Royal Mail Employee Reviews in London

Great employers
Postman (Former Employee) –  London4 September 2018
Great company who look after there employees , job security, job satisfaction can be obtained, a growing business that can provide security for you and your family
Pros
Free stamps at Xmas
Cons
Winter
Work experience
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London4 September 2018
I did work experience at royal mail as a administrator and it was very beneficial towards getting my current job as a warehouse operative. I also was given a free trip up the Shard.
The Post Office
Royal Mail Postman (Former Employee) –  London23 July 2018
When I started in the late 70's this was considered to be a job for life. As they started to mechanise the processes they started making redundancies.It was a good job that went down hill.
a very good place to work
Postman/Driver (Former Employee) –  London17 July 2018
There are lots of opportunities to advance your career. There are lots of training opportunities available to learn new skills. The working environment is very positive and diversity is taken very seriously.
Pros
excellent place to work
Cons
beware of dogs
Productive work place
Postman/Driver (Former Employee) –  London4 July 2018
Worked for them for 18 years and throughly enjoyed being part of their team.
Made lots of good friends over the years and it was a great place to work and be part of the team.
simple and made easy
Postal Worker (Former Employee) –  London1 June 2018
its a simple job really if you finish your located route and drop offs you can go home at that time which leaves you the rest of the day to do as you wish
Pros
early finish
Cons
small pay
yh
Paparazzi Nightclub Cocktail Bartender March (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 May 2018
Working here was very good I was treated with respect and earned a lot of money very happy. Typical day included 8 hours work and was very good work to do and i enjoyed it very much
Nice place to work flexible job but long hours
Sub Postmaster (Current Employee) –  London24 May 2018
Free tea and lunch break half an hour.Meet different culture people, goodn management, nice friendly staff very near to my home.I really enjoy my work.
Plenty of expearence gained
POSTAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  London24 May 2018
Good job with lots of variety.
It included industrial/domestic/ commercial .
3 Phase / fire alarm / communications / steel wire armoured cable installation and a whole lot more.
Pros
Regular work
worklife
Sorter/Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  London14 May 2018
you sort out the letter and parcel to the correct postcode. once you done the you go out for run. sometimes your on a van delivery parcel. people are customer are great.
A very early start to the day.
Postman (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 April 2018
I loved the people I worked with but the early starts were a shock to the system as I was living at home with my parent's and living a typical young man's hectic nightlife. The money was great but 4am was an early start for any budding Londoner!
Pros
Good salary/pension
Cons
Early shift.(5.30am)
Hard work but rewarding
Company Secretarial Assistant - Board Support (Former Employee) –  London18 April 2018
I spent 27 years in Royal Mail working from admin to Junior Manager and virtually all departments.

The last nine years i worked in the Company Secretary Office helping to prepare board papers.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Long Hours
Ok but not great
Postman (Former Employee) –  London9 April 2018
The management at 90% of the Royal Mail offices is an absolute mess. They work like octopuses trying to deal with 1000 problems at the same time. There is a lack of communication between managers and employees. I was not told that my job had ended. They only said "we will call you when we need you", It's been 2 months and I haven't been called back LOL. The weather is also a negative but that comes with the job. The pros are that they gave employees their rights (unlike Amazon), shifts always finished at 2 or 3pm,
Very productive and professional
Postman (Former Employee) –  London2 April 2018
I enjoyed working 17 years at Royal Mail. This is a place where you are part of family and have respect to all employees and workers.
Especially the last 5 years (time of Royal Mail transformation - production improvement) I was involved with the World Class Mail team. My team implemented many changes and cut Non Valued Activities in processing.
As a result the changes we made improved productivity and huge savings for the company. Everything I took part in was treated with respect and my role in helping Royal Mail was recognised by many.
I hope my new company will be as good as Royal Mail, if not better.
Pros
I get extra holidays and flexible working hours.
Cons
I had implement changes at other offices of Royal Mail
very good atmosphere enjoyed very much good team work
expostlady (Former Employee) –  London1 April 2018
as above every thing was good very flexible hours good rate of pay.worked asa team very good company to work for lots of opportunities for people of all ages and gender .
Pros
every thing
Highly customer focused
Operational Postal Grade (Former Employee) –  London and the South East26 March 2018
Royal Mail in general terms was and remains a good organisation to work for. I have worked on a number of sites from central London and in Surrey and Hampshire ending my career at a large unit near Heathrow. Over the years I have seen productivity increase due to the implementation of mechanization on a large scale something that seemed improbable when I first joined the business. The opening up of the market to competitors has driven a more customer focused workforce. The main challenge facing Royal Mail is the steady decline in the letter volumes due to other forms of communication, the obvious one being E-mail. The challenge is to compete in the parcels market which is highly competitive although Royal Mail does have the advantage of having in place a network that has local knowledge and infrastructure in every conurbation in the country from the larges cities like London to the smallest hamlet in the Scottish Isles and everywhere in between.
Pros
Good salery and Pension
Over all a good company
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 March 2018
Most of the staff are good and understand what is needed.
If your face fits with the higher management you will go far, if not do your best to move unit or area.
Pros
good pay and conditions
Cons
mostly shift work/times
Very good workplace.
Postman (Former Employee) –  London23 March 2018
A typical day would consist of me sorting mail and parcels into a structured frame. Separated into roads. Would then separate all the redirections to be sent on. Once completed would collect all timed deliveries. Bundle up work and head out. Work place was good to work at and management was very supportive and positive. I enjoyed working outside, however that had its drawbacks when the bad weather come which was really the only downside.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
Adverse weather
Ancient
Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  London17 March 2018
I didnt particularly have a great experience at the time - it was stresful and the lead was very pushy almost threatening. I didnt know what the best way to handle or if I could involve HR hence decided to move out.

Lack of transparency - it was awful for me. Long hours and I was learning so it felt like I was trapped to do it or just get out.
Pros
Good
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  London22 February 2018
really enjoyed working here had a great time and the staff were very friendly. facilities were great and i cant really find any fault at all. overall a great experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K