Robert W. Baird Employee Reviews

Great job culture with associates willing to help at every turn
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI18 June 2019
A typical day at Baird is started with a smile on your face. I learned that you can learn from many associates at Baird. It's always a good idea to experience everything that is offered such as employee resource groups and networking events. Management helps you achieve your goals but it's a priority that is solely responsible within each associate. The hardest part of the job can be deciding to leave and venture somewhere else. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and it's unique culture.
Baird
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL10 March 2019
Baird is a strong investment bank where you will learn a lot and be able to advanced. Baird has a lot of work to do to help its employees maintain healthy work/life balance
Enjoyable place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL19 February 2019
I enjoyed my time at Robert W. Baird. It was a fun and informational environment where I grew as an individual. It was a great company to work for, and the people were great too.
Underdeveloped management
Support (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI19 September 2018
Mid-level management does not have clear vision of client's needs. Nepotism and cronyism are more important than client's needs. High tolerance for failure.
Rewards employees
Supervision Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI28 August 2018
There are a lot of diverse work groups within Baird, therefore there are many things to learn. Management were not helpful in helping you grow your career within the department. The workplace culture was filled with a ton of people who never worked with diverse people.
Pros
Investment opportunities and employee appreciation events
Cons
Privileged employees
Family environment, adaptive
Client Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI26 August 2018
Baird provides many opportunities to advance your career through educational opportunities and taking on projects at work to develop new skills. The culture is very family oriented. Typically this is a good thing but can allow associates who are not a good fit to stick around.
Long tradition of excellence and continuing to emerge across the globe with solutions
SVP,Senior Talent Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI23 August 2018
Exceptional culture, wildly successful and forward-looking position among peer firms.
+ CEO transition well planned and executed
+ New learning platforms adding value
Pros
Flexibility in what your projects become and priorities that fit your interests.
Cons
Sometimes a meeting culture with over collaboration
N/a
Cash Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 532021 August 2018
Great place too work. Good benefits, culture and flexibility. Management is very supportive of those attending school and wanting to expand education.
independant working environment
On-Site Staffing Manager/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI6 July 2018
Robert W. Baird was a great opportunity to grow as a recruiter and Human Resource Manager. Being by myself on-site allowed me to make my own decisions and be my on boss.
Most enjoyable work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI14 June 2018
Baird was by far the most enjoyable work environment I've had. All management levels were easy to communicate with and accessible. Benefits were great and overall staff was positive and motivated.
Investment Company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE20 May 2018
I worked as a receptionist, answering phones, scanning, opening mail and distributing to the correct person. I learned that the financial advisor's employment number was required on all documentation before scanning. My manager was excellent in explaining the job responsibilities. The company was a good place to work at. I enjoyed working with all the people.
14 Years in Top 20 Fortunes 100 Top Companies
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, IN28 February 2018
Employee owned. Continue to grow each year. No two days are alike. Lots of growth opportunities. Seasonal staff and family environment. Clean offices.
Pros
Employee owned
Cons
Day can seem long when the market goes down.
n/a
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 December 2017
Calendar management, meeting coordination, data entry, travel planning, expense reporting.
Benefits, limited and expensive.
Manage meetings, book space, secure catering, prepare meeting materials.
Very Productive, always a task that needs completion
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH11 December 2017
Working at Robert W. Baird a typical day start with me making sure everything is stocked in the copying room as well as the kitchen. When the morning task is complete I report to one of my co-workers for more work in which I must complete. This may consist of filing, copying, scanning, shredding, etc. when that task is complete I often ask for more work in which I cannot disclose.The management at Baird is very interactive and respectful. The workplace is quiet and steady. The most enjoyable part of working at Baird would be the amount of movement I achieve throughout the day, also interacting with my coworkers as well.
Pros
Its a great opportunity. its allowed me to develop people skills also efficiency.
Cons
N/a
Client Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WI22 November 2017
The people are wonderful, and management is willing to help in whatever you may need. Having a good work life balance is very important to mamagement. Would definately recommend working for this company.
Fun Workplace and Positive Atmosphere
Senior Advisory Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WI21 November 2017
Working in the Operations department can be a bit stressful at times, but overall a very positive environment to work in. The associates are willing to help and every pitches in. Would recommend this company.
productive and overall nice quiet atmosphere and space to work
Equity Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL27 October 2017
I enjoyed my time at Baird for the most part, worked in a small department and was left alone for the most part working with a couple of different teams. That being said, there were times when it could be difficult and lack of communication was evident.
Pros
some free lunches, paid holiday and vacation, 401K
Cons
could be made to feel inferior, tight deadlines and the blame game
Great Culture/Many Hours/Mediocre Pay
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL10 August 2017
Great culture here, but they will work you to the bone... in a very kind manner. Benefits are pretty good. 401K has a decently high match. If you can become a stock holder, then you are good to go.
customer service
Receptionist/ Call Center Consultant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI31 July 2017
It was a fun place to work. The people are very friendly and caring. In my department , my co-workers were fair and helpful to each other. I noticed how everyone kept each other informed on changes and events.
You can feel the sadness and negativity as soon as you enter the work place.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI30 July 2017
Very unhealthy place to work. People are pressured to do what goes angainst their believes. A lot of bulling from management. This is the worst environment I have worked at and am a seasoned employee. Your sitting arrangements are like sardines in a can. Bathroom conditions are 6 stalls for over 200 men. Same for woman.

It is a mighty white dominated place to work at. No diversity.
Pros
No pros for me
Cons
No diversity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robert W. Baird. Our community is ready to answer.