Royal Mail Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Fun place to work
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Deb8 October 2018
Worked with some nice people . Good job to have would of loved to stay on as a member of the Royal Mail team . Some of the old guys are a bit stuck in the ways but a love set of guys to work with
Pros
Early finish
Cons
Early start
Excellent working place
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Cardiff14 September 2018
In the mail centre I had to cover various indoor roles in a warehouse environment, moving York trolleys around safely, sorting parcels and letters manually and even operating machinery. It was a fast paced environment and I had to be working up to efficient methods to meet royal mail's business performance targets, at such a critical time of the year. The mail centre can process over a million items in a shift, which means that teamwork is vital in this work environment in order to make that happen.
Amazing short term job
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon14 September 2018
This short term Christmas casual employment was not only well payed and professional but also enjoyable as the people there are very welcoming and converstational. Overall a great work opportunity.
Pros
Hours are available for all types of people
Christmas casual Mail sorter
Christmas Casual Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Aston, West Midlands28 August 2018
working well as team
coomunication skills
hardworking, motivated, reliabe
time management, coming in time to work
sorting out letters of people sent to use. using the letter and putting it in thier right location.
Warehouse environment, organised.
Temporary Christmas Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 August 2018
The Royal mail was organised considering how busy it got.
The staff are friendly and helpful.
Warehouse environment, a lot of standing and walking around the place.
canteen area for breaks.
horrible place to work
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Greenford23 August 2018
managers were rude and arrogant had little to no staff for staff complaints/worries and fired more than ten people while i was there for a moth for little to nothing.
Good atmosphere, varied (not boring)
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 August 2018
Although I only worked there as a Christmas casual I did enjoy it,. possibly because it was a new experience. There was variety in the job as I was not left doing one task although it was Christmas and I would be moved to where extra staff were required. I was given good instructions on a any task I had not done before. I felt it was a good atmosphere to work in and have been watching for any vacancies that might come up. I worked in the foreign section so did not experience much of the rest of the other sections but I would say it is well organised where management are fully aware of how everything is progressing. Seeing how permanent employees behaved towards others and how they seemed content at work is a good measure of the type of workplace it is assuming it is the same all year and not because it was the festive season.
Pros
Well organised, good working conditions
Cons
I was only there for Christmas
Easy and fun work place
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire9 August 2018
I enjoyed going to work as the salary was good and the management meant that everybody worked at the their full potential which made it fair for everybody.
Christmas Casual Worker
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear15 July 2018
I worked for the NHS and took early retirement in September 2016. The same day I retired I noticed an advert in the local newspaper for Christmas Staff for the Royal Mail as i had always wanted to be a postman while at school. I thought this would be an ideal opportunity to apply for a job within the Royal Mail . My application went through and I was invited to attend for interview which I did and I was given a job for Late November/December 2016 and absolutely loved the job. At the end of every Shift a manager came around thanking us all for the days work that we had done.
Pros
Recognised for the work done
A good first job
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Patchway5 July 2018
I enjoyed the experience and I would do it again .Worked on the Christmas rush at the main sorting office in Filton Bristol.
Duties ranged from sorting, through to building transport boxes for various packages.
Professional and enjoyable
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Exeter1 July 2018
I worked in the warehouse, sorting parcels and letters by post code. It could be kind of boring sometimes but you can bring headphones and play your own music which is really nice.

Being on your feet the whole time can be a paid so make sure to wear comfortable shoes.

The people are really friendly and there's a canteen with a restaurant that functions Monday to Friday, not just vending machines.

I had the Christmas temporary weekend job that was great for a little extra money over the holidays and there was room for overtime which was great, and being away from customer service was a nice break.

Only downside was that people would throw the parcels over your head into the correct containers which wouldn't be good for someone who's very flinchy or nervous.
Pros
Good pay, bring your own music, dont have to talk to anyone
Cons
Lots of throwing
will always go back
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Filton25 June 2018
Loved working here Always been part of a good team.
varied job roles. really good work hours suited me well.
good atmosphere in work, especially towards Christmas eve and new years eve.
good place to work with good staff
Christmas Casual Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Normanton23 June 2018
Staff are nice and polite and many have a lot of experience of working for the company. The job was a good challenge and I would do it again if i was offered the post.
Pros
easy to get to
Cons
N/a
Productive and fun
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Belfast20 May 2018
The work itself is not hard at all. The staff and managers are very friendly and easy to work with. Nice facilities available to staff. Good approach to workplace equality.
Pros
Good facilities
Great Company, Hard to find a Permanent Contract
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset9 May 2018
Loved working for royal mail, they treated the staff well, the management team were great and friendly... Its extremely hard to keep a contract other than temp ones at Christmas time though, as they are overwhelmed with applications.
Pros
Good Work/life Balance, Great Pay
Cons
Temp Contracts
Good
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  North Shields1 May 2018
Decent job. A typical day required us to sort post sacks into first and second class, keep the area clean and divide letters into groups. The management were very nice, and the workplace culture was overall friendly.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Getting to the place of work
fun place to work
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  nine elms25 April 2018
this was only a Christmas job for me but meet some amazing people was really fun and really enjoyed my time here it has a great environment and the managers are amazing
Pros
great management
Cons
late nights
Fun and Easy going
Royal Mail Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Plymouth16 April 2018
An easy going workplace with an understanding manager and work staff. Good salary with flexible hours and a good long brake. The only downfall is that you are standing for long hours in a row.
Pros
Long brakes
Cons
Always standing up
ok work
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Cardiff2 April 2018
sorting the parcels out into correct postcode areas
sorting the tracked mail out
porting at the end of my shift
sorting the letters into correct areas
Pros
free coffee/tea
Cons
standing for long periods
Boring workplace
Christmas Casual Staff (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant22 March 2018
I didn't enjoy working here because my role was rather boring. The management was bureaucratic therefore the process of even the smallest of things like requesting a different shift would take long.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
boring work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K