Robins & Day Employee Reviews

Avoid at all costs. If you think of a proper career than it's not the right place.
DS Expert (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 April 2019
It seems like everyone is leaving this company. From the first day you're being left on your own. They only care about Citroen and Peugeot. DS is an odd ball(They don't earn enough money). No chance to implement your own ideas. There's no budget for a proper advertising or organising an event for potential buyers.
No doubt they struggle. In the last few months 4 employees left the role(DS Expert) and they can't find replacement for them.
The only positive thing is basic salary which is higher than average in industry( they raised it from 18k to 22k) but it's not enough to justify working for them.
Pros
It's a New Dealership
Cons
Money, Management Support, Product
Robins & Day Derby Parts Dept
Parts Delivery Driver/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Derby, UK25 March 2019
I worked for Robins & Day Derby as a van coordinator for 6 years. The manager and assistant manager of the parts department were brilliant to work for, very professional and understanding, they would take on board any new ideas to streamline and make the department more efficient when possible. Sadly the team of drivers I coordinated were never helpful and at times disruptive towards me and reluctantly I left the company.

Paul Ambler
Pros
Two good managers
1 April 2019

Thank you for your positive review! We love to hear your feedback and are glad you enjoyed your time with Robins & Day

Kind regards,
Robins & Day

Not enjoyable and not good working life balance
Vehicle Technician (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire22 March 2019
It used to be a good company to work for and then management would always threaten you and talk behind your back. They always put pressure on you and make you feel unsafe. The company car scheme was the only good thing. I don't usually write reviews however this had to be said. Manager don't care about the employees feeling.
Pros
Company car
1 April 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we're really sorry to hear that you feel this way. We're always keen to look into issues and try our best to resolve them so please send any further details to robinsanddaycareers@mpsa.com so that we can address your situation directly.

Kind regards
Robins & Day

Used to be great- changes needed
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 October 2018
Used to be a great working environment but the ethos behind the company has changed over the last 2 years. More pressure, more expectation, more hours and more needed to do the basics of your job. If you don’t hit your target you are threatened with a meeting with the regional manager!
Pros
Colleagues are all good people but all feeling the strain
Cons
Long hours, stressful
30 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we're really sorry to hear that you feel that the company has changed. We're always keen to look into issues and try our best to resolve them so please send any further details to robinsanddaycareers@mpsa.com so that we can address your situation directly.

Kind regards

Van parts driver
Van Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 October 2018
I worked here for over 12 months and totally enjoyed my time here yes it was on the agency but it felt like I was employed if you are willing to work hard and put your head down management are cooperative with your needs great place to work I would recommend it
Pros
Feels like a family
Cons
Can’t think of any
30 October 2018

Kind regards,
Robins & Day

Could be great but lots of poor management and focus
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Midland13 May 2018
Poor work life balance, lots of pressure.
Bullying style of management at times.
Poor marketing as only think prospecting not local brand building.
A few changes would make big results. Look at working hours say 10-4 on a Sunday, why 7pm in winter.
A rota which gives sales staff a weekend off every 4 - 6 weeks.
Somewhere you can have 5 mins to eat lunch.. This is just a few ideas.
Pros
A car but its taxed...
Cons
Many but a few changes would make a great company
Excellent place to work
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Leicester4 February 2018
A really fun place that is going places. Excellent rate of pay. A young ceo who is willing to listen. Sites all over the country. Just taken on Vauxhall so exciting times.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
rewarding if budget met, no work life balance
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 January 2018
company good to work for at ground level, the higher you go the greater the pressure which can consume you.

i think the engagement with the workforce is far better and they care about the team.

for the right people you will progress and have great career progression..
Pros
employee cars
Cons
no work life balance
fleet driver/progress chasing /service driver
fleet driver /progress chasing /service driver (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside14 June 2017
I was employed as a driver for fleet dep, my manager said that i had the skills to progress in other roles in the company, as they then give me the job of compound checking in all cars e.g new from manufacturer an part ex an trade, i had to do full inspection on the car an see if the car was for retail or trade what the condition an mileage an then push the car for repair an valet ready for sale or trade, when the new cars arrived i had to do full car inspection an report any damage, then give admin the delivery notes ready for pre delivery inspection, reg an safety check.
Pros
getting to learn new roles in the company
Cons
as the job was only temp zero hours
Vehicle Technician (Current Employee) –  London8 April 2017
Great place to work for development as long as your keen to learn and hard working. Reward schemes are good and also even technicians entitled to a company car and good pension scheme.
Pros
Company Car + good pension
Cons
Half hour lunch
professional place to work
Assistant Sales Manager/ New Car Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, ENG24 January 2016
Co-workers are all nice,long hours and short dinner breaks.good learning academy.adapting and evolving business. New products and sales process' being introduced
Pros
Manufacturer owned
fun place to work
Receptionist and Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, ENG20 November 2014
Robins & Day peugeot was a lovely place to work at, all the people who work there are very nice people they treat you how they would like to be treated them self's and the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and greeting old and new customers.
Pros
one hour lunch break
robin & day
Technician (Current Employee) –  Chiswick Middlesex11 April 2013
Its not a bad company to work for if you are in the right job role.