Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Interesting place to work
Health care assisatant (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Dorset13 March 2018
Enjoyed this job as taking care of patients needs was so varied. I learnt a lot working at christchurch hospital and the rest of my colleagues taught me so much. The management were good and the workplace was a happy one.Hardest part of the job was not haing time to do some things occasionall but on the whole best job I have ever had .
A very friendly and helpful work place.
Administrator/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Radiology/Medical Physics8 May 2017
No two days are ever the same so you never get bored with your job. It is a friendly place to work in. I have learnt so much; quite a few of the networks which make the job so variable. I have daily contact with patients via the phone and enjoy helping them to alleviate their fears over their procedures.
Management is a grey area really. It really depends which area you work in!
The hardest part of the job is being able to hear people on the telephone, as the majority of offices have more than two people in them!
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
Pros
Free health care, I.e physio and counselling
Cons
Car parking
Not as good as it sounds.
Ward Clerk (Current Employee) –  RBH21 November 2016
I do this and a good day is lonely and boring, most days are much worse. The admin is fine though uninteresting but the endless phone calls are a source of stress. I am unqualified to provide medical information myself so have to constantly interrupt clinical staff who are often too busy to come to the phone. In effect I am the messenger who is being shot. A bit wet on my part perhaps. By all means go for it if you think you can be thick-skinned about the need to annoy just about everyone.

So why am I there? Mainly because I work two days, no weekends, evenings and bank holidays, and I live close enough to walk there. In addition I have met many amazing dedicated and caring staff.

I have the greatest liking and respect for my colleagues but the nature of the job means that I don't work with anyone, it was a nasty surprise to find out just how solitary this supposedly team job actually is.

That said, I am proud to work for the NHS and I think RBH is a great place to work, just that this particular job offers no satisfaction and an unforseen amount of unpleasantness.
Pros
Office hours only
Cons
Too often unable to provide visitors and callers with the information they require
Supportive, friendly staff
Theatre nurse (Current Employee) –  Theatres18 August 2016
Lovely friendly place to work in a beautiful part of the country. Provides experience across many different specialities. Offers great advancement opportunities.
productive work place
X ray Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth26 February 2016
a typical day at work seems to change every day which is always good you never know who is going to walk through that door and need an xray or procedure doing. i have learned alot of thing whilst being in this job, patience is key some things seem to become very annoying but i have learnt to become alot more patient.

management maybe not the best of things in the whole place, not much appreication for the hard work that goes on and what is in volved in this job.
Pros
breaks
Cons
bad management