Rockfish

Rockfish Employee Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews
very nice staff, easy to work with. An easy company to work for offering a number of benefits and advancement opportunities. on the occasion the workplace is busy it can be stressful, however the team-working aspect alleviates the stress.
When I saw rockfish were advertising opening up in Poole It sounded like a an amazing opportunity. They say everything is fresh and made specially by themselves and that they’re a real “family trade”. It’s not! It’s just another chain with awful rude managers, frozen food and your treated like a dispensable number in the company. Long working hours or no hours at all. Managers are extremely unfair.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Long hours or no hours at all
Friendly staff and management, very good products and equipment to work with along side some spectacular views from outside (depending on the wether).
Overall I found working at the rockfish an amazing experience. Co workers were friendly, and easy to work with, tasks were sometimes a challenge but was always worth it in the end.
working here was a fun and easy place where the staff were all nice and friendly. the management here were helpful when issues occured and only issue was not enough hours were being given out
I worked at rockfish when I was 16 and was supposed to be part time but I found myself working 12 hours shifts 4-5 days a week (which is illegal), rude managers. No work life balance. terrible
Pros
Cons
No work life balance, 12+ hour shifts, no idea what time you’ll finish, rude management
The managers weren’t very nice and will always put profit over the welfare of staff, there seemed to be no respect in general for the staff. Some days are 12 hours long, with no indication of a finish time. You’d receive the rota for the next week on a Sunday, so it made it very hard to plan anything or have a good work life balance. The staff turnover is very quick and it’s really not a friendly place to work.
I stress massively, do NOT work at Torquay. I was forewarned by lots of people but never listened.
Pros :Working for Mitch Tonks, Tips,Staff discount.

Cons: No communication, no respect from senior management, rotas always changed, one rule for one manager in particular and different one for everyone else. One manager lies about staff and makes in appropriate comments about staff. Don't waste your time at this restaurant. You wont getting any training or help .
Its an alright place to work. Fair is just minimum wage unless you're good at what you're doing. Hours varies from none at all to doing insane amount of hours.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rockfish?
The culture is led by the owner and self aggrandizing face. Petty, small minded and avaricious. Make no mistake, the long hours, antisocial hours and low pay with no guarantees if work exist to fill the pockets of one man.
Worst place I have ever worked!!! Management were not easy to approach as they had their nose stuck up their own backsides. They employed mainly 16 year olds so they didn't have to pay them so much, tips were shared with us, the waitresses aswell as the chefs, kitchen staff and the bloody management aswell as the takeaway down the road!!! If you're 16 and a mug work here!!!!

went t
Pros
Cons
Too many to list!!!!
I was asked to go in for a trial shift, and I was sent a job offer. Then told that I would receive a phone call from them the next day which never happened. I had another job offer at another workplace which I turned down due to this job offer, they well and truly messed up my employment status. I was unemployed and had only just managed to find a business willing to take me on, and then they go and pull this stunt. They use you to get a free trial shift out of you and then they ditch you without any reasoning. I recommend that no one applies here as they don't treat their employees with any respect. Also, an employee is a consistent drug user. He would brag about it to everyone in the kitchen.
Pros
Cons
Disrespectufl
Great place learned a lot of new skills the staff there were great polite friendly hard working it was the best experience I have ever had they served great food great drinks just a great place to go
Working at rockfish would always prove difficult and sometimes very tiring. Kitchen porters would always be expected to complete a very high amount of tasks in little time but still to a good standard.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad communication between staff, unorganized management
Fun brand to work with, decent management at a local level.
High volume, moderate pressure, late finishes for chefs.

Reasonable tips if you put the hours in, great discount when eating at any Rockfish
Pros
Decent tips, fun co workers and junior managers.
Cons
Late finishes, longish hours esp if travelling.
restaurant was short hours, staff never clear with what needed to be completed not clear with any tasks. Mainly doing jobs which where not in my restriction to complete.
Cons
short hours
loved the staff who were there a the time but the management was a problem constantly so the staff turnover was through the roof. if you want long hours through the summer this is the place but be prepared for a cold winter.
Good professional work place hard work pays off for good work and customer satisfaction.
Best part I have learned is widening my knowledge of cooking and different species of fish
To be fair i learnt a lot at rockfish, however they need to get there priority's straight, and learn abit about treating there staff fairly. on the up side the people you work with are generally all rounded good people !
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Over Worked
Rockfish has very good standards and ethics inc values, however the company has a constant battle retaining consistency and staff due to lack of communication and changing peoples rota with less than 24 hours notice. I had high hopes for this new venture but sadly they cannot project on to the staff the end vision that the CEO's see, resulting in myself looking for other work.
Pros
Working for Rockfish and Mitch Tonks
Cons
Long hours, lack of communication, inconsistent rotas, patronizing managers and lack of mutual respect.
I've learned for example how to halve a lobster, cook a fish and how to be a cheef. My workmates has given me example, that promotion is possible if u really want to.