Royal Mail Employee Reviews for Sorter

work
Indoor Sorter (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff6 February 2018
Indoor mail sorter, Almost from to start to finish, i would be indoors sorting letters, parcels and so, Carefully reading the packages and making sure they are delivered on time.
Pros
bouns pay
Cons
Not getting paid for breaks
Very nice place to work and friendly workplace.
Post sorter (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk3 February 2018
Very nice place to work and friendly workplace.Good salary, friendly people ,nice environment, good organisation.
I learnt how the postal system work and enjoy my job to helping people all the time.
Daunting
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands31 January 2018
I didn't enjoy working for the royal mail, as I feel like it's not for me, as there wasn't alot of moving space and the other co workers didn't feel like they wanted to work there at all.
Pros
Great for gaining skills
Cons
Can be a daunting atsmophire
good workplace
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Atherstone, Warwickshire26 January 2018
only worked there for a short while over the chirstmas break but it was good and played well lovely people and would definately take another job there
Pros
good break and holiday pay
parcel sorter
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands22 January 2018
was friendly staff, job was easy to learn and do, no hard part of the job, as i like to constantly be active to get the parcels sent out to the correct location on time.
Fun and Flexible
Parcel Sorter - Collections (Current Employee) –  Brighton9 January 2018
Flexible, great working hours wonderful and helpful staff. Winter times can be little harder due to the weather conditions however the job is still fun as you get to interact with friendly people through the working shift. The independent side of the job is what I consider to be the best part of the jobs, just do your rounds and head back.
Pros
Working hours, independence
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Bathgate9 January 2018
I had a great time working here, staff could not be more help in getting you started & happy go friendly place to work. definitely a great place to work.
Great company
Sorter (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 January 2018
Good Company , Good salary, Team work , busy area , good managers , i really enjoyed work for them . The staff was friendly also the managers . I would like to work for them again
Pros
Not Applicable
Fun workplace
Parcel Sorter (Christmas vacancy) (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton4 January 2018
I really enjoyed working at royal mail and I made some new friends whilst working here which helped me build up my confidence up more and I did learn quite a bit. It was an easy job to do
nice company to work for
Parcel sorter (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton4 January 2018
sorting mail into post-code areas. I learned how to do the job I did. the managers where very helpful and pleasant people. we as employees where very organised by our shift managers. standing for ten hours a shift. work was easy to grasp to a new employee who had never work there before.
Pros
great pay rate
Productive and professional environment
Casual sorter (Former Employee) –  London3 January 2018
Learnt working in a team.Building relationship with the team and multi-tasking.
Workplace culture is excellent
Sorting parcels and mails withvarying tasks.
this was a really interesting job and would like to do this again
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex27 December 2017
I was only here for the Christmas period, but really enjoyed this experience. I really would like to work for this company again but as I can not drive at the moment they want people who can drive.
Pros
only being for the christmas period
Cons
woking in a team and everyone really was kind to me.
Fun workplace
PARCEL SORTER (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire25 November 2017
Royal mail is a fun work place. The Managers and the staff are very friendly and nice when it comes talking and interacting with them. It is even more fun to work with more than 2 people.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
fun working place
Parcel Sorter (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands15 November 2017
i have learnt everything from royal mail about on how your sort out parcels and letters plus helping each other out as a team and listening to each others.
Postal Sorter (Former Employee) –  Derby Mail Centre9 November 2017
Royal Mail is a good place to work. The pay is good. The work is shift work depending on where you work. Delivery work is fixed working five days out of six with a different day off each week.The job is hard but the people you work with are good humoured. The hardest part of the job is not knowing how much Mail you to sort in fixed amount of time. The best thing was when all the Mail was sorted and dispatched on time.
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Atherstone5 November 2017
Managers are very friendly and are very reasonable with hours you can and cannot work. You do get a fair break if you work long hours. And pay is very good.
Pros
Fair pay
Good place
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow20 October 2017
Good place to work as you are well looked after. They have a canteen a games room with pool and snooker + other games and a tv room for break times good place
Pros
Games room
Cons
Productive workplace with a chill environment
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham11 October 2017
atmosphere is pretty chilled out but also has an emphasis on efficiency. management is good and the workload is not as stressful although there are large deadlines to meet on some days.
Pros
firm but fair management and good atmosphere
Cons
can be tiring standing in one place
excellent
parcel sorter (Current Employee) –  Dorcan Swindon3 October 2017
Royal Mail is brilliant i enjoy the job and i am very committed. i am responsible for inward parcels Swindon, Reading and Oxford.
I have just finished a 6 week project in Swindon and then 2 trial weeks in Reading but the project results were not viable and that particular contract ended.
Pros
breaks are very flexible
Cons
0 hrs contract it is a daily text job, and getting through on the phones is very hard.
Enjoyable place to work
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead1 October 2017
I enjoyed sorting letters and parcels in a fun environment. I learned new skills as I had not sorted this kind of product before. All the team members were pleasant to work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K