Royal Mail Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Easy and fun work place
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire9 August 2018
I enjoyed going to work as the salary was good and the management meant that everybody worked at the their full potential which made it fair for everybody.
Christmas Casual Worker
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear15 July 2018
I worked for the NHS and took early retirement in September 2016. The same day I retired I noticed an advert in the local newspaper for Christmas Staff for the Royal Mail as i had always wanted to be a postman while at school. I thought this would be an ideal opportunity to apply for a job within the Royal Mail . My application went through and I was invited to attend for interview which I did and I was given a job for Late November/December 2016 and absolutely loved the job. At the end of every Shift a manager came around thanking us all for the days work that we had done.
Pros
Recognised for the work done
A good first job
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Patchway5 July 2018
I enjoyed the experience and I would do it again .Worked on the Christmas rush at the main sorting office in Filton Bristol.
Duties ranged from sorting, through to building transport boxes for various packages.
Professional and enjoyable
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Exeter1 July 2018
I worked in the warehouse, sorting parcels and letters by post code. It could be kind of boring sometimes but you can bring headphones and play your own music which is really nice.

Being on your feet the whole time can be a paid so make sure to wear comfortable shoes.

The people are really friendly and there's a canteen with a restaurant that functions Monday to Friday, not just vending machines.

I had the Christmas temporary weekend job that was great for a little extra money over the holidays and there was room for overtime which was great, and being away from customer service was a nice break.

Only downside was that people would throw the parcels over your head into the correct containers which wouldn't be good for someone who's very flinchy or nervous.
Pros
Good pay, bring your own music, dont have to talk to anyone
Cons
Lots of throwing
will always go back
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Filton25 June 2018
Loved working here Always been part of a good team.
varied job roles. really good work hours suited me well.
good atmosphere in work, especially towards Christmas eve and new years eve.
good place to work with good staff
Christmas Casual Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Normanton23 June 2018
Staff are nice and polite and many have a lot of experience of working for the company. The job was a good challenge and I would do it again if i was offered the post.
Pros
easy to get to
Cons
N/a
Productive and fun
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Belfast20 May 2018
The work itself is not hard at all. The staff and managers are very friendly and easy to work with. Nice facilities available to staff. Good approach to workplace equality.
Pros
Good facilities
Great Company, Hard to find a Permanent Contract
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset9 May 2018
Loved working for royal mail, they treated the staff well, the management team were great and friendly... Its extremely hard to keep a contract other than temp ones at Christmas time though, as they are overwhelmed with applications.
Pros
Good Work/life Balance, Great Pay
Cons
Temp Contracts
Good
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  North Shields1 May 2018
Decent job. A typical day required us to sort post sacks into first and second class, keep the area clean and divide letters into groups. The management were very nice, and the workplace culture was overall friendly.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Getting to the place of work
fun place to work
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  nine elms25 April 2018
this was only a Christmas job for me but meet some amazing people was really fun and really enjoyed my time here it has a great environment and the managers are amazing
Pros
great management
Cons
late nights
Fun and Easy going
Royal Mail Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Plymouth16 April 2018
An easy going workplace with an understanding manager and work staff. Good salary with flexible hours and a good long brake. The only downfall is that you are standing for long hours in a row.
Pros
Long brakes
Cons
Always standing up
ok work
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Cardiff2 April 2018
sorting the parcels out into correct postcode areas
sorting the tracked mail out
porting at the end of my shift
sorting the letters into correct areas
Pros
free coffee/tea
Cons
standing for long periods
Boring workplace
Christmas Casual Staff (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant22 March 2018
I didn't enjoy working here because my role was rather boring. The management was bureaucratic therefore the process of even the smallest of things like requesting a different shift would take long.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
boring work
Busy workplace
Christmas Casual Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire20 March 2018
A very hectic workplace which meant the time went quickly. It was great to come across such a variety of people from differing backgrounds, interests and ages.

Learned to work as part of a team but also was left to carry on with our duties when necessary. The hardest part of the job was when the first class post needed to be dealt with as this was so time crucial.
Pros
Meet some great people from variety of backgrounds, ages etc.
Cons
Working environment chaotic and impersonal. Space at break times was very limited.
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire21 February 2018
Although it's a lot of work, it isn't exactly hard. Once you get your head around all the different things you've got to do, it's an easy and simple job.
Pros
Good amount of breaks
Cons
Boring and time consuming
Post office sorter in Chester
Christmas Casual Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  chester16 February 2018
Managerment on the whole well Trained
Atmosphere is good
Work long Hours on your feet all shift
A lot of general staff treat zero hours, part time staff like slaves look down on them. But on chatting to them seem friendly enough.
Royal Mail treat zero hours contract staff as badly as every other company else, For example calling people in for a full shift on bank hoildays then only giving a couple of hours work. Cutting shifts short at a moments notice. Is my personnall experience.
So if your on a zero hour contract dont turn in for them on a bank hoilday you are in danger of getting few hours pay at best.
Overall they treat people well but zero hours staff can be short changed.
Pros
Atmosphere is good, The Managerment help you if you need it.
Cons
Long Hours, zero hours staff get treated badly on hours, pay
productive
Springfield Chelmsford Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex13 February 2018
Christmas temp job, good working environment. Very efficiently run with everyone knowing what their job role is and left to get on with it. Money good for what the job involved
Very nice place to work.
Christmas casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymstock, Devon12 February 2018
I been working with RM few times on Christmas time and even is busy and repetitive is a nice job to do.
Managers and other staff are very nice and friendly, the environment is very safe and warm even on winter time. You can listen music with your device (and it's a good bonus for me) and they let you freedom to organise your tasks.
Sadly the management is getting worse due the privatisation of the Postal service.
Pros
Flexible tasks, nice management and people.
Cons
Privatisation of the service.
a very interesting place to work
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Sheffield6 February 2018
great atmosphere. lovely people to work with and the works pretty easy too. manager are easy to talk to and do listen if you have any problems and do try and sort them for you
Hard work but enjoyable
Christmas Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds5 February 2018
I was employed as a Christmas Casual. The work can be hard but I've always enjoyed the atmosphere and working with the other members of staff. The hours were good as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K