Royal Mail
Information from Royal Mail:

Royal Mail Employee Reviews

United Kingdom4,145 reviews
Found 4,145 reviews matching the search
The job is what you make it
Need to be a hard worker and keep your noise clean and hassle free to management and you are well accepted

Moaning does not get you anywhere and you only drag your colleagues down

Keep alert and balance yourself and your personal life balanced to enjoy the job. No one with do it for you

Be strong and straight with people

Manage timing well on the job

Very enjoyable job when out doing the role confidently and avoid or take lightly the politics culture
Ok
It was an experience that enriched my life with experience. New friends, team work. Good management team. Reliable and honest way to earn a living. I highly recommend this as a place to work. It has a union , canteen. Often overtime available especially during seasonal celebrations. It’s own canteen as well as vending machines.
Pros
Good safe environment
Cons
Can be clicky
Hard work and stressful
Had worked at Romford mail centre for 10 years on a Sunday night as a driver, had to take retirement due to ill health but found their management and union not very helpful. Had very bad depression and was called into an interview without any warning and was bullied by a member of management from another mail centre. To be honest his management skills were appalling. Had taken a replacement job to suit my hours that I had done for 10 years only to be bullied back into a position that I was unable to do. Everything was on record with regards to my health but in my opinion no notice was taken.
Working as family at Royal Mail
Working as team to achieve the target, Managers helping all the time.
All around the workplace try to help you, even if it’s your first day, as they working like a family.
The Best At What We Do
Great Company, great people, great reputation for what we do. Being part of Royal Mail is being part of one of the UK's greatest institutions. A vital part of this Country's fabric of society.
Great customer service
Having worked for the company for a number of years I learned a lot about customer service. Deliveries were great, early morning start and early finish. Made a lot of great people while working for the company.
Pros
Great benefits and pension.
Cons
Changing from 5 am start to 7am
Good
Good company good benefits of company not to bad at all try get more hrs generally just part time these days check what extra benefits you could get if have a family
Excellent
I am happy to work with Royalmail but not happy to work through agenciies as they eat all outrmoney. They cut transportation charges at a very high rate.They never treated us like humans but like their slaves.There were no space to rise and solve issues insted do or die policy.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Royal Mail?
Productive and fun work place
i started working for royal mail 22 years ago in that time a lot has changed. I used to be an easy job not to demanding but with letters in decline and the growth of the parcel side there is not enough time to do your job.
Muy monotona
Se trataba de clasificar las cartas que llegaban, era un rabajo muy monotono y se hacia bastante pesado
ok in work place
i was workng with agency call Manpower. wasn't working every day. hardly get shift from them. reason to left bcz of not getting enough work. if working directly from royalmail than yes.
Pros
discounted price food
Cons
long phisical hrs
My ideal job
Working long hours where I am able to think and be left to my own devices is something I get a lot of satisfaction out of and I could work more hours if I was allowed.
My career
I worked for Royal Mail for 35 years starting as a part time foot postman to manager , this included covering senior management posts . My final role for Royal Mail was Air Operations Manager at my regional airport . Royal Mail is a great company to work for .
Royal mail
A typical day at work would involve tipping and sorting mail into 1st/2nd class. Pushing yorks to their destination. Sorting parcels into 1st/2nd class so I learnt about postal areas. Management were friendly and easy to approach. They are also a diverse company to work for. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet for long shifts. The most enjoyable thing was working with different types of people.
Un professional management
Very poor management. No training. No support. No information. You'll be sent out without a clue where you're going on your own. Management lazy rude and prioritise favouritism to those who are close buddy to them. No team work and some of management staff doesn't know why they are there for. Weekend more managers than staff. Total failure.
Very hard times at minute but we carry on I hope some time soon we get the reward we deserve another yes vote for industrial action please get this company out of this hole were in it's not just rico that wants money in his pocket
Great experience
Good pay n pension, good Location. The environment also good. Great opportunity to progress higher. If you have the driver an ambitious. If any one get the opportunity to join royal mail. Go for it
A very positive learning environment
I was very enthusiastic working at the Royal Mail. Personally, the environment was a fun working place. I managed to learn a lot especially the spirit of the team work.
bad atmosphere poor management
prepare to be bullied some people get away with murder.they need to be fair to everyone not just a few, not just the family ones .needed to train people properly
Personally draining but the money and benefits are good
Honestly, I have learnt a lot working here and it has served me well. But I am too career driven to work in a warehouse for the rest of my life. Most of the staff and management are easy enough to get on with. The job itself couldn't be easier, so for the pay and benefits it's a pretty good deal, if you don't mind your mind numbing over time.
Low morale
Management are useless, not organised, don't know what they are doing. Enjoy meeting people and doing the job, just the politics between management and union. The harder you work the more they want from you for nothing
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.
1.6K