Robert Gordon University Employee Reviews

Disorganised, but fun
Digital content assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City2 September 2018
There is no typical day at work, which is definitely a benefit. There's always something new to do. However, management seems to be quite poor and there is no knowledge transfer whatsoever. Moreover, often you get a task and then work that you've done is not required anymore, which comes back to the poor management.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City1 September 2018
Friendly staff, good fair management, suitable for those over 30 if you want to become part of the workplace culture. Its pretty laidback and easy work
Pros
educational discount for various shops
Lots of variety in the job. Never boring.
Engineering Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen24 July 2018
A nice group of people to work with. Very friendly. Lots of different jobs to do. Coffee breaks were a ritual, many throughout the day, can't afford to get too tired.
Average salary with minimum job security and potential for advancement
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen City1 April 2018
Average salary with minimum job security and potential for advancement. Management was unable to encourage positive job culture among employees with diverse cultural and organisational background.
Steady, but progress is slow
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen City16 October 2017
Reliably predictable working routine.
Lots of opportunities to study various types of subjects with all the information at your fingertips.
However it takes many years to progress within the organization.
Pros
Reliably predictable
Cons
Slow to progress.
Excellent work colleagues
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Garthdee7 September 2017
I get on very well with those I work with and with management. Very likeable bunch. Poor salary for a job which you cannot fit a part time job around
Rgu
Security Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen City4 July 2017
A typical day involved being present at the reception and ensuring everyone was signed into the building to comply with fire safety regulations and that they all signed out again upon leaving.
Bon environnement de travail
Developpeur (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Royaume-Uni22 May 2017
Très bonne équipe travaillant sur un projet qui pour ma part m'a plus que motivé !
Temporary Work
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire10 January 2017
I've worked 2 contracts at RGU as well as ad hoc work where needed in the Computing and Digital Media department. I work 9-5 with the option of working at home once a week.
Work Experience Student
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen29 October 2016
I was only here for a week, and in that week i felt a little out of place. I was made to look for a place to go for my work experience back when i was in S4. So because of this i chose this place because it had the most things in common with what i wanted to study in further education.
Pros
Learnt valuable skills
Cons
No pay, long commute
productive
Voluntary Worker (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen City25 October 2016
voluntary work with voice of reason a group of young people who have been involved with the care system as a child.
its something very important to me as this is the career past I want to go down.
Job as an Associate Lecturer
Associate Lecturer, Aberdeen Business School (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen4 October 2016
I was fortunate to be proposed in the position of Associate Lecturer, where I was actively involved in delivering lectures to undergraduate/postgraduate students. This was the most enjoyable part of the job and frankly I could not recall any negative moments whilst in this position. I had to leave in order to pursue my MSc.
Pros
Active interaction between the student and the lecturer's community
Cons
N/a
Fantastic work experience
Part-Time Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen28 April 2016
Great experience and work team.
Excellent working environment.
Well organised

learnt:
time management
Information management
great communication skills with student
Pros
flexible working hours
Fair
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Robert Gordon Halls John Street13 April 2016
Fair but lacking with Professional Management to oversee staff development and support. No local site supervisory support provided
Cons
Lack of Supervisory Support
Wide variety of duties - interesting job
Facilities Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCT31 December 2015
Job calls for a wide range of skills and knowledge. Useful to have a trade or 'experienced' DIY'er background. Shifts can be very disruptive to family life if you have young kids.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Bad shift patterns
Interesting and Exposing
Residence Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen7 February 2015
I ensure the hall of residence is conducive for all students by enforcing compliance with hall rules. Furthermore, i also provide support services for students through the role of residence adviser.
Internship project
Project Planner (Former Employee) –  aberdeen2 December 2013
Balancing between reaserch and support to project team in primavera
Project planner
Project Planner (Former Employee) –  ABERDEEN30 November 2013
• Produced weekly report and project status report.
• Project developments, execution, monitoring and control using tools such as MS Project, EVM, progress reports and trend tracking etc.
• Interface between various department involved in the project
• Screen all incoming work requests for accurate and complete description and correct priorities.
• Monitored the integrated project schedules, costs and resources in accordance with the company timetable procedures and working practices.
• Ensure projects are executed in compliance with statutory regulations and laws.
• Represented the department in negotiations with consultants, contractor suppliers and stakeholder’s at all level.
• Monitored project scope and deliverables including application of change management processes.
• Planned and estimated resources requirements, analyses task dependencies and tracked project status.
• Project Control and Monitoring of project operations avoiding costs and schedule overruns
Good.
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCT18 June 2013
Lecturers were good because they had lots of knowledge about different subjects. They were helpful and friendly. Personal tutor was freindly, nice and approachable. Most enjoyable part of been at University was being on placement and seeing improvement in patients.
Productive work place
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen1 May 2013
I have got very good experience of research. My supervisory team is co-operative and helping. I enjoyed my time here.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Tight schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robert Gordon University. Our community is ready to answer.

Robert Gordon University Reviews by Location