Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Typical day at work.
Senior Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  London30 July 2018
We work very hard each day, supporting all the operating theaters, wards, A & E and the main office staffs.
Everyday is not the same.
But but the management are very understanding and nice.
The joy of just coming to work and helping all the staff is just wonderful.
Enjoyed different Theatres. Helping patients.
Clerical Assistant. Also worked in Theatres. (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire6 February 2018
Lots of varied jobs available. I enjoyed working within a team. Also working with staff from different cultures. Offered study days. Would still be working there, was made redundant, 2 jobs into 1. I did not apply as I did not wish to work full time.
Pros
Local to home.
Cons
Car parking sometimes a problem.
Lovely place to work
Patient Pathway Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire13 November 2017
I worked in the Maternity and Gynaecology department. I honestly couldn't fault it, they make you feel so welcome and can have a real good laugh, everyday was a real joy working there. With relocating 200 miles for the job they did become like a family to me and I was very sad to leave but there unfortunately wasn't any room for progression.
Great work colleagues
Patient Pathway Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire5 November 2017
Good learning skills
Patient contact can be challenging but also rewarding
Good working relationships with colleagues and clinicians
Lots to learn and experience
Great opportunity to learn more about support staff
Good working atmosphere
Working in a great team
Days go so fast and there is never a dull moment
Pros
Subsidised restaurant
Cons
Pay
Good hardworking staff
Biomedical Scientist (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire14 August 2017
I worked as a band 6 in biochemistry but I was most frequently given lots of other extra responsibilities outside of my job remit as I wanted to better develop my skills and improve my career prospects. This led to me acting up as a band 7 in both automated and manual sections with responsibilities in staff and reagent management, looking after quality control, document control and general upkeeping in order for the section to run effectively. During my time at Royal Berkshire, the most enjoyable part of my job was the huge variety of tasks I was involved in which gave me lots of challenges to keep me busy and productive, and I worked and met with some really lovely people who knew that teamwork was fundamental in effective running of the laboratory. I would say the least enjoyable part of the job was working night shifts as I am not a very good night person but saying that I worked night shifts for many years. The workplace culture has always been very good, I worked with many hard working experienced people at all levels. However, staff culture and morale changed a great deal over the last few years due to poor management and the process of pathology consolidation when services between laboratories merged and staff numbers were reduced leading to staff who were left working more shifts and longer hours. This in turn led to very poor staff morale and reduced productivity. I felt management did not fully support the processes that took place and staff felt very worthless and undervalued.
Pros
Friendly hardworking staff
Cons
Long shifts
Good for learning
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire19 July 2017
Pay is bad for the amount we do apart from that rewarding can be challenging but if you want a career in caring highly recommened the job to anyone who likes looking after people
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Long hours pay
Great Team
Midwife (Current Employee) –  Reading23 November 2016
Delivery Suite is a great place to work, friendly, helpful, approachable staff always willing to help and help you progress
Tough place to work
Ex Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Radiology16 February 2016
One of the worest NHS trust to work for. Very short of staff due to poor management. Could not maintain their staff level due to long Insaine working hours, busy on call and weekends shift. Very stressful working environment. No support from management.
Pros
Good training programme.
great place to work
RADIOLOGY DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT (HCA) (Current Employee) –  Reading, ENG25 September 2015
lovely people and professional staff with highly skilled patient care.
working environment is rich with excellence, high standards and team spirit.
A challenging work place
Accounts Receivable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, ENG19 June 2013
Repetitive tasks with close management.

I learned the basics of accounting and how to function in an office setting. I also learned diplomacy and dealing with challenging colleagues while remaining productive and maintaing harmony in a team.

The line managers were very cooperative and there is a real sense of hierarchy.

The coworkers were very helpful and very settled in their long term roles.

The hardest part of the job was implementing changes in the way we worked.

The most enjoyable part of the work was the work/life balance. The company was really dedicated in providing flexible working conditions.
good workplace
registered nurse (Former Employee) –  reading9 June 2012
the management was very good i have learned a lot of skills and co workers are very good, the hardest part of the job is to meet the personnel needs of the residents.when the patients become well enough to go home i think that is most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
good payment
Cons
long days are long hours