Royal Mail Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

A laugh with the guys
Postman/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Harrow Delivery Office28 January 2018
Prepare the walk for the day's work having a banter in the depot before setting off. Having a laugh whilst working. Hardest part is working in the torrential rain trying to keep the post dry and myself and ice, avoiding slips and trips. Most enjoyable is the freedom of the road and meeting new people every day
Pros
Being in the outdoors exercising
Cons
The winter weather
A great place and environment to work
Post person/ delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Halesowen, West Midlands22 January 2018
A great place to work, friendly and a fantastic bunch to work with. A job that keeps you fit and as a great customer base. You get to meet a variety of people and the job can become very rewarding.
Pros
Great people..
Cons
Walking is a little long
Poor employer ruined by really bad, bullying management
Delivery Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Uk16 January 2018
Used to love my job but left after 13 years service. The money is good but there’s more to life than that! Company has been ruined by poor management and unrealistic targets. I would not recommend RM to a dog.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor management, stress, poor company on the whole
Good fun and well paid
Delivery Officer (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex6 October 2017
Royal mail is the best service provider when it comes to the parcel delivery industry so as they are the market leader so does they look after their employees.
Pros
Opportunity to make progress
Cons
Physical activities
Early starts early finish
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Wigan UK30 September 2017
Best part of the job is being outside walking. Sometimes very heavy workloads and the weather if bad does not help. The sorting of mail in the morning can be tedious.
Pros
Early finish and Sunday off.
Cons
Bad weather days.
posteman
Driver and delivery (Former Employee) –  London and surrey27 September 2017
I was an agency postman for cmc recruitment working in different royal mail location. My job consisted on doing sorting of mail in the morning then dispatching them later to a specific location that was allocated to me. I was also doing the package this was about sorting out big package put it in royal mail van then start to dispatch them.
Good Employer
Delivery Head of Performance / Director - (Essex) (Current Employee) –  Essex26 September 2017
Great company to work for in all aspects - Good pay , Good prospects , excellent benefits around annual leave , pension , sick pay and other additional benefits
Pros
Pension, Pay
Cons
unionised environment stops movement
Easy
Parcel Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Newport County19 August 2017
I liked this job a lot but then I went away and had to leave so other than that there's nothing more to say was a lovely place to work I would recommend this to any one that would like to work there
it was fun
delivery postperson (Former Employee) –  Portslade, East Sussex8 August 2017
we used to have a good old laugh and the time went really quick we learnt all about teamwork when the mail had to be sorted and prepped and working on our own initiative when out on delivery .
Pros
the time in the working day went really quick
Cons
constant turnover of management meant not much consistency.
Good pay rate. Physical fitness.
Assistant Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Wakefield31 July 2017
Overtime nearly always available. Start and finnish times vary and include saturday however there is a rotating day off available. Difficult to get holidays at short notice and normally need planning a year in advance.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Physical work in all weathers, car parking shortage. Part time contract only.
There is NOTHING Royal About This Company Anymore!
Delivery Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 July 2017
Used to be really good company but now it's NOT the best place to work. The management will take advantage of you as much as they can and they don't care about your issues whatsoever.
Pros
Good Pay and Holiday Structure
Cons
Physical, Demanding Job and Poor Management
Productive and fun work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne13 July 2017
Preparation of mailing and parcels, Redirection of the mail, loading carefully the van, check safety of work place, delivery to the customers at best time and conditions.
Pros
Work outside
Cons
To short hours
use to be fantastic place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  County Durham1 July 2017
Ever since privatetisation things changed for the worse.
New managers brought in to see how far they push employees to breaking point .
I have nether seen a company loss so many good employees in such a short time .
Pros
Loved meeting different people old & young out on different rounds
Cons
Delivery driver for royal mail
Delivery Driver royal mail (Former Employee) –  Dersingham, Norfolk for royal mail1 July 2017
Loved this job but wasn't enough hours and wasn't earning enough to support my family .
Loved working in a team and also in a way being my own boss when out on my own , got to meet the public and met some lovely people on the way , loved being outside and always liked being up early and home by 12 to spend rest off my day with my kids. More hours around Christmas as a lot busier . Had my own van which had to look after also sometimes on a bike , kept you fit as always on your feet , plus had to work your round out on your own .
Pros
Being own boss
Cons
Not enough hours
I worked very hard at the company and loved the job
Delivery/Distribution Driver (Former Employee) –  Darlington9 June 2017
My review is that of a great job but bad management and unfair behaviour. My work was the best in the office and the most knowledgeable - but injury was used as a way of cutting my role as I earned £106 more than the rest with payprotect but never claimed overtime. It was the best job but I was a victim of the 'way forward'
Pros
Great hours, lots of free time, high pay
Cons
Bad managers, bad attitude from office and regional managers
Nice place good comradeship
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Colne, Lancashire8 June 2017
Good place to work enjoyed meeting people and liked the responsibility .good prospects for furthering your career keeping and caring for your vehicle and looking after your safety
Pros
Fresh air
Cons
Rain and snow lol
Much more than just delivering mail
Delivery Officer (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh28 April 2017
A typical day at work would involve transferring mail and packets/brochures from sorting area to deliver frame. In addition, you would collect all packages and over-sized parcels and incorporate them into the duty's frame. The management are excessively interested in profit maximisation, often 'over' individuals' wellbeing. The hardest elements of the job are having to process and incorporate 'door-to-door' advertising material into the frame, in view of the time element. It can be arduous on Wednesdays/Thursdays owing to the intensive volumes on those days.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be an often earlier finish on Saturdays.
Pros
Could be planned around child care
Cons
Heavy packages/post.
god bless the queen
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Bingley, West Yorkshire11 April 2017
Great place to enjoy teamwork, excellent uniform. Kept me fitter than ever walking and carrying the parcels and bags of mail. Hard physically challenging job.
Postal delivery
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Norwich International Airport6 April 2017
Brilliant place to work secure safe environment work in teams or alone great pension benefits gear t job be there
One guarantee you will meet many people great working environment learn new skills
Pros
Pension
Cons
Job for younger people now
Postman/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Malvern, Worcestershire6 April 2017
Since privatisation Royal Mail delivery has become a more stressful job. The present management seem to push for more from you. Atmosphere on the floor is very poor with staff acting more individual. The best part was on delivery it was a pleasure to do that side of the job as you met many nice people.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K