Royal Free Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Royal Free Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom104 reviews
Productive, progressive workplace in a great area of London
My Line Manage a the Marlborough Clinic was a fantastic manager
The location is in Central London, next to Hampstead Heath a beautiful green open space. It has good transport connections, but no parking facilities
Nice place to work
I enjoyed Working for 15years in royal free in ophthalmic theatres
The trust was very interested in staff development and competencies so the staff can deliver quality care
Work you to the bone, just a business
Too top heavy with managers & matrons.
Priorities all wrong. Talk about world class care values and they don’t ever use them when dealing with staff.

It’s a ‘If your face fits, you’re ok’ place
Pros
Some nice staff
Cons
Long hours, limited breaks. Limited education (in-house or outsourced)
fun workplace
Being able to shadow the doctors and nurses was extremely eye-opening and fun. Everyone at the workplace loves their job and due to that I learnt many important things for my studies
Badly managed
The hospital itself was fantastic, and the staff in general were great. The management however were very corrupt, and would dismiss anyone who questioned their methods.

There was also a high turnover of staff due to the bully culture of the management.
Fun and relaxing
I had a great experience at Royal free. I learned a lot about customer service and it has really helped me improved dealing with customers' queries. The workplace was relaxing because there was a very low level of noise and the atmosphere was very calming. The hardest part was when customers cannot understand English great much or can't speak it so it was hard deciding what their needs were and had to ask another member to help me with it. The most enjoyable part was definitely helping customers, It was a great experience because customers were smiling and happy due to the amount of service they received.
Royal Free Hospital
In my workplace at Royal Free Hospital I was learning a lot off new skills, it will help me in my future to build up a carrer.Very good workplace ,give you opportunities like trainings,inductions help with everything you need to develop in you job,team support,allways very pleasure to work in Royal Free hospital.
Would not work for them again
Royal Free does not care about it's staff.
Too many mangers who not know their job but are on high salaries. This is where the NHS wastes so much money.
Good workplace
A relaxed and friendly workplace where i felt involved and a great team that i could co operate well with. The work experience gave me great opportunities for the future and space to develop an excellent skill set.
Work Politics
If you have worked in a Trust before you know how it works. If your not the managers teachers pet you basically get out casted with everything. Too many politics especially in an office environment.
Productive fun
nice atmosphere. Provide facilities for staffs, patients and visitors.
good management.

I improved my skills.

very busy hospital.

team very professional.
Nice
Interview was terrific and over experience was great . However very difficult to get in contact with temp staffing team, difficult to get training done.
Best work enviroment
It was a good experience working there and still do I got alot of support if I had family problem work and family balance is great.
Meet very lovely people management great.Its always bussy and understaffed but you go an extra mile to help the patient feel comfortable with dignity to get better
there are some amazing people that work here
The Royal Free Hospital is a large NHS Trust and there are some amazing and outstanding staff who are inspirational and the patients are fantastic people, who make me feel proud of what I do
Pros
good kind supporive colleauges
Cons
work a lot of hours
Frequent anxiety about change and future
Enjoyed my role but management created unsettled atmosphere. Also felt unsupported within admin structure. Enjoyed having self motivating role and varied work each day. Enjoyed being part of multidisciplinary team and being someone that people came to for information and advice. Typical day would involve sensitive calls with families, calls from referrers requesting information, responding to correspondence and processing referrals using database.
Amazing Hospital
I absolutely loved working at the Royal Free Hospital.
Such a great place to work. I had the pleasure of working with some very talented and down to earth people.
I have worked there for over 20years.My colleagues are my friends almost like a 2nd family. Very supportive and we believe the patient always comes first.
Overall a good place of work
I believe this is a good hospital to work at however with better management and staff progression it will be an excellent place to work. A typical day can be difficult and keeps me on my toes. Work is both mentally and physically challenging, nonetheless to an extent to a new pharmacist, satisfying.
Highly effective committee
Effective committee with a varied workload. A respected committee with a number of different experts. A committee for a varied roster of research applications.
Fun and Kind worklace
As a student, volunteer and teenager, I have been working in the wards, handing out teas and coffees to patients and have been fundraising to raise money for an interactive projector to help people with dementia (2 hours a week).
I have learnt to improve my communication skills by talking to elderly people and making sure they get the best treatment as possible.

Sometimes, when I am not able to come in, I can email the volunteer department and they understand.

The workplace culture is welcoming and the colour purple is their culture colour which represents the entire hospital.

The hardest part of the job is making sure you don't serve teas and coffees to the wrong person due to their allergies and timings.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to communicate with everyone around you.
Pros
flexible
Cons
less jobs
na
- i learnt how to interact with patients
- i learnt organisation skills

- i learnt how to support the roles of nurses and also health care assistants

Pros
gained experience
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Free Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
Royal Free Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Reviews by Location