Rohan Designs Ltd

Rohan Designs Ltd Employee Reviews

Not only do I love my staff and customers. I also love my management my area manager is constructive and supportive. Best retail company I have worked for, they understand work life balance, don't discrimnate, and the passion for the producy is contagious!
The reviews are fake, do not work for this company. Management are awful and they do not care for your welfare. Warehouse staff are treated like rubbish, and the office workers are forced to work in awkward and silent conditions.
Pros
Realising what its like to work for bad company
Cons
Rohan isn't like any other company I have worked for. They understand a work, life balance. You communicate to all departments and feel a part of the family. Products are amazing and you feel proud to sell them and Train your team up to be enthusiastic and passionate about the brand and products. Great benefits is to be able to wear the products at work and you eventually get hooked on everything!
Having worked as a Zero Hour Contracted employee, the work was both an appropriate value for money, and a very pro-employee amount of hours, regularly offering 40-46 hour weeks during the Holiday periods, with bonuses awarded both on holiday pay and with time and a half overtime over 40 hours. Sadly the location has changed their policy towards Zero Hour Employment in the past year, and is now focussed on looking for more consistent full-time employees/employment. Nevertheless, would strongly recrecommend
I managed the Chichester branch for 6 months. A couple of the staff were negative about the business but they soon left. I found the majority of staff at H.O. very approachable and my area manager and his deputy to be the same, easy going but very professional. My staff took on board my ways of hitting targets and KPIs positively. If you start off with the right attitude you'll enjoy this business. Only reason I left was I was offered a job back in home city....there were times I regretted that! Staff are given a uniform allowance.
Pros
Free uniform allowance. Great support from Area Managers and H.O.
Cons
My store was a bit quieter compared to other stores I've managed.
No two days are the same at Rohan which gives great variety. During the time I was at Rohan I learned so may different skills and constantly developed as a manager which is really testament to the management team/senior leadership team. The organisation is run in such a way that at no point do you feel its us on the ground and them at HQ. There is a thriving team and family atmosphere that runs throughout the business. I was supported from day one by my area/senior area manager which continued right through to the time I departed. Unfortunately, due to relocation I had to move on.Overall a very well run company that is a very rewarding place to work and importantly somewhere that your ideas are actually listened to unlike so many other organisations. 5*+
Pros
All of the above.
Cons
A good company to work for; decent wages + bonus', a fantastic uniform allowance & good staff discount. You learn a lot about outdoor clothing technology & get to engage with some real interesting customers who always have tales about their travels & can always recommend places to see. Fantastic place to work if you're a traveller &/or a walker. Plenty of ethical procedures in place to protect the staff, but also a strong policy against inhumane working environments in the production lines. The most difficult part of the job is remembering all the various technologies used in the garments & the various logistical procedures for customer orders. The best part was when they gave me my money.
Pros
Free coffee. uniform allowance. staff discount.
Cons
Constantly changing p.o.s & merchandising. Occasional fussy customer.
  1. Employee reviews