Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Employee Reviews

Unprofessional
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire23 September 2019
I worked here for nearly 2 years and can honestly say I had anxiety by the end of it! The 'management' consist of some people that have been there since school and never went anywhere else as they are just about qualified to answer phones. Now they are 'team leaders' because no one else wanted the job and lord it over people like they are in an amazing job and really important.
You have to click yourself off if you need the toilet as a comfort break and I have known one particular manager time a member of staff and then go and find them. Who's to say what type of toilet they were going for??!! Totally unacceptable.
The fact that the staff turnover is ridiculously high speaks for itself.
A lot of people were signed off by their doctor with depression and working in a basement of a library is not going to make for happy staff. The money is shocking too. They advertise at up to £23-24k. I got no where near that.
All in all stay clear.
Pros
Some of the down to earth staff were good people
Cons
Everything else
Previous Housing Officer
Housing Officer (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire6 July 2019
Management terrible. Doesn't listen to staff issues. Cover up issues rather than sorting them out. No job satisfaction. Working out of a library, not the place for homeless clients to be attending. Very high turnover of staff, most of them temp staff. This must be costing the local authority quite a bit of money.
Poor Management
Housing Officer (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire9 June 2019
Very poor management and high turn around of staff. Working environment awful, stuck in a basement of library. Poor salary, no training or incentives.
Journey was to far
Access officer (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire10 May 2019
Meeting and greeting. Colleagues were friendly and helpful. Open planned offices and clear desk policy was a bonus. Any problems with soft ware was quickly sorted.
Cons
Journey was to far
Productive Workplace
Polling Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead10 June 2018
Professional environment dealing with many different people and aiding them to a high standard. Communication with the public was clear and effective and our assignment was carried out with very few mistakes or complaints.
Always busy
Civil Enforcement Officer(Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead16 May 2018
No day ever the same,need to assess situations as they arise and try to provide the best outcome for all parties concerned.Able to use your own discretion.Ongoing training and appraisal system
Pros
Working outdoors
Cons
Late shifts
Good Employer
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead23 October 2017
Good Employer, enjoyed working as part of a team to provide advice and information to RBWM customers. Very busy environment. Good customer service skills essential.
Pros
Free parking whilst at work
Cons
Very busy
Excellent place to work for people with vision and ideas
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Town Hall1 August 2017
I have work for RBWM for nearly 15 years. I enjoy being a very small part of what is an organisation with people at it's core. Services to residents are it's number one priority and developing the services we offer and the way we offer them is key to our continues success.
Pros
Free town centre parking
Great team
Business Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire21 February 2017
I enjoyed working here for 18 years. The department was very busy due to lots of staff cuts and changes but the team were great and Team Leaders understood the reasons we all had too much work to do
Pros
Free car park
Cons
Out of town location
Varied and Challenging
Appeals Officer (Current Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire11 February 2017
I work in a support team which consists of 12 colleagues. I support 30 professional people. I have strong administration skills. I am highly organised, methodical, approachable and helpful.
Rbwm
Health Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  windso4 August 2015
I left for national exposure and to gain further experiece in other health sectors within the UK. Cabinet can become a little beaurocratic at times
Energy Reduction
Energy Reduction Manager (Current Employee) –  Maidenhead5 March 2013
Whilst working at The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead I have achieved a 7% annual energy saving, installed energy monitoring equipment and I have led a energy reduction retrofitting project.