Royal Mail Employee Reviews for Mail Sorter

mail sorter
Royal Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire19 February 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at royal mail learning the mail sorting bull ring then got put on dispatch which I enjoyed working in a string team of workers and having a tight unit of getting people loaded on time and out working over the busy Christmas period black Friday cyber Monday and generally busy days
Pros
leant dispatch and paperwork
Cons
it was only temp
MY time in Royal mail
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Bathgate, West Lothian16 February 2018
Worked on and off now for many years hard to get full time, great company good pay overall, I was not pushed hard for the work I done, plenty of over time available if you want to make money.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Short breaks
Royal Mail
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire15 February 2018
Royal mail is a good company and their once again provided a great amount of opportunity for a variety of people. My role usually consisted of sorting out mail in the building into the chosen categories.
good place of work
Mail sorter (Current Employee) –  Daventry14 February 2018
Good place to work, very busy and can easily get permanent. Only down fall is why am I being forced to leave a feedback on top it has to be 150 characters?
sorter
Royal Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol8 February 2018
good job , nice salary, hard work long hours but easy to make friends and pretty hard to mess up. Management make sure you know what you are doing and are there if needed.
Pros
good money
Physically demanding at times
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire29 January 2018
Although the work in itself was very straightforward, we were often very pressed for time, if not running behind.

Organisation could have been improved.
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication
workplace
Casual Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham26 January 2018
i enjoyed working for royal mail but only issue is pay which was terrible. Royal mail was very busy while i was working for them.The staff where very friendly.
Pros
poor pay
Cons
no long hours
Productive and fun workplace
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent26 January 2018
In the mail sorting office at Royal Mail you were required to sit at your computer and sort all of the incoming mail into the different area codes and locations to which they belong. This was generally an easy job as it was very repetitive and time went quite quickly. The hardest part of this job would simply remembering the different keys which would need to be used on each piece of mail.
Great mangers and joyful
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands25 January 2018
Great company, everyone gets along with each other. I learnt that if you have a good environment around you do work will get done quicker and to high standers
Pros
Cons
not enough hours
Happy fun work place
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands25 January 2018
Really good environment safe happy
Friendly staff busy work environment
Lovely staff
Great work can be tiring but happy to work happy
................
Not great
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire22 January 2018
It was an as and when needed job that I was relying on so I didn't have enough shifts to pay the bills. For weeks at a time, I would have nothing. I enjoyed meeting new people and the fact they take people on although they have no experience.
Productive and fun to work for
Mail sorter (Former Employee) –  Bathgatr21 January 2018
It is easy work all you are doing is sorting the Mail in to the right post code. The Managment are good if you need if you need more training You work at your own pace
Mail Sorter
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 January 2018
I undertake mail sorting duties on an ad-hoc basis for this organisation and often attend at short notice.
Duties include:
• Sorting mail by hand, into address order on a sorting frame
• Operating automated mail handling equipment, known as integrated mail processors (IMPs)
Productive place
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Swindon15 January 2018
Normally, I would separate the first class, second class and return letter into different boxes. I learnt to manage my time, work efficiently and communicate well with my fellow workers. I think that the job wasn't too organised because at times we would be randomly pulled out and sent to machinery work which we weren't allowed to do. Therefore we would have to inform the manager that we aren't allowed. The hardest part was standing for hours in one spot for 5 hours with only a 15 minute break. However, the most enjoyable part was meeting new people who were around my age.
Pros
Very well payed job
Cons
Unorganised managers
Christmas casual sorting out parcels and letters
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Hanworth14 January 2018
everyday was very busy as you can expect at Royal mail Jubilee center. It was fun to work with so many people from different backgrounds. Managers were great and very demanding and professional at the same time. The job was physically demanding as we as ateam had to handle tousands of parcels every od various sizes. I got the knowledge of quite a few postcode areas and hoe effectively and efficienty we get our parcels and letters delivered to our doorstep. I made many friends who are still in contact with me.
Pros
fun to work
Not a bad place
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Greenford, Greater London13 January 2018
Can be very boring and repetitive but luckily I wasn't confined to one area and I worked in nearly all departments. I learnt a lot about Postcodes, and coped with completing tasks in a fast paced atmosphere. Some managers are excellent and some are not good at leading or are simply jobsworths. I didn't find anything hard, and I found porting the mail the most enjoyable part of the job.
Cons
No free break
Fun and welcoming place to work
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Burtonwood and Winwick12 January 2018
National Living Wage
Benefits for working extra hours
Weekend pay goes up
Friendly Working Environment
Care about staff wellbeing
Are still there for you even after you leave
Pros
National Living Wage
Cons
Can become repetitive
productive and fun workplace
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire10 January 2018
get into office and prepare mail for individual rounds then go out and deliver mail i learned how to b a good team player and to be calm under pressure very good place to work
reveiw
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol10 January 2018
The Royal Mail is a nice place to work I enjoyed it. I really enjoyed my time working there. It was a really interactive work place you got along with everyone.
Good envrionment to work in
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Stanford le Hope9 January 2018
Enjoyable job to do, freedom to work to your own schedule. Typical day is relaxed with good work place culture. If you can stand the weather and heavy bags good job to have.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K