Rolls-Royce Employee Reviews

company undergoing change
Manufacturing Engineer - Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire16 September 2018
world renowned company working in the marine propulsion sector that is forward thinking with regards to improvement and cost saving to support customer demands
Great working environment with a fantastic brand
AFTERSALES SQA PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Goodwood, West Sussex11 September 2018
Day to day work is challenging but made easy by the support of the team and management.
The Brand itself is out of this world, real eye opening products.
Hardest part of the job is the supply chain due to low volumes.
Pros
Location, team unity
Cons
No real opportunity to progress
Rolls Royce is a good place to work.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Derby11 September 2018
Rolls-Royce is a good place to work with many different opportunities provided. It has provided me with a great career. It has a good work life balance ethos and a diverse workforce.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior IT Business Partner (Property) (Current Employee) –  Derby9 September 2018
I love working at Rolls Royce; every day is different with new demands and the working culture is great and my colleagues are friendly and welcoming

My role is totally agile and I work in different locations based on my daily schedule. The people are great, friendly and helpful and I love the fact that I make a difference and add value to the organization.

Their is so much innovation going on in technology and in my role interfacing with my stakeholders we get to explore latest technologies and assess how we, as a company, can benefit from them. Since I also work to produce IT strategy, 5 year IT Roadmaps and budgets I am able to work with my businesses to plan future deployments.

I love it here and would not hesitate to recommend the company to any prospective job hunter who can deliver value.
Rolls-Royce is a good place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire8 September 2018
Rolls-Royce is a good place to work with many different opportunities provided. It has a good work life balance ethos and a diverse workforce and stresses the importance of ethics.
Pros
Complex processes
Cons
Opportunities and a professional workforce and environment
Not what advertised
Internship (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire29 August 2018
If I knew what i was getting myself into I probably wouldn't have applied as I didn't feel I benefitted from the intern experience.
For me, I wanted more support and not used as a scapegoat.
productive and fun
Mechanical technician (Former Employee) –  Glasgow29 August 2018
This was an excellent company to work for .Great working enviroment great money and many benifits.Forward thinking and ongoing training was provided all the time.
Pros
share issues
good workplace
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire29 August 2018
good workplace with good benefits good pay and good annual holidays. good employees. management not come from shop floor jobs so not as good as could be
Excellent place to work
manufacture Engineer (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire16 August 2018
Working at Rolls Royce Areospace has been an amazing. Great people and good career opportunities here in Derby. Great pay and makes me proud to be a part of a great company. Only down side I would say is sometimes I wonder how people are engineers as most are lazy and feels like most people only come to work for the good pay Rolls Royce give to thier employees. Can be frustrating sometimes but apart from that they care about thier employees and it’s hard to find on a job now a days.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
PTF can be stressful
Great Company
Manufacturing Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Derby13 August 2018
Great company with good salary and job security.
Culture is difficult to change
Difficult to progress upwards in management unless you are on the favoured list
Excellent managment
Industrial placement student (Former Employee) –  Derby7 August 2018
Excellent management team and support network, with a flexible work place.

the free transportation could seem crowded at times, and was oft times not on time.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
crowded
Lovely place to work
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Derby2 August 2018
Lovely people in a relaxed atmosphere. Best place I've ever worked in over 40 years and 10 companies. Good access to Derby by train and car, plenty of parking.
Pros
Lovely atmosphere
Cons
Excessive HS&E
Engineering Company that Make You Proud to Work For
Manufacturing Capability & Acquisition Leader (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire30 July 2018
There are new challenges everywhere that you can pick and learn, so you will never feel board. It is a company that with great heritage and reputation. As an engineer, this is probably the best engineering company you can work for in UK that with cutting edge technology development everywhere in the company.
Rolls-Royce
Unit management engineer (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire25 July 2018
Overall Rolls-Royce is a good company to work for but the level of people that do not contribute to the final output of Rolls-Royce is considerable hence the recent realignment of middle management
Nice place to work if your perm
logistics (Current Employee) –  Bristol22 July 2018
great place to work if your lucky enough to be a perm...contractor status is not such a good place to be its hard to make the change from contractor to perm, there are some great people on site to boot.
Very good
Internship (Former Employee) –  Derby20 July 2018
Good company to work for and do an internship. I enjoyed moving around different departments for my internship. Gave me a feel for the different fields of engineering, and has influenced my university degree choice. I would recommend it!
great
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Barnoldswick, Lancashire19 July 2018
brilliant love it great fantastic great guys and girls really look after you fun place to work and bosses are lovely down the earth people loveley site to.
Fun Team
3D Architectural Designer (Former Employee) –  Derby18 July 2018
Great Design Team with bags of knowledge, plenty of laughs at times. Job progression and training wasn't provided on a consistent basis due to poor management. This I feel was a one off, I would recommend working for these guys, they are truly amazing at times. So happy I worked here.
Great work experience oppurtunity
Workshop Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol4 July 2018
Overall my short time at Rolls Royce was great, I bonded well with the workers and got to work efficiently and quickly. The management was very nice and allowed me to take regular breaks as it was a very hot time in the UK and the air conditioning was not working correctly. The work suited most of what I was interested in and definitely was a great opportunity for me.
Pros
Interesting workline, Great people
Cons
Hard manual labour
Enjoyed working here
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex4 July 2018
Enjoyed working for Rolls Royce, I liked the variation and the other people I worked with and only left as another job opportunity came up the family day was always good fun, and would consider returning to Rolls Royce in the future. Planners and office members were always very helpful.
Pros
Shift work and flexbility
Cons
Parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rolls-Royce. Our community is ready to answer.