Rowlands Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Bad company to work for
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wales22 April 2018
Worked as delivery driver for nine years and 99% of customers were lovely. Had one particular customer who would not come to door for delivery so I used to leave in a place she has asked me to only for her to complain about me once and was advised I would be having a disciplinary. They took customers side over mine and as no union to help me I decided to leave before disciplinary. No loyalty to their workers by company.
Pros
Meeting lovely peiple
Cons
No loyalty from company
Awful Company to work for steer clear, do not look after their staff
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth23 February 2018
Terrible company to work, no support for staff run their staff into the ground and have lost lots of very good staff due to this. Then to make matters worse, they used the pharmacy as a DPD collection point, which brought in alot of angry customers and changed the shops dynamics.
Educational
Accredited Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Kirkby, Merseyside5 February 2018
I have worked for rowlands for 10 years and in that time I have gone from a shop floor assistant to working my way up to an ACT and qualifying in the courses needed to get to this point.
busy good hours
Healthcare Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester4 February 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company i had a good manager good communication. I gained my counter assistant qualification in this company which is called NPA certificate which i passed. Very busy day to day which made the time go fast most customers were nice the hardest part of the job was when i was working on my own sometimes as i was full time my colleague who was also a counter assistant worked partime. So on her day off which was fridays it would tend to get extremely busy but it was fun and i would work under pressure but still get the job done and serve customers as well as putting dellveries away.
Pros
gained my qualification
Cons
left on my own some of the time but worked well under pressue
Excellent company
Qualified Dispensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kington26 January 2018
I worked for Rowlands for many years and found the experience vigorating. The clientelle were wonderful and the staff were amazing. I worked as a dispenser at Rowlands and found the work load very managable and not too complex. I made many good friends who were helpful toward me and if I got stuck were always there to help me on a daily basis.
Pros
Staff morale good
Cons
Stood up all day
Awful place to work.
Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Tyne and Wear16 January 2018
Short staffed, constantly under pressure to hit targets. Expect dispensers to run pharmacy with Locums.
Management, especially area manager very unapproachable.
Spoken to like school children at times.
Not interested in staff as long as things are running smoothly.
Expect far too much from dispensary staff especially for the low wage.
No team work, individuals only look out for themselves.
No training given after nvq level 2.
Cons
short staffed, lack of incentive, awful.
Good place to work lovely people very helpful
Post Office Counter Clerk (Current Employee) –  Middlewich, Cheshire6 January 2018
every day is different meet lots of different people in different aspects of life I love helping customers with every day stuff and general enquiries listen to what they are doing for the day every customer is posting something different
Pros
Good hours
Enjoyable, friendly team
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Middlewich, Cheshire4 January 2018
Very friendly team. Approachable manager and helpful.
Team working is cohesive.
Flexible hours suitable.
On going training available with prospects in various areas.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Resources
dispenser
Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Brierfield, Lancashire1 January 2018
On a daily basis I would dispense medication, I learned a lot with this company as I was in a situation that left me know choice however I always found it enjoyable.
Ok job, poor management
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire28 December 2017
I enjoyed working with team members, although the organisation and management of the workplace was extremely poor. On one occasion, I, (at the time a 17 year old girl) had to run the pharmacy with a pharmacist who had never been to the area or in that particular pharmacy, without any notice.
Cons
hour lunch
HR is a joke
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City13 December 2017
Dont try being helpful to your customers. Legally they dont need to sign for their medication but dont let the "integrity" team catch you signing on customers behalf. I was made to feel like a terrorist & then sacked. Jumped up security woman...obviously never made it through police college.
Pros
Meet lovely people
Cons
Jumped up staff
In a busy health centre
NVQ2 Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Heckmondwike11 December 2017
Was a bit stressful at times due to workload but there are a lot more staff there now. This will alleviate the problems of the busy days we all experienced. Still in the same place but more staff
Mi primer trabajo
Pharmacist Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire24 November 2017
Fue mi primer trabajo. Tuve la suerte de trabajar en Rowlands Pharmacy donde desde el primer momento apostaron por mí y me dieron la posibilidad de progresar y desarrollar mi carrera profesional.
Pros
Salario, compañeros, estabilidad
Always busy
Senior NVQ2 Dispensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex19 November 2017
A very busy and popular community pharmacy in Mile End village. A very productive work load from start to finish. Many of the locals we know by first names and its a very friendly place to work.
If your face doesn’t fit your out!!
Dispensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yaxley, Cambridgeshire11 November 2017
Manager who couldn’t manage to save her life. Staff using mobiles in dispensary instead of working. Taking time off when not ill. Don’t go there. The pay isn’t worth it
Pros
Good hourly rate
Fantastic company
Dispensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Widnes, Cheshire23 October 2017
Very good company to work for, very family feeling company. A typical day involved dealing with customers and developing close relationships to enhance care.
Disorganised, undervalued staff
Dispensing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire12 October 2017
Very stressful place to work. Management care more about figures than providing good customer service, until a complaint is made.

Get on well with my colleagues and I enjoy building a relationship with our customers.
Avoid avoid avoid!!!!!
Dispensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester10 October 2017
No support, no equality in sharing a role, area managers brush problems under the carpet, never see area managers and when you do they tell lies, constantly switching areas so no continuity, never return calls or answer phone. Horrendous place to work, especially since started cutting staff. Unfortunately no loyalty here your just a number
Pros
Other colleagues
productive
HCA (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands1 October 2017
busy well supported. hard work as very busy and shop needs to be attended at all times
typical day depends on your position in the company. the workplace culture is good and fair and mixed races of people work together.
Its good to meet lots of different people and meets their needs whenever possible..
there are oppertunities to progress and do different types of courses to fit your needs
fast pace of work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire27 September 2017
not enough hours in day to do everything required. lots of focus on nms and other service's.
new eps system would work if still didn't receive half of prescription on etp and others on green prescriptions. constantly having to move from one screen to the other.
Being at the side of a doctor's surgery always busy.
Pros
free uniform