Royal Armouries Employee Reviews

Very Good Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Leeds15 January 2017
Volunteered to help with the immense task of digitizing archives from across the U.K on the first world war. It was a great experience in the work and career in museums and the help I received was great. I was also offered unique opportunities and allowed to work on subjects of interests.
Friendly Place and Friendly Staff
Museum Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG27 January 2016
A typical day at The Royal Armouries Museum consists of opening up the galleries at 9.45am and then switching on the projectors and checking all areas for litter and reporting faults that may occur before opening. Once open, we deal with customer queries e.g. where are the toilets?, what can you tell me about Henry VIII's Armour?.
You will find that, even if you're not into History(as a subject), you'll always find something there that will be of interest and you'll want to learn more about it.
The management are generally approachable, but,sometimes you might find you're repeating yourself with queries.
My colleagues always made me laugh, a great group of people to work with.
The hardest part of the Job was constantly being bored in the quiet periods i.e. Winter. and not being challenged enough.
The enjoyable part was watching the public walk away with a smile on their faces knowing that you gave them the information they was looking for.

Overall, this is not a bad place to work.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Job Security
Cons
No room for improvement.
fun place to work
Kitchen assistant/supervisor (Former Employee) –  leeds21 May 2015
i really enjoyed my time at the company. normally i would go in 10 minutes early to have a quick coffee and chat which i though helps loads to get to know everyone and plan the day before it begins.
Pros
was such an easy place to work all of the staff was so helpful
Cons
none really
Enjoyable, fun, active and overall exciting
Bar staff/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG14 May 2015
starting around mid day, being able to re-stock the bar, making sure everything is clean and hyginic for a work place enviroment, the management was excellent, always helping hand and other co-workers was always helpful and easy to get along with.

the hardest part of the job would have to be the checking peoples ID as some people may get offended about asking their age.

most enjoyable part of the job was able to banter with the customers while giving extra care with customer service
Pros
experiance, team work, friendly and weekly paid
Cons
finishing time on a morning
Being apart of a productive team
Event assistant and waiter at the Royal Armouries (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG8 October 2013
Working closely with other team members has been the most enjoyable part of the job