Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews in Exeter

Fast paced,challenging but rewarding
Staff Nurse Band 5 (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon19 September 2019
Having worked here for over 15years I think it’s a great place to work. Lots of opportunity to work in different areas with career progression options.
Good place to learn 1st+2nd line support
Level 2 Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon15 January 2019
Management is good, they always keep to correct procedure.
If you like a proper call centre environment where you are partitioned then this is not the place for you.

Friendly and helpful staff/colleagues.
Cons
Teams arent close together which reduces learning of next level
NHS pressures
Community Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Exeter23 October 2018
The increasing pressure within the NHS is affecting my ability to be totally satisfied with the care and service I can provide. I need more from my career.
Pros
I am familiar with my role
Cons
Increase in pressure with unrealistic expectations.
productive working experience RDE
Health care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Devon EXeter England7 September 2018
good working environment and excellent patient care, i have enjoyed working in the multidisciplinary team and in house staff training opportunities, this is a respective organisation who focus of patient care and looking after their staff and patient relative and all outside agencies. they hardest part of the job is working long hours and , most times minimal engagement from the management. overall it is pleasant to work there
Pros
good team working
Cons
long working hours
Apprenticeship
Clinical Healthcare Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Exeter5 July 2018
Long hours and always on your feet but doing the appranticeship with the trust gave me an insight into the workings on a hospital and made learning easier as a mixture of practical and academic. Both which suited me and also allowed everyone to be able to shine at something.
Good
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Exeter25 March 2018
Good employer, satisfying work but there is a very big work load and not always enough staff to cover this. There is a good extras and always enough support
Pros
Satisfying work
Cons
Too much workload and not enough staff
Not for me
Nursing Auxiliary (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon29 November 2017
On my start date my manager did not even know that I was starting, therefore complete lack of organisation. Was hardly given appropriate training, not shown what to do atall, made to feel like I was in the way.

Loved the role of the job, could’ve seen myself really enjoying it. Was a shame about the management and way I was treated.
Cons
Awful management
busy work place
Bank Facility Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon6 November 2017
My duties included multi-drop delivery driving, 3.5 tonne Luton van driving, car parking attendant, portering patients, cleaning and other general duties.
Avoid
Chef (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon25 August 2017
Some great staff mired by poor management, organisation and a non-existent understanding of how to run a kitchen at every level. Whilst the hours are excellent and the sick pay is a welcome financial crutch when you're Ill the workload is excessive for the wages.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Abysmal Management
Never again
Theatre Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter7 August 2017
I once worked as a theatre assistant at this hospital, and well, the staff were lovely to the patients, but awful to colleagues. There is sooo much to learn in being a theatre assistant too. More than i imagined! I wouldn't go back to doing that again. Plus the fact that annual leave had to be booked 12 months in advance to guarantee you'll get the time of you want.
Good people and good hosptials
Respiratory Nurse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon25 February 2017
Loved working here, felt very supported by the people who i worked with. Good patient care standards and excellent training. Very inclusive of students
Helping others was rewarding
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon19 February 2017
Reception work would include checking patients in for clinic, updating records, booking appointments, moving from area to area to cover what was needed.
Pros
Monday-Friday
Cons
Low pay, no progression
Great chance at progression
Waiting list coordinator (Former Employee) –  Exeter, ENG17 March 2015
Whilst at the RD&E I was given an excellent opportunity.

I started as an admin apprentice in January 2014 and by June 2014 I was a band 3 waiting list coordinator. I worked extremely hard to be noticed and the work paid off.

In any work place you are not always going to agree with everyone's opinions and suggestions but it is extremely important that you remain professional at all times whilst at work and it is vital that you are able to compromise.

The hardest part of this job was the ever increasing number of referrals our department was receiving but our capacity was staying the same. This resulted in patients waiting longer that they should of been for their procedures.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Capacity issue