Robins & Day Employee Reviews

United Kingdom55 reviews
OK job but work life balance does not work in your favour, expected to stay late constantly for no extra pay, people there don't care, looking forward to leaving
A fast paced car dealership over 3 manufacturers: Peugeot, Citroen and DS. Based on delivering an exceptional customer service experience. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the interaction with all my customers. The hardest part of the job was continually delivering an exceptional customer service experience.
Worked here job role extremely stressful ,management all worried about getting the CSI score up and not bothered about staff ! was thrown in at the deep end no training offered, staff friendly but one staff member in particular was not at all helpful she would watch you struggle and not even go out of her way to help !! The work environment was relaxed and had a few laughs! Just didn't like the fact no training . Customers complain img about vehicles not ready and the horrible staff member who was two faced
if you aint willing to kiss grant and antonys butt you wont last long .callum golden boy gets all the big sales he loves butt kissing truly.staff turnover is high nearly all the great team are gone,collection and delivery is out the window wrong days no phone to customers so many complaints.master mechanics leaving must be a warning sign
Nice place to work nice people, lots of fun but also very serious if you need help. But brilliant fun and lots of money to be made if your willing to work hard for it
A typical day at work, starts with reviewing emails and responding to Urgent requests.
Prioritize the days events, Customer appointments, ensuring administration issues are dealt with, vehicles are ready for delivery/collection, liaising with the service department and cleaners. Prospecting for new business - the most difficult part of the job

Most rewarding part of the job, is seeing the customers satisfied and happy with their new car.
The showroom is always spotless, the cars are always clean. The management at Liverpool are top notch, very experienced, very helpful and have a lot of knowledge to pass on.Their training is fantastic no expense spared. Their product knowledge is second to none, they do care about the customer and as they are manufacturer owned they cant be beaten.If you do as the trainers teach you and when your at the showroom you do as the manager asks you wouldn't earn less than £34,000.
Congratulations to Robins & Day a great place to work. Only the people that fail insult such a good company.Its the long hours that spoil the job
24 February 2020
Thank you for your positive review! We love to hear your feedback and are glad you enjoyed your time with Robins & Day

Robins & Day
Enormously overstocked, this is a difficult place to work; aisles completely blocked, panels in inaccessible places. There is also a crony culture in play, and a definite “us and them” attitude amongst line management and staff.
23 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we're dissapointed to hear that you feel this way and your time with Robins & Day wasn't enjoyable. We are always keen to look into issues to try and improve, so if you have any more feedback, could we ask you to send more details to robinsanddaycareers@mpsa.com.

Robins & Day
low wages and excessive working hours 49 hours a week, that’s shocking, customers always complaining about their vehicles unbelievable poor product not fit for purpose and so many manufacturing recalls, working environment is stressful, management spreading propaganda and lies and reaping the benefits off your hard work, service managers continually making fraudulent warranty claims.
23 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we're really sorry to hear that you feel this way. We're always keen to look into issues and try our best to resolve them so please send any further details to robinsanddaycareers@mpsa.com so that we can address your situation directly.

Robins & Day
It was before robins and day took over, went from management to pretty much driver in 2 years since!! Horrible working environment!! Faceless owner and a manager that couldn’t run a bath!!
7 October 2019
We're very sorry to hear that you feel this way about Robins & Day. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear your time with us wasn't enjoyable. We’d be grateful if you could send more details to robinsanddaycareers@mpsa.com at your earliest convenience and we will do our best to use your feedback to help us improve in the future.
Avoid at all cost!! Don’t waste your time Unless you like to be taken advantage of! During my time at robins and day I seen more then 10 people leave in a space of a few months. Majority of the sales people are unhappy and are in the process of looking for a new job tbf I don’t blame them. It’s got to be the worse job I ever had in my life! Treated unfairly by management looked down on and no support what so ever!
31 July 2019
We're very sorry to hear that you feel this way about Robins & Day. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your time with us was not a positive one. We’d be grateful if you could send more details to robinsanddaycareers@mpsa.com at your earliest convenience and we will do our best to use your feedback to help us improve in the future.
I've been work at Robinson Day for less 3 years been really enjoy work same as as customer been enjoy to deal with my person unfortunately there was self-employed position and there was no opportunity to get myself employed for the reason I have to leave
31 July 2019
Thank you so much for the positive review! It's great to hear your feedback of your time at Robins & Day.

Kind Regards

Robins & Day
Having worked for the 2 largest plc dealer groups its like chalk and Cheese all have Values only Robins & Day actually live within and have a great culture which is Unique in the Motor Trade I believe they are the Best Company to work for in the Uk
Pros
Great team atmosphere, very supportive in challenging times
31 July 2019
Thank you for your positive review! We love to hear your feedback and are glad you are enjoying your time with Robins & Day.

Robins & Day
Great place to work everybody from the general manager down to the valeters have a mutual respect for each other. Great place for career progression if you work hard.
29 April 2019

Robins & Day
It seems like everyone is leaving this company. From the first day you're being left on your own. They only care about Citroen and Peugeot. DS is an odd ball(They don't earn enough money). No chance to implement your own ideas. There's no budget for a proper advertising or organising an event for potential buyers.
No doubt they struggle. In the last few months 4 employees left the role(DS Expert) and they can't find replacement for them.

The only positive thing is basic salary which is higher than average in industry( they raised it from 18k to 22k) but it's not enough to justify working for them.
Pros
It's a New Dealership
Cons
Money, Management Support, Product
25 April 2019
We're very sorry to hear that you feel this way about Robins & Day. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. We’d be grateful if you could send more details to robinsanddaycareers@mpsa.com at your earliest convenience and we will do our best to use your feedback to help us improve in the future.
I worked for Robins & Day Derby as a van coordinator for 6 years. The manager and assistant manager of the parts department were brilliant to work for, very professional and understanding, they would take on board any new ideas to streamline and make the department more efficient when possible. Sadly the team of drivers I coordinated were never helpful and at times disruptive towards me and reluctantly I left the company.

Paul Ambler
Pros
Two good managers

Robins & Day
It used to be a good company to work for and then management would always threaten you and talk behind your back. They always put pressure on you and make you feel unsafe. The company car scheme was the only good thing. I don't usually write reviews however this had to be said. Manager don't care about the employees feeling.
Pros
Company car

Robins & Day
A very fun and upbeat environment with a helpful set of staff and a laidback atmosphere.
Sales targets can often be difficult and are sometimes very pressurised, however if you do meet your targets there are loads of benefits.

Overall a nice place to work.
Pros
Competitive Salary

Robins & Day
I worked at different sites in separate locations and they were VERY different.
Be VERY careful when applying with this company, you can either be really lucky or really un-lucky.
Pros
Colleagues and Pay
Cons
unpaid overtime
Good company to work for. Management listen to your needs and help wherever possible. Ability to grow within the company.
Would recommend, I've been there for 16 years.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Used to be a great working environment but the ethos behind the company has changed over the last 2 years. More pressure, more expectation, more hours and more needed to do the basics of your job. If you don’t hit your target you are threatened with a meeting with the regional manager!
Pros
Colleagues are all good people but all feeling the strain
Cons
Long hours, stressful
30 October 2018
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we're really sorry to hear that you feel that the company has changed. We're always keen to look into issues and try our best to resolve them so please send any further details to robinsanddaycareers@mpsa.com so that we can address your situation directly.

Robins & Day
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robins & Day. Our community is ready to answer.