ROBINSON SERVICES

ROBINSON SERVICES Employee Reviews

United Kingdom25 reviews
Great flexibility in the role as you can work your clients around your own life. Do need to set aside time for some admin days to catch up as the work load can fairly build up brave and quick. Downside was being contactable from 6am-9pm including weekends due to the clients working 7 days and different hours. Bad side is that you're at the beck and call of the clients and when your day is supposed to be finished you can find yourself going out on the road again. Especially at weekends or your day off you never really get a day off, but that's where they are flexible with you with your days.
Good company who look after their staff with days away and recognising work above and beyond. Company could go a lot further just needs some new direction and leadership from the top to help keep staff. Wages are poor considering competitors in the same field paying a lot more. You get a company car, but a Toyota Aygo isn't ideal for the job, esp when you need to carry stock.
I enjoyed my time working with Robinson services. The management was always there if I needed anything and helped me in every way they could. I always tried to do my work to the best of my ability. Was always onetime and never any sickness
C

ccccouldcould.
Pros
Pay, holidays and management
Cons
Having to leave
To much expectation from management which most of the time are stuck up each others backsides you better hope u fit in to the clicks in here other wise look for a new job
Pros
Good cleaning staff who try there best
Cons
Very unprofessional management team
Very high turnover of staff. Management constantly arguing with each other and they're clueless.
Management are two faced ignorant, rude and they lie.

Good money and reasonable hours.
Not a bad company to work for, but me personally, I am just looking for something different. Im personally looking something a little better paid, but for anyone looking a security job, good company to work for.
the job itself was well described, and the staff were good to work with. nothing was particularly difficult and everything you were expected to do was fair and reasonable. nature of the job obviously entails some pressure but is shared well among staff.
Came to Robinson services last year and have found the overall support and information given to be very good.
The role has been equally challenging and rewarding with encouragement from staff and head office. David Robinson still maintains visits with every site and ensures that every staff member has a chance to be listened to and gives feedback too.

In this environment it is easy to make friends with co workers and combine your strengths to make the tasks easier.

I have enjoyed my time so far and look forward to progressing further with the help from my management team.
Pros
Flexibility, company meet ups
One of the most miserable, soul crushing places you could find yourself unlucky enough to be employed by. The culture of no respect starts from the top and feeds down through the ranks. The people who are keeping this business going on the frontline are treated like vermin. Decent, hard-working and knowledgeable management are few and far between in this place, you can get very unlucky with who your line manager is. The hours are long, the pay is always wrong, their systems are outdated and old, you'll never be appreciated here for going the extra mile and bullying is rife. Bullying starts from the owner, trickles down through senior and middle management and right down to each individual cleaner who is shouted at and harassed while expecting to work like superman for minimum wage. Work there for any length of time and you will shave years from your life through the stress of just trying to get your job done and be paid for it.
Pros
Cons
Bullying is part of their culture, wages consistently wrong, no training, no support
Good company culture and support when you need it form Head Office. Daily duties change through the week, but you are allowed the autonomy to set your own schedules and duties as long as work is completed to the right standard. Would recommend this to anyone interested, but you will need to be able to work on your own initiative.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Initial induction and training could be improved on.
Robinsons is disorganised and treats their staff with little to no respect. Money that was not paid had to be chased for over a year. constant changing of management and no one seems to have a clue.
you got no training on any of the eqiptment and ended up having to repair yourself or bully the company into fixing or replacing broken equiptment.
Pros
fleible times
Cons
everything else
ive been workinng for robinson services for over a year based in a maydown company. The people there are great and i love keeping the building as clean as possible bearing in mind it is a workshop which is dirty at most times. I get all the support from robinsons i need and supplies when i order.
Pros
flexible hrs
Unappreciative company that do not respect their workers and allow supervisors to bully & harass their staff.

I had to leave after 1 year of work because the bullying started affecting my mental health.

Even after a grievance and an appeal (with solid evidence) the supervisor didn’t lose their job. I suppose this was because I left employment during the process

If I ever employ someone and they treat others the way they the supervisor treated and spoke to me, they would be fired immediately!
Cons
Bullying
I worked as a mobile cleaner which I enjoyed, was good to meet different people and people were always respectful towards me supervisor I had at start was OK. But in space 3 months I kept getting different supervisors. When 1 of my pay packets was 20hours short I was promised it would go in the next week which was fine, come next Fri money didn't go in supervisor told me would be next month before I get it which went against what he told me originally, didn't care that I had direct debits and bills to pay. Management I worked under didn't have a clue or care about workers.
Cons
Bad management
Robinsons services was a good place to work from meeting new people to seeing the faces you knew day in dayour out they also had a great understanding of my home life being a single parent I loved working here
Pros
Discounts to stores
Cons
Robinson services are a great company to work with Thrybergh understand your needs and home life great management and staff to work with it had a great time here
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Praca na stanowisku sprzedawca sprawiała mi najwięcej satysfakcji..Miałam możliwość rozwoju i pracy w zespole..bardzo mile wspominam ten czas..
Pros
szkolenia
Cons
praca po 12h
I worked to this company for 9 months. When employed with them I was given a set place to work. First 2 months was fine. Then I was being rang and texted nearly every day by my area supervisor to cover different areas. When I said I couldn't cover I received a number of cheeky texts. Would not recommended this company, they are a complete joke!!!!
Robinson Services was a good company to work for, I got all the relevant training needed and my colleagues were great. I learned a lot more about health and safety and COSHH.
Robinsons services are a good company with great support from higher management and a great company ethics as working as one team however not many sites outside of northern Ireland
Pros
good workplace
Cons
You are just a number here, there are no benefits to anything. Every situation is picked apart in fine detail only to find fault in your work. They are not a great company and demand more than what they pay you for, in my last place of work we had two staff members out on sick leave accounting for 80+ hours needing coverage, bearing in mind the other staff members (6) were already on 42 hours per week we were told they could not supply coverage to our site but yet the lost hours MUST be covered. No consideration for any of their staff.
Cons
Long hours, poor uniform quality, poor holiday coverage.
Cleaning service at Fairhill Shopping Centre, Ballymena
25.5 hrs per week

I have work every covers, responsibilities were similar all cleaning jobs

team work, good communication with all staff