Royal Mail Employee Reviews in Bristol

Leave any Moral in the bin before you enter
Postman (Current Employee) –  City Bristol27 August 2018
shocking management,bullying culture.long hours no breaks.
pressured into overtime
,if you refuse,they sulk and ignore you.If your part time they tell you to do overtime,its in your interest if you want to go full time
Pros
Cons
long hours without a break
Maol sorter
Christmas mail sorter (Former Employee) –  Bristol15 July 2018
The period of me working here was a wonderful experience in that i learnt the cruciality of delivering items to customers on time. Her majesty post office mail sorting was indeed very important to community especially in delivering items for special people on special days.
enjoybel ,fast pace
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Bristol12 April 2018
everyone there was nice ther and helped out if u did not get it .ther was lot of maikl to get trough so need to to work harm and fast as possibel to get throu it all
post woman royal mail
postwoman (Former Employee) –  bristol11 April 2018
Sort prep and deliver mail, having worked for royal mail for 30 years I saw many changes the job especially the volume of mail.the hardest part of the job for me was the amount expected of you, as you get older especially so. The job itself now I would recommend ideally under 40s, or fit under 50s. The most enjoyable part of the job which I miss is the freedom of outdoor work, meeting many people, keeping fit, great colleagues. Royal mail is a great secure job and highly recommended. Most new employees start as part time but there is opportunities to fulltime jobs when they become avaiable.
Very good to furhter career
Postman/Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol9 April 2018
I really liked working for the Royal Mail. I did shift work for 30 years. I took voluntary redundancy. I enjoyed the variety of work. I enjoyed going to the airport every night and loading the planes with mail.
Pros
excellant pay
sorter
Royal Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol8 February 2018
good job , nice salary, hard work long hours but easy to make friends and pretty hard to mess up. Management make sure you know what you are doing and are there if needed.
Pros
good money
reveiw
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol10 January 2018
The Royal Mail is a nice place to work I enjoyed it. I really enjoyed my time working there. It was a really interactive work place you got along with everyone.
Mail sorter
mail sorter (Former Employee) –  Bristol4 January 2018
Good experience. cool staff nice colleagues, met a lot of great people, learnt a lot, picked up a lot of new things, would definitely recommend for first time workers.
Liked working for royal mail had to take early retierdment
Postman (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol2 January 2018
Liked working at royal mail worked in most shifts and done many different jobs with in the royal mail and would like to return if possible as I did work there for over 30 yrs
Pros
Well payed for the work you do
Cons
Can be funny times for working hours
Good once your on your route
Director (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol20 December 2017
The other posties you work with are excellent but you have to put up with bad management. If you would like to start your career as a manager then start here as they will employ anyone. The whole management structure is rotten. If they don’t like you they will ‘work you out’ of the business.
Pros
A very committed union that will look out for there staff
Excellent Company to Work for
Head of Infrastructure Programme (West) (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol18 December 2017
progressive and supportive, Royal Mail offer many opportinities in all functions, progression can be rapid with support and training always on offer. Structured performance management
Pros
many opportunitries
Cons
performance reviews can be used as a bullying tool
decent pay long hours
postal delivery and collection worker (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol22 November 2017
good position, depending on shifts that are being covered, it can be long hours. Pay is good, and plenty of chance for over time. usually start as part time but theirs always opportunity to move to full time.
Good temp job
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bristol12 October 2017
This was my first Christmas temp job and I would definitely do it again, they were flexible with the shifts to suit my needs. Good place to work with a good system
Stable job
Post Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol6 September 2017
A great start for a career, however I wanted to be more involved with people and the punblic, hence locaring to a different career.

Money was good, simple job,.
Hard work but salary rewarding
Postman (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol6 August 2017
No element of enjoyment in the job is celebrated. No team ethic of success throughout the company. Senior management are ex-postman with little business acumen and are reluctant to look after the people who make the business money.
Pros
salary
Cons
incompetence and unwillingness to listen
Good employer
Delivery Driver/Warehouse Operative/manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol25 July 2017
Work can be boring and shifts are not good but they do look after their employees better than most. The main depot is a long way outside of bristol now. The job lost its appeal when job and finish was ended.
Pros
job security
Cons
shifts
Mail floor
Sorter/Loader (Former Employee) –  Bristol12 July 2017
Managers were dismissive and cold, colleagues were great, some of the greatest people work on the floor at Royal Mail, warm and inclusive atmosphere, there was a disconnect between floor and management
Pros
good work force
Cons
management were cold and there was a huge disconnect between staff and management
Mail Sorter (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol8 July 2017
Nice place to work, nice people (although this depends on the mail centre), very easy work - sometimes quite tiring if you're working 8 hours and you're on your feet all day but otherwise not difficult. I worked as a mail sorter.
work is OK but zero hour contract is not OK
Post Sorter (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol5 July 2017
I wasn't told when applying that it would be a zero hour contract. You have to wait for a text and call instantly to get a shift (fastest person to get through gets the shift) there is no guarantee of work. I can't plan my life outside of work or manage to fit another job around this one.
Pros
salary increases after a trial period
Cons
Zero hours contract
fun work place
vehicle mechanic (Current Employee) –  bristol18 May 2017
all round good company, excellent pay, good people. stable forward thinking company with the staffs interest at heart.
very approachable management team.
Pros
pension
Cons
shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K