Royal Mail Employee Reviews in Plymouth

Inclusive and Friendly work environment
Manual Data Entry Keyer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon29 August 2018
Always something to smile about each day.
Management is caring and helpful.
Your team is friendly and kind, feels like a second family
Keeping up a high accuracy whilst maintaining speed.
Listening to audiobooks whilst working.
Really good induction to an office environment.
Pros
Had a gym and such inside the office
Cons
Nights can get a little slow around 4am
Productive and friendly
Royal Mail Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon28 June 2018
Good temporary seasonal temporary contracts over Christmas for data entry. Offer around 5 weeks contract with very rewarding pay if you are over 18-21.
Pros
Ten minute breaks every hour, listen to music
Cons
Not much opportunity for permanent job
Fun and Easy going
Royal Mail Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Plymouth16 April 2018
An easy going workplace with an understanding manager and work staff. Good salary with flexible hours and a good long brake. The only downfall is that you are standing for long hours in a row.
Pros
Long brakes
Cons
Always standing up
Secure employment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plymouth2 April 2018
I worked with the Royal Mail for 15 years. They have excellent relations between management and unions. It is a safe place to work. There are a number of perks including a very progressive attitude by the company in respect of 'Mental Health in the Workplace.'
Pros
Good Canteen
Cons
Work can be repetitive and non-stimulating
Inclusive culture
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon21 March 2018
Nature of the job can be very demanding, but the call centre environment and Inclusive, supportive and fun culture make it an enjoyable place to work.
Cons
Temporary contracts
great place to work, amazing employer
mdec keyer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon7 March 2018
I worked here for a year. The staff, job and pay were good. The hours not so much as you have to work every weekend.
I can't fault MDEC. Definitely I'd encourage anyone to work for Royal Mail.
Pros
many
Cons
few
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon5 March 2018
I woukd listen in on the calls some days and listened to complaints and normal calls or i would be in the office with checking emails or peoples letters
A great place to work
Address Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Plymouth22 February 2018
I love my job at Royal Mail as I deal with such varied locations online. It is my job to identify the intended destination of the letter on the screen and key in the appropriate details. Often, important address data is missing from the letter and we have to use our knowledge to fill in the gaps.
Pros
Excellent pay and breaks
Cons
Well paid, but toxic culture
Customer Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon2 February 2018
They take great advantage of the fact that you are an agency worker and will push you to and beyond your breaking point.

Unnecessarily strict dress codes, they expect an almost cult like devotion. The pay is pretty much the only thing this job has going for it. If you suffer from any sort of depression or anxiety then avoid this place like the plague. If you don't suffer from depression or anxiety, you might by the time you leave here.

Please note that my only experience is in the customer services department, this review should not be applied to any other area of the company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
everything else
Good career
Postman (Former Employee) –  Plymouth18 December 2017
Sorting and deliver of mail/parcels on a daily routine....the ability to carry bags to ensure the safe arrival of mail. The ability to work in a team and as an individual is very important as both are required.
Pros
Free exercise and great jobs
Cons
Working in all kinds of weather
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Plymouth25 November 2017
A nice place to work where you will be treated with respect and paid well. You get a 10 minute break EVERY HOUR which is great, especially if you suffer from eye strain.
Pros
frequent breaks
Cons
repetitive
Get out what you put in
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Plymouth2 October 2017
Royal Mail are great for casual work. The hours offered vary, and the pay rate is good. You can put in as many or as few hours as you like. The workplace has a friendly culture, and everyone is keen to help one another, and the job of sorting mail can be quite varied and active. There are frequent enough breaks, and overtime is paid for well. Management can sometimes forget to notify you if your shift has been cancelled for a day, but if you don't find out until you get there they will often still find work for you to do so you haven't wasted a trip.
Pros
Flexible working times, enjoyable work, friendly atmosphere, good pay rate
Cons
Shifts are on a first-come, first-served basis, breaks can be short (and are deducted from pay)
fun workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon22 September 2017
after 13 years at mdec I am realising that many other work places and jobs are now not offering such a competitive salary and whilst I was there the emphasis was on being aware and empathetic in respect to diversity in the workplace.
Data Entry
Data Entry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pennycomequick, Plymouth4 September 2017
Providing accurate and efficient data entry so that the computer software can sort mail for delivery to it's end destination.
Meeting targets for mail sorted so that the mail can be sorted in the correct time
Royal Mail customer service advisor, Plymouth
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth City Centre, Devon28 July 2017
I worked in the role as business customer service advisor in their Plymouth contact centre for about 9 years and only left because I wanted to retire early. I dealt with incoming calls. The calls could be quite challenging on some occasions but that was the nature of the job. The team I worked with were all fine. However, I use the team word very loosely because we were just a group of people put together. Would I like to go back NEVER!. There were some good managers there but unfortunately the not so good outweighed them.
Pros
Good salary, good working conditions
Cons
No support from management
Very Good
Complaints Handler (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon6 July 2017
I received very good training and on the job support whilst employed at Royal Mail and the working environment was very good too. The location of where I worked is easy to get to via public transport although I would often walk to work.
Fun and engaging work place.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon13 June 2017
Working as a Christmas temp at Royal Mail MDEC was a great experience. The atmosphere was productive and friendly. The pay was very good, especially for someone who is under the age of 21. The management was outstanding and lead to me working very well. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Royal Mail and would like to work there again.
Excellent
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, UK8 June 2017
really great company, exceptionally professional and amazing to work for. i would recommend applying and working for them.
great staff and great work place.
easy going and layed back
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon14 March 2017
I found it was an easy job when you need extra money, usually full of friendly and approachable people. your team manger does there best to help and guild you, and there is always MDEC keyers walking around to help you when you need it.
good for xmas
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon9 February 2017
good for xmas money, not to live off. good for students or anyone looking for a little extra spending money. not recommended if you need stable work
Pros
casual enviroment
Cons
hours can change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K