Royal Mail Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Plymstock, Devon16 October 2018
Great place to work in, facilities are great snooker tables, darts boards and fruit machines etc. Canteen great for all types of food vending machines always full.
Pros
Snooker at snack
Workplace environment
Postman (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh14 October 2018
Horrible place to work.
Arguments with management are a daily occurrence, they constantly undermine you and treat you as a number.
Uniform provided is poor ( “stormproof jacket” isn’t fully waterproof)
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Delivery office management
Don’t complain
Postman (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire13 October 2018
Later stars than expected not great fun. Fhrymkvhkgykfyjgjtukfyjgfmfuktykfyjryjryj. Got. The. Gmtyn/cab yfjy v th* g r6fg cv ry*gc. Thgdnyrktukgd. Tthhf
Place
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset12 October 2018
It was a welcoming place to be at and the staff were great and the management was great and the people were great and it was jist great overall and yeah.
work place
mail sorter (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central12 October 2018
Seasonal worker at Manchester sorting centre in Oldham road. working for an employment agency Angard. The job was not secured and they use to call me when the need me.
Very Challenging
Postman (Current Employee) –  Earl Shilton, Leicestershire11 October 2018
Its good place to work as everyday brings a different challenges. It a good job that keeps you fit as well while your working. Colleges are always there to help you when you need help.
Pros
Outdoor work
Cons
Varied hours
fast work place
Christmas Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 October 2018
temp job, work levels vary sometimes you end up finishing the work early and get sent home. supervisors go around telling you to work at unsustainable rate so that they can send you home early.
Fun work environment
Angard - Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon10 October 2018
I worked for Royal Mail in their warehouse as a Mail Sorter. My responsibilities included sorting out parcels and letter to their respective locations and making sure that all the packages were logged accordingly.
Fun place to work
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Deb8 October 2018
Worked with some nice people . Good job to have would of loved to stay on as a member of the Royal Mail team . Some of the old guys are a bit stuck in the ways but a love set of guys to work with
Pros
Early finish
Cons
Early start
Productive and beneficial
Postman (Current Employee) –  Dulwich4 October 2018
I have spent 16 years working for this company, for me a typical day for me is prepping my walk ready for the day ahead then going out to deliver which usually takes 4 hours to complete, i have learnt how to connect and communicate with my work colleagues and also the members of the public when out on my rounds.
The way that my work place is managed is that i know what jobs need to be done so management let me get on with the work because they know and trust what I'm doing, also the culture of the work place is mixed and we all get on very well with each other.
I would say the toughest part of the job is when it is cold and wet and that I need to focus on the job at hand when these times occur, even though it can get tough the best part of the job is when people acknowledge the work you out into the job, and being appreciated also being able to help people with directions if lost.
Pros
Early finishes so more free time throughout the day.
Cons
Not mentally challenging enough.
ok
LETTER SORTER AND DELIVERY MAN (Former Employee) –  cardiff llanishen3 October 2018
delivering letters to the public each day of the week except sundays sorting mail into differnt addresss putting elastic bands onto them putting them into bags delivering them to hpouses properties
Pros
good company
Cons
heavy job
fun place
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham1 October 2018
on a typical day at work I would have to be distributing letters to various home addresses, or I was sorting letters. it was a nice and quiet place to work, not too much noise, everyone was concentrated and well manered
Pros
close to home
Cons
Could be so much better.
Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon1 October 2018
Obviously a huge organisation with security and good salary for what the work is. However, terrible management at local level as the Royal Mail managers have no or very little previous managing experience, instead they are simply ex postmen drafted through the Royal Mail system.
Great job
Postman (Former Employee) –  Accrington1 October 2018
Post man - Royal Mail, Accrington (13years)

- Sorting and organising mail into a rack system

- Packing postal delivery bags ready for dispatch

- Working on a variety of routes

- Providing a polite and friendly service to customers

- Delivering letters and small parcels

- Completion of associated paperwork for recorded an special delivery items

- Using hand held scanners to track and record mail information

- Working in a variety of weather conditions and ensuring deadlines are met

- Adhering to health and safety regulations
Pros
Great team to work for
Inept management and incompetent
Postal Worker (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim30 September 2018
Never seen the service worse , under staffed and management intent on screwing postied.
Plus public's mail deliberately left undelivered for days and no attempt to deliver mail
Pros
Cons
Unappreciated
An absolutely appalling place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  UK25 September 2018
Constrained by unions and stuck in the dark ages. They even call the kitchen a 'mess room'.

Its still a macho military atmosphere where bullying and politics prevail. No one is interested.

Postman don't want to be posties and managers are only interested in doing whatever it takes to fudge the figures.

Lied to from day one on salary and benefits.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
I enjoyed my job at royal mail ,i didnt want to leave ,my manager emailed all of the offices in thedurham and gateshead areas ,but no vacancies were a
Postman (Former Employee) –  Hayling Island, Hampshire24 September 2018
Id like to find another job at royal mail to make new friends, it was a good company to work for andthe employee benifits were good, i also was lucky enough to do an advancd driving coarse, overall i found thejob worthwhile and was proud to work there
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Bullying culture and poor management
Postman (Former Employee) –  Exmouth24 September 2018
Avoid!! The management is terrible.... you will end up working far more hours than you are paid for and your shifts are different each week.... there is a bullying culture from management who can’t lead by example......
Pros
Keeps you fit
Cons
Bullying culture and poor management
overal good
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Chester21 September 2018
grand to work for, good wages, easy job considering the wage packet offered. good holiday allowance. good packages for perks and easy job to do with little experience needed.
Fun work place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire19 September 2018
Really liked working here.everyone was a team and helped each other.fun place to have worked and the people were really nice and friendly.everyone helped each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K