Royal Mail Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Post office sorter in Chester
Christmas Casual Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  chester16 February 2018
Managerment on the whole well Trained
Atmosphere is good
Work long Hours on your feet all shift
A lot of general staff treat zero hours, part time staff like slaves look down on them. But on chatting to them seem friendly enough.
Royal Mail treat zero hours contract staff as badly as every other company else, For example calling people in for a full shift on bank hoildays then only giving a couple of hours work. Cutting shifts short at a moments notice. Is my personnall experience.
So if your on a zero hour contract dont turn in for them on a bank hoilday you are in danger of getting few hours pay at best.
Overall they treat people well but zero hours staff can be short changed.
Pros
Atmosphere is good, The Managerment help you if you need it.
Cons
Long Hours, zero hours staff get treated badly on hours, pay
productive
Springfield Chelmsford Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex13 February 2018
Christmas temp job, good working environment. Very efficiently run with everyone knowing what their job role is and left to get on with it. Money good for what the job involved
Very nice place to work.
Christmas casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymstock, Devon12 February 2018
I been working with RM few times on Christmas time and even is busy and repetitive is a nice job to do.
Managers and other staff are very nice and friendly, the environment is very safe and warm even on winter time. You can listen music with your device (and it's a good bonus for me) and they let you freedom to organise your tasks.
Sadly the management is getting worse due the privatisation of the Postal service.
Pros
Flexible tasks, nice management and people.
Cons
Privatisation of the service.
a very interesting place to work
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Sheffield6 February 2018
great atmosphere. lovely people to work with and the works pretty easy too. manager are easy to talk to and do listen if you have any problems and do try and sort them for you
Hard work but enjoyable
Christmas Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds5 February 2018
I was employed as a Christmas Casual. The work can be hard but I've always enjoyed the atmosphere and working with the other members of staff. The hours were good as well.
Nice workplace
Christmas Casual Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Medway2 February 2018
My time at Royal Mail was much better that I imagined at first,
Soon after starting I enjoyed the goo disposition of the managers to help us understand the job.
Altogether my time with them was very nice and I would like to do it again.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No paid lunch break
Prouctive and Fun workplacd
Christmas Casual Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Warrington26 January 2018
Great managment, very good place to work. Short breaks this year but I did enjoy working there. Easy work during the night shift. Was a pleasure working for this company
Life at Royal Mail
Royal Mail Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Bathgate, West Lothian21 January 2018
Working for the Royal Mail allowed me to try many new things and learn new experiences within this line of work. The pay was a day later than expected sometimes, but over all a good experience.
Pros
Free sweets on Fridays
Productive, Repetitive, Fast
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Newtownabbey19 January 2018
I worked at Royal Mail as a Christmas Casual from 1st December 2017- 22nd December 2017. Monday - Friday 17:00 - 22:00. Working here aloud me to gain independent and teamwork skills. Working long hours (overtime) with different managers and other colleagues. Working here aloud me to work under pressure with a fast pace with the Christmas load meeting time deadlines.
Pros
Salary, friendly colleagues
Cons
Repetitive
christmas casual
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon17 January 2018
good to work with the royal mail over the Christmas period
and pay well over the busy time of the year and friendly and confident staff..............
Mismanaged but friendly people to work with.
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Great Sankey9 January 2018
At times the management didn't have a clue what they were doing and stood around trying to work out what to do next even though the royal mail is busy every Christmas. Spent too much time being moved about and being retrained in different job roles which took time and once you got the hang of it moved onto something else and process started again. On my first was told that I would watch a training video but was never shown it.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
unorganised
Christmas Casual
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester4 January 2018
1. Sign in first and then what we did was to scan parcels and place them into the correct Yorkie according to the post code/area. Then we would have to push the Yorkies into the loading bays for the postal lorries. This was good physical work.

We would then collect more Yorkies and scan more parcels. We would set up the Yorkies as well so that they had the postcodes and regions for the parcels.

2. Sorting letters into the frame according to post code. Collect all the letters in preparation for dispatch.

Worked with a great crowd of people. The night shift generally flew by what with all the Christmas post.

Management was good and direct. Generally explained things well.

Hardest part of the job would be to stay awake especially if you had never done a night shift before.
productive and fun
casual christmas sorter (Current Employee) –  Eastleigh, Hampshire30 December 2017
had great time at Royal Mail Group and really enjoyd it. Fantastic work with great payment. So sorry only for a short term.
With lots of breaks in the night shifft. Fantastic colleguas.
Pros
nice Canteen
Cons
good hours
productive workplace
Christmas casual worker (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff17 December 2017
It was only job before Christmas, so it means it was temporary vacancy.
I was sorting letters and parcels to relevant UK postcodes.
Hours were very good as I used to have only one morning shift.
Good job. Shame it was temp
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Torquay, Devon13 December 2017
A good company to work for with prospect's and a job for life. Many different position's with full training provided. Good rate of pay with extra for late/ weekend work.
fun
Christmas Casual Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Bradford16 November 2017
Part of my job was to sort parcels into different area codes from London all the way to Leeds. We work as part of a large team in one of our processing or distribution centres, sorting mail either by hand or machine. Our main role is sorting mail/packets by hand or machine, bundling it into bags and containers in order for it to be forwarded to local delivery offices. As a sorter we needed to ensure parcels are in the right place for delivery or dispatch.
Good Place to work
Mail Sorter (Christmas casual) (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire31 October 2017
I have worked in Royal mail as a mail sorter christmas casual job for 2 times each for 2 months.Good place to work for a part time job, learnt a lot of new stuff how to sort the mails and also timings are very flexible.
busy work place
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  postage sorter26 October 2017
December 2004 – December 2004 (Christmas temp) – Royal Mail – Postage Sorter
• Sorted the mail by postcodes
• Sent the mail to the correct area with the appropriate tags
• Placed mail in the bags in correct frame
• Working accurately towards deadlines
• Ensuring the cleanliness of the area was kept to a high standard
Christmas Casual
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk16 October 2017
Working night shifts, sorting mail for delivery throughout Suffolk. The team was friendly and the line manager was considerate and accommodating. I enjoyed my time working there and would do it again, if I still lived in Ipswich.
Pros
Easy going line manager
Cons
None to think of.
sadfsdafsadf
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Farringdon, Greater London5 October 2017
Typical day was monotonous.
Management was helpful.
The hardest part of the job was meeting the high speeds required.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting a decent pay packet just before Christmas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K