Royal Albert Hall Employee Reviews

Enjoyable workplace
Merchandise Seller (Former Employee) –  Kensington, Greater London22 August 2018
The Royal Albert Hall was a fun and flexible place to work. I managed to fit in other commitments which was very helpful. The management and staff were extremely welcoming and considering I have a huge passion for theatre, it was a great opportunity to work there.
Date- Merchandising assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 August 2018
Typically the job consisted of selling programmes to guests before after the shows would start. This would require you to stand at your position for several hours, taking cash payments. Got a bit boring over time.
Pros
easy job
Cons
boring at times
Don't Have Much to Say
Bartender (Current Employee) –  South Kensington17 July 2018
I worked there as part of an event staffing company and would chose my shifts there solely because they were the best option for me time wise. Unless you're a manager the only way really to work there is to be hired from a temporary event staffing company. I enjoyed my time there but being only temporary staff means zero benefits from the company and you kinda just get treated like a number. If they need numbers elsewhere they'll move you all over the place for a single shift. Problems with getting let out early also hurt me especially. If I was supposed to work a 7 hour shift it could be cut to 3 hours, if you live pay check to pay check that's very bad. Other times you'd start a shift and an hour in they'd send you home. It was very frustrating working around management however they are always evening shifts which worked best for me being in full-time education. Overall the managers were friendly but being a temporary staff there was a bit of a pain at times.
Pros
Good hours rarely start before 4pm, if you worked a double you got hot food
Cons
Poor communications, no work benefits
Not a fun place
Elgar Head Chef / Events Head Chef (Former Employee) –  London5 April 2018
Baddly run by rhubarb food design. The hours are longer then promised. no one is a team player and get ready to be stitched by everyone in the building.
Pros
staff food
Cons
Never breaks
Iconic venue with sociable working environment
Head Steward (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 February 2018
Shift based work for a variety of events from awards ceremonies, to sports tournaments, classic music to heavy metal concerts.

I learned to manage, delegate, and motivate a team of front of house personnel throughout these events whilst increasingly developing my own customer service and organisational skills.

A competent managerial structure with support, and training offered for further development.

A social organisation to work for with annual staff parties and departmental events hosted.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with large volumes of customer service issues in unforeseen circumstances. Most enjoyable part of the job was delivering great customer service insuring customers had the best possible visitor experience.
Pros
Complementary tickets offered
Cons
Unsociable hours of work
fun workplace and great job
Actor (Former Employee) –  london15 February 2018
Loved Every minute of working in this show and performing at the albert hall. Everyone was lovely and made us feel extremely welcome. I would definitely work here again.
Fun and exciting place to work
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 November 2017
Being a guide here is an amazing experience. Everyday is different because of the events happening around the hall. You never know what's going to happen! I feel very lucky to be working at the historic venue.
fun workplace
Corporate Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 March 2017
Fun place to work however a glass ceiling. So much red tape to go through to get anywhere or anything done was very frustrating. Great people and a very special place to work
Very friendly, patient and enthusiastic
Volunteer Archive Assistant (Former Employee) –  London15 February 2017
I helped the archive team to digitise some of their items o they could be accessed online. I learned about how archives interact with one another and how the work they do affects the general public.
Pros
Free lunches
Verys stressful environment
Catering and Service Waiter (Former Employee) –  Ascot, UK14 February 2017
Each day is a nonstop thrill ride of members of the public overflowing with orders, which makes the job the work environment extreme, and while you are on edge due to the surprising amount of customers, the facilities are lacklustre.
Pros
Fantastic Scenery of the Royal Albert Hall
Cons
Hectic Hours
workplace
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  london13 February 2017
Wonderful people to work with withen the company but lack of progression in the building,excellent if trying to get into hospitallity but not if your looking in a carrer in anything else
Restaurant Hostess (Current Employee) –  London16 April 2016
I have to write this or it won't let me continue but I have the best time working there and this still isn't enough words okay we did it
World Famous 5 star Venue
PA to the COO and Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  London18 January 2016
This is a lovely and interesting place to work. The staff are supported well by Management and there are lots of training opportunities. Its and absolutely beautiful building and a pleasure to work in such salubrious surroundings.
Pros
Free staff lunch. Staff Discount in all the restaurants.Good pension.
Cons
no cons
Fun
Drummer (Former Employee) –  London11 May 2014
I have performed their with my drumming group in which we entered a music competition and the Royal Albert Hall was where the final was held. My drumming group won.
Fun environment
Part-time Administrator and Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ENG22 March 2014
Working at Royal Albert Hall is quite good experience. It's my part-time job to financially support myself.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not career
Learning every day!!
at the moment.. Commins Chef in Pastry (Current Employee) –  Pastry Kitchen1 April 2013
Work in Kitchen is always excited, always learning something new, beautiful, taste, interesting. As I never being studying to be a Chef, every day worked at Royal Albert Hall was worthy, Actually, I work for a company called Rhubarb Food Design, inside Royal Albert Hall, and before used to be Compass Group.. I worked with lots of chefs during the last 10 years.. learned a lot, had fun, made friends,but is time to move on... The hardest part of my job, when I don't know something.. The most enjoyable.. when I learn something new and can do it..
Pros
free lunch and opportunity to learn
Cons
part time job, no hours guarantee