ROBINSON SERVICES Employee Reviews

Supportive and encouraging company
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  County Down20 March 2019
Came to Robinson services last year and have found the overall support and information given to be very good.
The role has been equally challenging and rewarding with encouragement from staff and head office. David Robinson still maintains visits with every site and ensures that every staff member has a chance to be listened to and gives feedback too.
In this environment it is easy to make friends with co workers and combine your strengths to make the tasks easier.
I have enjoyed my time so far and look forward to progressing further with the help from my management team.
Pros
Flexibility, company meet ups
No integrity to be found here
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim6 December 2018
One of the most miserable, soul crushing places you could find yourself unlucky enough to be employed by. The culture of no respect starts from the top and feeds down through the ranks. The people who are keeping this business going on the frontline are treated like vermin. Decent, hard-working and knowledgeable management are few and far between in this place, you can get very unlucky with who your line manager is. The hours are long, the pay is always wrong, their systems are outdated and old, you'll never be appreciated here for going the extra mile and bullying is rife. Bullying starts from the owner, trickles down through senior and middle management and right down to each individual cleaner who is shouted at and harassed while expecting to work like superman for minimum wage. Work there for any length of time and you will shave years from your life through the stress of just trying to get your job done and be paid for it.
Pros
Cons
Bullying is part of their culture, wages consistently wrong, no training, no support
Great team of colleagues and management
Site/Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Derry8 October 2018
Good company culture and support when you need it form Head Office. Daily duties change through the week, but you are allowed the autonomy to set your own schedules and duties as long as work is completed to the right standard. Would recommend this to anyone interested, but you will need to be able to work on your own initiative.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Initial induction and training could be improved on.
Robinsons
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Antrim20 August 2018
Robinsons is disorganised and treats their staff with little to no respect. Money that was not paid had to be chased for over a year. constant changing of management and no one seems to have a clue.
you got no training on any of the eqiptment and ended up having to repair yourself or bully the company into fixing or replacing broken equiptment.
Pros
fleible times
Cons
everything else
great workplace
Domestic Cleaner (Current Employee) –  maydown21 July 2018
ive been workinng for robinson services for over a year based in a maydown company. The people there are great and i love keeping the building as clean as possible bearing in mind it is a workshop which is dirty at most times. I get all the support from robinsons i need and supplies when i order.
Pros
flexible hrs
Bullying not taken seriously
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland19 July 2018
Unappreciative company that do not respect their workers and allow supervisors to bully & harass their staff.

I had to leave after 1 year of work because the bullying started affecting my mental health.

Even after a grievance and an appeal (with solid evidence) the supervisor didn’t lose their job. I suppose this was because I left employment during the process

If I ever employ someone and they treat others the way they the supervisor treated and spoke to me, they would be fired immediately!
Cons
Bullying
Bad management
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim18 July 2018
I worked as a mobile cleaner which I enjoyed, was good to meet different people and people were always respectful towards me supervisor I had at start was OK. But in space 3 months I kept getting different supervisors. When 1 of my pay packets was 20hours short I was promised it would go in the next week which was fine, come next Fri money didn't go in supervisor told me would be next month before I get it which went against what he told me originally, didn't care that I had direct debits and bills to pay. Management I worked under didn't have a clue or care about workers.
Cons
Bad management
Outstanding company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Belfast5 June 2018
Robinsons services was a good place to work from meeting new people to seeing the faces you knew day in dayour out they also had a great understanding of my home life being a single parent I loved working here
Pros
Discounts to stores
Productive and fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Belfast5 June 2018
Robinson services are a great company to work with Thrybergh understand your needs and home life great management and staff to work with it had a great time here
Pros
Good breaks
Firma ,,maraton'' sklep sportowy-możliwość rozwoju
sprzątaczka (Former Employee) –  County Tyrone28 April 2018
Praca na stanowisku sprzedawca sprawiała mi najwięcej satysfakcji..Miałam możliwość rozwoju i pracy w zespole..bardzo mile wspominam ten czas..
Pros
szkolenia
Cons
praca po 12h
Cleaner with company
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim22 March 2018
I worked to this company for 9 months. When employed with them I was given a set place to work. First 2 months was fine. Then I was being rang and texted nearly every day by my area supervisor to cover different areas. When I said I couldn't cover I received a number of cheeky texts. Would not recommended this company, they are a complete joke!!!!
workplace
Security Supervisor / Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Antrim, Northern Ireland, UK30 May 2017
Robinsons services are a good company with great support from higher management and a great company ethics as working as one team however not many sites outside of northern Ireland
Pros
good workplace
Cons
A company who just don't care
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Portadown, County Armagh25 April 2017
You are just a number here, there are no benefits to anything. Every situation is picked apart in fine detail only to find fault in your work. They are not a great company and demand more than what they pay you for, in my last place of work we had two staff members out on sick leave accounting for 80+ hours needing coverage, bearing in mind the other staff members (6) were already on 42 hours per week we were told they could not supply coverage to our site but yet the lost hours MUST be covered. No consideration for any of their staff.
Cons
Long hours, poor uniform quality, poor holiday coverage.
Cleaner
Cleaner at Fairhill Shopping Centre (Former Employee) –  Ballymena, County Antrim8 March 2017
Cleaning service at Fairhill Shopping Centre, Ballymena
25.5 hrs per week
I have work every covers, responsibilities were similar all cleaning jobs
team work, good communication with all staff
typical day at work
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Dunmurry, County Antrim25 January 2017
I enjoyed my time here although the hours were low preventing any chance at a higher pay. It is a good work place as it is easy money, the people who work here have made me feel comfortable as they were really friendly.
Pros
make new friends
Cons
low hours
Trusted to get on with my job
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Antrim11 May 2016
Lots of changes in management but great opportunities if you want a straightforward job as close to your home as you want with plenty of flexibility. I was trusted to get on with my job you don't have managers hanging over your shoulder.
Pros
Flexibility, trust, plenty of extra hours if wanted, places to work all over
I worked for them for 3 months
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Antrim District28 February 2016
I worked for 3 months the first 2 weeks were great new management started the week before Christmas I was over payed by £440 I got a call looking the money back I lifted the money out of my bank it took her 4 days to pick it up my pay has never been right I was told I was getting 40p a mile thay took that off me and never said management DONT KNOW what thay are doing thay don't talk to you thay look down on you . My father was not well I missed to meeting with them I got my p45 be very careful I know 1 girl worked for 3 or 4 months never got payed the people she was cleaning for payed her
Pros
Cons
Be careful
its ok
customer sercice assistant (Former Employee) –  chatham,10 August 2015
the management for Robinsons are rubbish they have no motivation skills, the best part was meeting new people as well as other staff who again are really cool, if you get on the right side of the brothers they can also be really cool. they would be better having more part time positions within the centre to rotate the staff better while working giving a more diverse approach to the skills needed for the workers. I would have stayed if they offered this but I become ill and had to leave, the company is in Ireland so have different rules for workers so be careful if you do intend to apply. apart from this it would be a great job with someone that has no family and little life outside of work.
Pros
you get to meet new people everyday
Taking you further
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Frontline12 March 2014
all shifts would be set out atleast two weeks in advance, pay was reasonable for the role carried out. They look for people with potential and offer them courses so the can excel within there carerea.
Pros
amazing breaks while on shift
Cons
some of the controllers think they are higher than they are