or shine.
Pros
Keep fit. Meet the public
Cons
Physical job. No breaks.
Great employers
Postman (Former Employee) –  London4 September 2018
Great company who look after there employees , job security, job satisfaction can be obtained, a growing business that can provide security for you and your family
Pros
Free stamps at Xmas
Cons
Winter
Work experience
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London4 September 2018
I did work experience at royal mail as a administrator and it was very beneficial towards getting my current job as a warehouse operative. I also was given a free trip up the Shard.
Bullied, harassed and insulted, not paid overtime
Postal Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridgeshire3 September 2018
The job in general was good, the hours good and the customers great
The co workers great,
but
the manager bullied me, swore at me, insulted me!
Excused at Banter, no excuse.
Took it higher but told that the depots are working mens club atmospheres and staff were too worried about their jobs to speak up.

Head office refused to do anything about it and i envy the Grimsby staff all working out, at least they all stuck together. I left due to the cruelty,
Good work enviroment
Postman/Driver (Former Employee) –  Cupar3 September 2018
Enjoyed the driving,meeting deadlines getting the job done.Friendly working enviroment,hours take a bit of getting used to especially the early mornings but as I was mainly doing collections in afternoon/evening that wasnt a problem.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Strike happy union
Postman is not easy
Postman (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire2 September 2018
Working for royal mail was not great.They do not give you full time work unless you have been there over 2 years.This I found out early on.The money I was getting was very poor so had to look elsewhere.
Pros
good for early risers
Cons
poor salary no ful time work for 2 years from starting
fun place
Post woman/Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire30 August 2018
This was the best place to make a living and full of fun.There was flexibility team work and a lot of support from everyone.Always busy Productive and a lot of stuff to learn.Fun activities for charity too
fun place to work.
Postwomen (Former Employee) –  Ammanford29 August 2018
I loved working for Royal Mail. I would sort and deliver the post. the job started to become unreasonable with too much of the door to door without being paid extra, or at all for it. the managers wanted much more from you without paying the extra. the routes were becoming much longer but the time was not being given to accommodate it.
Pros
out and about, seeing lots of people, and the banter in the office.
Cons
managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K