Royal Mail Employee Reviews in London

Found 220 reviews matching the search See all 3,327 reviews
Challenging environment to work
Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 January 2019
High paced environment with opportunities to excel your career. Loved every minuet at this company. Always had new targets to achieve. Rarely encountered a repetitive day. Would relish another challenge like this.
Pros
Huge workworce with colourful personalities
Cons
Long hours, my Laptop & Phone was being used all day & night.
It was alright
domestic supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 December 2018
After 10 years the job did become quite tiresome ready for a new chapter. In my opinion the job wasn't really the best salary especially for someone with quite a few kids.
Challenging and fun
Courier and Postal Services (Current Employee) –  London26 November 2018
A typical day at Royal Mail is working in a fast paced environment and very delivery focused.
I've learnt management skills, change management, DATA and BI
Interesting place
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  London1 November 2018
Worked in a team-oriented environment where I was able to work in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team. It was an amazing and helpful experience.
Organised workplace
Warehouse operator (Former Employee) –  London, UK12 September 2018
The place of work is organised in professional way every one knows what to do by guiding of managers.
I have learned that working as a team makes the impossible happen.
Great employers
Postman (Former Employee) –  London4 September 2018
Great company who look after there employees , job security, job satisfaction can be obtained, a growing business that can provide security for you and your family
Pros
Free stamps at Xmas
Cons
Winter
Work experience
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London4 September 2018
I did work experience at royal mail as a administrator and it was very beneficial towards getting my current job as a warehouse operative. I also was given a free trip up the Shard.
The Post Office
Royal Mail Postman (Former Employee) –  London23 July 2018
When I started in the late 70's this was considered to be a job for life. As they started to mechanise the processes they started making redundancies.It was a good job that went down hill.
a very good place to work
Postman/Driver (Former Employee) –  London17 July 2018
There are lots of opportunities to advance your career. There are lots of training opportunities available to learn new skills. The working environment is very positive and diversity is taken very seriously.
Pros
excellent place to work
Cons
beware of dogs
Productive work place
Postman/Driver (Former Employee) –  London4 July 2018
Worked for them for 18 years and throughly enjoyed being part of their team.
Made lots of good friends over the years and it was a great place to work and be part of the team.
simple and made easy
Postal Worker (Former Employee) –  London1 June 2018
its a simple job really if you finish your located route and drop offs you can go home at that time which leaves you the rest of the day to do as you wish
Pros
early finish
Cons
small pay
yh
Paparazzi Nightclub Cocktail Bartender March (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 May 2018
Working here was very good I was treated with respect and earned a lot of money very happy. Typical day included 8 hours work and was very good work to do and i enjoyed it very much
Nice place to work flexible job but long hours
Sub Postmaster (Current Employee) –  London24 May 2018
Free tea and lunch break half an hour.Meet different culture people, goodn management, nice friendly staff very near to my home.I really enjoy my work.
Plenty of expearence gained
POSTAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  London24 May 2018
Good job with lots of variety.
It included industrial/domestic/ commercial .
3 Phase / fire alarm / communications / steel wire armoured cable installation and a whole lot more.
Pros
Regular work
worklife
Sorter/Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  London14 May 2018
you sort out the letter and parcel to the correct postcode. once you done the you go out for run. sometimes your on a van delivery parcel. people are customer are great.
A very early start to the day.
Postman (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 April 2018
I loved the people I worked with but the early starts were a shock to the system as I was living at home with my parent's and living a typical young man's hectic nightlife. The money was great but 4am was an early start for any budding Londoner!
Pros
Good salary/pension
Cons
Early shift.(5.30am)
Hard work but rewarding
Company Secretarial Assistant - Board Support (Former Employee) –  London18 April 2018
I spent 27 years in Royal Mail working from admin to Junior Manager and virtually all departments.

The last nine years i worked in the Company Secretary Office helping to prepare board papers.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Long Hours
Ok but not great
Postman (Former Employee) –  London9 April 2018
The management at 90% of the Royal Mail offices is an absolute mess. They work like octopuses trying to deal with 1000 problems at the same time. There is a lack of communication between managers and employees. I was not told that my job had ended. They only said "we will call you when we need you", It's been 2 months and I haven't been called back LOL. The weather is also a negative but that comes with the job. The pros are that they gave employees their rights (unlike Amazon), shifts always finished at 2 or 3pm,
Very productive and professional
Postman (Former Employee) –  London2 April 2018
I enjoyed working 17 years at Royal Mail. This is a place where you are part of family and have respect to all employees and workers.
Especially the last 5 years (time of Royal Mail transformation - production improvement) I was involved with the World Class Mail team. My team implemented many changes and cut Non Valued Activities in processing.
As a result the changes we made improved productivity and huge savings for the company. Everything I took part in was treated with respect and my role in helping Royal Mail was recognised by many.
I hope my new company will be as good as Royal Mail, if not better.
Pros
I get extra holidays and flexible working hours.
Cons
I had implement changes at other offices of Royal Mail
very good atmosphere enjoyed very much good team work
expostlady (Former Employee) –  London1 April 2018
as above every thing was good very flexible hours good rate of pay.worked asa team very good company to work for lots of opportunities for people of all ages and gender .
Pros
every thing
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K