ROBERT NAPIER SCHOOL Employee Reviews

3.5Job Security & Advancement
productive and fun workplace, organised, challenging
Art Technician (Former Employee) –  Gillingham, Kent25 February 2019
I cleaned and organised storage rooms/cupboards
I helped prepare materials for lessons
I helped students during lessons
I learned to keep myself organised so I knew what work had to be done
I learned how to do multiple things at once and I learned to help use my creative eye towards putting up displays
the hardest part of the job was doing the same tedious work but I was able to carry on with it anyway
I enjoyed cleaning and organising things
I liked to help prepare lessons
Pros
free lunches, experience in a professional environment
Cons
hot rooms with no air con
Office assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham, Kent25 November 2016
The people at the Robert Napier school working in the office was very kind and helped me with the printing and helping me with other things I handed out papers to people and collected people from class rooms when wanted or needed
Pros
Lunch at 12 o'clock
Cons
6 hours
Productive workplace
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham24 February 2016
I only had experience working in this school for two weeks as part of my work experience but when i was there all of the staff were well organised and friendly.
Pros
Short Hours
Cons
Boring Tasks
Fun place and also interesting
Assistant at secondary school department (Former Employee) –  Gillingham, ENG5 June 2014
getting to work at 8:40am, the same time as the students would be in school and in form for registration. i would go in the sports office and do whatever job that was required for me to do. i would help out other departments, such as relocating furniture.
I learned to be more confident and supervising the students, also communicating with the students and teachers. In a few situations i would help teaching the students the basics of the sport.
The management was organised, the department knew what they were doing and had the days planned for them to be able o teach the children. Also sports day was during the time of my work experience, so i was able to help with the organisation of the sporting events and monitoring the progression of the day.
The staff in the sport department were cheerful and funny, they were fun to work for and with. The Head of the department was organised and nice, as well as a motivational speaker.
the hardest part of the job was having nothing to do, as during this time there were free periods. so, work was to be given.
the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help with the organisation of sports day.
Supply Teacher
Business Studies Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Gillingham, Kent11 April 2013
A typical day would be covering a Tutor Group for the daily registration period, followed by teaching Business Studies to years 9,11,12 and 13 over 5 lessons each day. PPA time is allocated within the timetable together with emergency cover lessons which involves covering absences for general subjects. The hardest part of the job is the emergency cover when work has not been left. The most enjoyable part of this job has been seeing students progress in their work and developing a greater understanding for the subject.
Pros
on site parking.
Cons
travelling